Pat Yasstinkass "Which Loss was worse"

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

With all the NFC South teams done playing games, let's make one up for ourselves.

It's real easy. Which playoff loss was worse, Atlanta's loss to Green Bay on Saturday or New Orleans' loss to Seattle the week before?

I'll lay out a brief case for each and then I'll cast my vote.

New Orleans' 41-36 loss to Seattle: At least this game was close and you can always say that a road trip to Seattle and dealing with the "12th man'' make things more difficult than they should be. But the sad part here is the defending world champions suddenly turned into the defenseless world champions. They gave up 41 points to a team that was 7-9 in the regular season.

Atlanta's 48-21 loss to Green Bay: The Falcons were defenseless, too. So much for all the talk about how the arrivals of rookie linebacker Sean Weatherspoon and free-agent cornerback Dunta Robinson had made this defense solid. The Falcons were the No. 1 seed in the NFC and they got torn up at home by the No. 6 seed.

My vote: Both losses were extremely embarrassing. But I'm giving my vote for worst loss to the Saints in a close call. This really could go either way. But I'm going with New Orleans because at least the Falcons lost to a good team.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the NFC South teams done playing games, let's make one up for ourselves.

It's real easy. Which playoff loss was worse, Atlanta's loss to Green Bay on Saturday or New Orleans' loss to Seattle the week before?

I'll lay out a brief case for each and then I'll cast my vote.

New Orleans' 41-36 loss to Seattle: At least this game was close and you can always say that a road trip to Seattle and dealing with the "12th man'' make things more difficult than they should be. But the sad part here is the defending world champions suddenly turned into the defenseless world champions. They gave up 41 points to a team that was 7-9 in the regular season.

Atlanta's 48-21 loss to Green Bay: The Falcons were defenseless, too. So much for all the talk about how the arrivals of rookie linebacker Sean Weatherspoon and free-agent cornerback Dunta Robinson had made this defense solid. The Falcons were the No. 1 seed in the NFC and they got torn up at home by the No. 6 seed.

My vote: Both losses were extremely embarrassing. But I'm giving my vote for worst loss to the Saints in a close call. This really could go either way. But I'm going with New Orleans because at least the Falcons lost to a good team.

Well there you have it folks a close game away from compared to a blown out loss at home.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Well there you have it folks a close game away from compared to a blown out loss at home.

You must've passed on reading THIS part, " Both losses were extremely embarrassing. But I'm giving my vote for worst loss to the Saints in a close call. This really could go either way. But I'm going with New Orleans because at least the Falcons lost to a good team."

It was a close call but losing to a 7-9 team in a playoff game?;)

You must've passed on reading THIS part, " Both losses were extremely embarrassing. But I'm giving my vote for worst loss to the Saints in a close call. This really could go either way. But I'm going with New Orleans because at least the Falcons lost to a good team."

Both teams were 0-0, I could promise you though I would have loved to have played in the Superdome then on the road. The Seahawks even put up a fight against the bears though in the game made is respectable. You can look at this either way, I will take my 5 point loss on the road, which my team fought 4 guarters too half my home fans leaving half way through the 3rd.

Well, either way, both teams are at home. Worst loss point wise? Who lost to a team with a worst record? Its all speculation and opinion at this point. JB, who did yall lose to in the playoffs? B)

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Well, either way, both teams are at home. Worst loss point wise? Who lost to a team with a worst record? Its all speculation and opinion at this point. JB, who did yall lose to in the playoffs? B)

All I know is had we not blown it against the Lions a few weeks earlier we would've made the playoffs and certainly wouldn't had embarrasse3d our selves like you all did against a 7-9 team.;)

Honestly the saints game was not really "close"

the Final score was closer then the actual game/

Once they rallied from 10 points down the seahawks had pretty much a 2 score lead the entire rest of the game.

6 minutes left in the game down by 4, or 6 minutes left in the game your dome is empty and a ref is qb'n the packers...

6 minutes left in the game down by 4, or 6 minutes left in the game your dome is empty and a ref is qb'n the packers...

Your point?

Never said the falcons game was close.....Just pointing out the seahawk kick the saints ***** a lot more then the score indicated.

and if you watched the game you know that to be true. The seahwaks were FAR more physical and they wanted it A LOT more.

Your point?

Never said the falcons game was close.....Just pointing out the seahawk kick the saints ***** a lot more then the score indicated.

and if you watched the game you know that to be true. The seahwaks were FAR more physical and they wanted it A LOT more.

Could have sworn we had around the same amount of yards, think what most Saints including myself are saying that we atleast had a chance, but in the end a loss is a loss.

If I had to vote.......Imo, has to be the Falcons.

Saints had already lost to the Cardinals and the Browns in the regular season, so them getting beat by a subpar team, while shocking, wasn't totally unforeseen. If you put it in terms of seeding, the 5th seed lost to the 4th seed.

The Falcons on the other hand, had only lost to the Steelers, the playoff bound Eagles and their long term rival - The Saints. Aside from losing to their division rival, they have looked unstoppable in the GA Dome. The 1st seed lost to the 6th seed.

Another thing on why I'd vote on the Pack/Falcons game. - I don't recall the Seahawks resting some of their starters late in the fourth against the Saints.

