J.J. Watt is a JA98 Clone

Zodiac

Jamaal Anderson- 6'6 290LBs

J.J. Watt- 6'6 292LBs

JJ Watt had almost no prominence until his final season, in which he posted 7 Sacks

and 59 Tackles

Jamaal Anderson had almost no prominence until his final season. (Can't find his senior season stats in college, he did post 17.5 Sacks in Arkansas in 2 seasons, compared to Watts 11 in 2 Seasons.)

What was JA98's best move ot get sacks in college? an Inside Hitch

JJ Watt's? An Inside Hitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTwvuZ3jMs

Guys the evidence is pretty clear JJ Watt is basically Jamaal Anderson 2.0.

I have been saying this a lot. I don't see all the hype for J.J. Watt. I think he's a less athletic version of JA98 with a better motor. He could be a pretty good fit for a 34 defense, but he's not something I'd want. Besides JA98 is what 24 years old with 4 years of experience? I'd rather take that than get a similar prospect in J.J. Watt who will have to adjust to the NFL level all over again.

I'd like to see someone like Ryan Kerrigan, Aldon Smith, or heck even Allen Bailey at DE.

• 2 months later...

Bump to not jack another thread.

I have to agree with the OPs assestment from what I saw and read...potentially JA98. I could see taking him in the later rds but not in the 1st. He could be a solid rotational player on the D-line, but lack of speed off the line is a red flag. I don't know if Watt would be any upgrade over KB similar to how JA98 is not.

I agree with the OP. Just from what I've seen from Watt, he wouldn't bring the pure pass rush that the Falcons need. He looks more like an anchor-type, run-stopping end. To take it one step further, he reminds me a lot of Justin Smith. The Bengals drafted him out of Missouri with the 4th overall pick. Instead of a terror off the edge, they got a high motor guy who was great against the run, but never showed any real pass rushing skill and never posted double-digit sack numbers.

It wasn't until he found his way to the 49ers as a 300 lb. 3-4 End that he began to flourish.

Jamaal Anderson- 6'6 290LBs

J.J. Watt- 6'6 292LBs

JJ Watt had almost no prominence until his final season, in which he posted 7 Sacks

and 59 Tackles

Jamaal Anderson had almost no prominence until his final season. (Can't find his senior season stats in college, he did post 17.5 Sacks in Arkansas in 2 seasons, compared to Watts 11 in 2 Seasons.)

What was JA98's best move ot get sacks in college? an Inside Hitch

JJ Watt's? An Inside Hitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTwvuZ3jMs

Guys the evidence is pretty clear JJ Watt is basically Jamaal Anderson 2.0.

I always hear that when a new version like 2.0 comes out its better. But then at this point it would not be hard to improve on 1.0 version. Maybe we need to wait till they come out with service pack 1 for JA98. :lol::lol: :P

You guys are very wrong on this one. I didn't want Anderson at all, but I would love to have Watt,, Totally different types, strengths, Watt is the real deal, believe me on this one. NE will take him if he is still there but I doubt him lasting that long. He is made for the 3 4 thou.

I never watched a single bit of film on Jamaal Anderson and I knew he wasn't going to be great. At his pro day, he only had 22 reps in the bench, and his vertical was only 32 inches. That told me two things. He had no upper body strength, and he wasn't going to have any explosion.

I havn't watched a thing on Watt, and the tape doesn't lie but JJ put up 34 reps on the bench and had a 37 inch vertical while being 2 pounds heavier. Now like I said I havn't seen Watt and he may be "slow" off the ball, but I can almost be certain that he'll be more explosive when he does take off and he has the upper body strengh that Jamaal didn't have. I believe that Draftnut who i'm sure has watched tape is probably right.