Defense.

That is why we went 13-3 only to get blown out in the most embarrassing loss to visit Atlanta since the 53-0 rout the Chiefs put on us a few seasons ago.

We started the season with poor defense, mid-way through our defense became better but somehow the last two weeks between Carolina and Greenbay we reverted back to the days of Jason Webster and the aging Keith Brooking.

People want to blame our offense but that is not the problem. Our offense is one of the most complete and talented squads in all of football on a positional basis. We lose against Greenbay because we could never keep our offense on the field. Matt Ryan and the other guys could never get a rhythm going because they were always on the sidelines. Our defense was so bad it was hard to watch.

The time of talking about our offense and what we need is over. We will get nowhere beyond the regular season without a top 10 defense. We need PASS RUSHERS, we need COVER SAFETIES and we need a MLB that will bruise anyone coming through the hole.

The fact is that defense DOES win championships. We had a questionable defense and we got burned. This off season needs to be entirely focused on the defensive side of the ball. Without some real talent we will never be the class of the NFC.

Green bay knew our team, knew our weakness and executed a game plan to perfection. Our offense had no chance to get going because our defense could not get off the field to save their life. TD after TD. Matt Ryan made some pretty poor decisions but our defense is what cost us that game.

I have faith in our coaching staff and head of house though. I truly believe that this is the year we commit ourselves to bringing up a tough smash-mouth style defense into the NFC South. Our offense is here, Ryan will only get better and we have plenty of positional players to go around.

GET US TO THE SUPERBOWL, GET US A REAL DEFENSE!

I as a fan cannot continue to put my self through such emotional distress. Man... I was talking to much smack this past week. Everyone at work, school, friends and family. I was embarrassed after that game. To spend all season trumping up my beloved Falcons who were 13-3 only to watch them get man-handled as everyone I know and millions of people I don't watched my supposed great 13-3 team get raped?

You embarrassed me Atlanta. You embarrassed me and provided myself as the butt of many jokes after that loss. Get your **** together Atlanta. I dont want no freakin Romo. If we can't get it done when it counts, then what the **** is the point?

I agree in the fact that the defense were off in the playoff game but so was the 3 and out offense.

All year the defense has had to carry the offense to keep the games close. Our offense is not explosive and everyone knows it. We rarely go up on a team and every game we have to pray that the defense can hold so the offense can get back down field to kick a field goal so we win by 1 or 2 points.

If the offense was better then we would be scoring higher. We need more weapons for Ryan to throw to and while controlling the clock is all well and good, I'd rather have more points on the board and not have to worry about coming back in the fourth quarter.

The playoff was a total bust all around though. Next year...Next year is our year!!!

I agree in the fact that the defense were off in the playoff game but so was the 3 and out offense.

All year the defense has had to carry the offense to keep the games close. Our offense is not explosive and everyone knows it. We rarely go up on a team and every game we have to pray that the defense can hold so the offense can get back down field to kick a field goal so we win by 1 or 2 points.

If the offense was better then we would be scoring higher. We need more weapons for Ryan to throw to and while controlling the clock is all well and good, I'd rather have more points on the board and not have to worry about coming back in the fourth quarter.

The playoff was a total bust all around though. Next year...Next year is our year!!!

The O scored td's and moved the ball. We were playing one of the BEST d's in the nfl.. Our d plain out s ucked and if our d would have stopped them a few times the o would have been able to have a little momentum.