Edited by 08NFCSChamps

Could have sworn we had around the same amount of yards, think what most Saints including myself are saying that we atleast had a chance, but in the end a loss is a loss.

Same amount of yards or not the seahawks had a 2 score game nearly hte whole game after being down by 2 scores.

I believe the seahawks went on a tear of like 27-3 at one point.

The saints never really had a chance in the game.

Same amount of yards or not the seahawks had a 2 score game nearly hte whole game after being down by 2 scores.

More of a chance then you did down 10 point or down by 28 I like our chances.

If I had to vote.......Imo, has to be the Falcons.

Saints had already lost to the Cardinals and the Browns in the regular season, so them getting beat by a subpar team, while shocking, wasn't totally unforeseen. If you put it in terms of seeding, the 5th seed lost to the 4th seed.

The Falcons on the other hand, had only lost to the Steelers, the playoff bound Eagles and their long term rival - The Saints. Aside from losing to their division rival, they have looked unstoppable in the GA Dome. The 1st seed lost to the 6th seed.

Another thing on why I'd vote on the Pack/Falcons game. - I don't recall the Seahawks resting some of their starters late in the fourth against the Saints.

So there we have it : A Carolina fan says the Falcons loss is worse , while our good pal Johnny "Yuck' says it is the Saints ; but either way , it 's probably somewhat DISINGENIOUS to even have this conversation ( started by Mr. "Yuck" , whose only agenda is to equally hate on ALL of his NFC South division rivals) ---- the bottom line is this : BOTH teams FAILED to live up to their respective EXPECTATIONS.....PERIOD ! (And by the way , Mr. Yuck ---- your Yucks are indeed a very good up and coming young team , and they are most DEFINITELY on the rise , but perhaps you should NOT let "your mouth write a check that your a** can't cash " ......) Edited by Hickory Avenue

No. Besides the fact that the Saints had 60 more yards, they only trailed by 4 points with five minutes remaining and had the ball. They lost because they had three drives stall inside the five yardline, resulting in field goals.

The Saints lost a road game all the way across the country on a short week. The Falcons were blown out from the word go as the #1 seed to the #6 seed, after a bye, and forcing that #6 seed to having a short week themselves.

Both losses were embarrassing. Saints because of who they lost to if you disregard all the other elements. Falcons because of how they lost and how they had everything set up perfectly for themselves. But the more devastating loss is by far the Falcons. The Saints would still have had to win at least one more road game and another game on top of that to get back to the Super Bowl. The Falcons were two home wins away from getting there. You work all season for that top seed and not only did they have the worst loss in history as the #1 seed in the divisional round, the previous record was about 7 points.

Edited by bradael

No. Besides the fact that the Saints had 60 more yards, they only trailed by 4 points with five minutes remaining and had the ball. They lost because they had three drives stall inside the five yardline, resulting in field goals.

The Saints lost a road game all the way across the country on a short week. The Falcons were blown out from the word go as the #1 seed to the #6 seed, after a bye, and forcing that #6 seed to having a short week themselves.

Both losses were embarrassing. Saints because of who they lost to if you disregard all the other elements. Falcons because of how they lost and how they had everything set up perfectly for themselves. But the more devastating loss is by far the Falcons. The Saints would still have had to win at least one more road game and another game on top of that to get back to the Super Bowl. The Falcons were two home wins away from getting there. You work all season for that top seed and not only did they have the worst loss in history as the #1 seed in the divisional round, the previous record was about 7 points.

Now THAT is the best breakdown for this argument that I've heard, yet ; and I'm guessing that comes as an "unbiased" opinion (?) ---- either way , I'm sure Mr. "Yuck" will disagree , since it's obvious that he actually dislikes the Saints MORE than he does the Falcons ; my guess is he got scammed down on Boubon Street while he and his ugly-a** old lady were on vacation down there , and he's hated on New Orleans EVER SINCE ...... B)

this arguement could go on all day...fact is saints lost to the team with the worst record in playoff history(modern era)and the falcons,as a 1 seed lost badly to one of the best,if not the best 6th seed in history...everyone has points,but it simply doesnt matter since we are all sitting at home picking our new favorites B)

So there we have it : A Carolina fan says the Falcons loss is worse , while our good pal Johnny "Yuck' says it is the Saints ; but either way , it 's probably somewhat DISINGENIOUS to even have this conversation ( started by Mr. "Yuck" , whose only agenda is to equally hate on ALL of his NFC South division rivals) ---- the bottom line is this : BOTH teams FAILED to live up to their respective EXPECTATIONS.....PERIOD ! (And by the way , Mr. Yuck ---- your Yucks are indeed a very good up and coming young team , and they are most DEFINITELY on the rise , but perhaps you should NOT let "your mouth write a check that your a** can't cash " ......)

:lol: You're right, both losses were horrible. It's like looking at two steaming piles of crap and trying to figure out which one stinks more.

The question was posed though. Falcons had a worse game than the Saints, imo. No need to hate on any team in the subject. :P

:lol: You're right, both losses were horrible. It's like looking at two steaming piles of crap and trying to figure out which one stinks more.

The question was posed though. Falcons had a worse game than the Saints, imo. No need to hate on any team in the subject. :P

so you dissagree with the guy who gets paid to study the teams and make unbiased commentary...think ill take pats opinion as which was worse ;) ...but like i said before...it doesnt matter since both were bad