It will be OK

packfntk

First of all, I want to thank you all for being great fans. I came on this board prior to coming to ATL for the regular season game looking for some insight for the game. I received a bunch of talk, details on everything, and good sports talk. You guys are a class act and I just wanted to thank you.

Second, I want to tell you that the sky is NOT falling. It may seem like it right now, and everyone may want everyone fired and what not, but stick to your guns. It was an ugly outing no doubt in the playoffs, but it was one game. You guys have a he11 of a young team to hang your hat on. They were strong all season and gutted out the tough games. This is not the end of things, it is a stepping stone for the Atlanta Falcons. You will be strong for years to come, and you have one heck of a young QB. Once he starts to take more initiative and put the team on his back you guys will be very tough to beat. He has the skill and he has shown it, but it seems to me that he relies on the running game too much to get his passing game going and it shouldn't always be that way.

You are strong in most phases of the game. Your secondary needs a little help. Osi anyone? But your line is good, your LB's are strong, you beat teams up in the trenches on both sides, your running game is strong, your QB will be a stud, and you need more depth at WR. You are not far off.

Just wanted to tell you that it may seem like the end of the world right now and I would be ticked as well (Been there too many times), but the future is bright.

So I will check in from time to time if that is all right, I like the talk I see here the majority of the time. We play again next year at the dome (WHEN IS THIS GAME GOING TO BE AT LAMBEAU????) so that will be another battle that I am sure your players and fans will rise up for. I wish you guys a great offseason, and I am looking forward for you guys to be strong and will root for you 15 out of your 16 games. So heads up fellas, I am sure you will be like, who the heck does this guy think he is, but thanks for everything.

Packer Fan Nick.

First of all, I want to thank you all for being great fans. I came on this board prior to coming to ATL for the regular season game looking for some insight for the game. I received a bunch of talk, details on everything, and good sports talk. You guys are a class act and I just wanted to thank you.

Second, I want to tell you that the sky is NOT falling. It may seem like it right now, and everyone may want everyone fired and what not, but stick to your guns. It was an ugly outing no doubt in the playoffs, but it was one game. You guys have a he11 of a young team to hang your hat on. They were strong all season and gutted out the tough games. This is not the end of things, it is a stepping stone for the Atlanta Falcons. You will be strong for years to come, and you have one heck of a young QB. Once he starts to take more initiative and put the team on his back you guys will be very tough to beat. He has the skill and he has shown it, but it seems to me that he relies on the running game too much to get his passing game going and it shouldn't always be that way.

You are strong in most phases of the game. Your secondary needs a little help. Osi anyone? But your line is good, your LB's are strong, you beat teams up in the trenches on both sides, your running game is strong, your QB will be a stud, and you need more depth at WR. You are not far off.

Just wanted to tell you that it may seem like the end of the world right now and I would be ticked as well (Been there too many times), but the future is bright.

So I will check in from time to time if that is all right, I like the talk I see here the majority of the time. We play again next year at the dome (WHEN IS THIS GAME GOING TO BE AT LAMBEAU????) so that will be another battle that I am sure your players and fans will rise up for. I wish you guys a great offseason, and I am looking forward for you guys to be strong and will root for you 15 out of your 16 games. So heads up fellas, I am sure you will be like, who the heck does this guy think he is, but thanks for everything.

Packer Fan Nick.

Classy man. Thanks for the kind words.

The Packers won Super Bowl 2 in 1968.

The Packers did not even get a whiff of the Super Bowl again until 1996.

Then they LOST the **** Super Bowl in 1997.

So, believe me, we understand the pain of losing.

I also want to acknowledge the sportmanship of (most) of all the guys here.

You know, I grit my teeth and close my eyes and try real hard but can't think of one disparaging thing to say about the Falcons, Georgians, or the State of Georgia. Other than I'm not overly fond of peaches. Canned, in heavy syrup, they're great. Fresh, with all that fuzz all over them, yuck.

See you guys in the playoffs next year (assuming we have a season next year).

Shockwave

Classy post dude. Good Luck!!!

No I didn't mean that as cocky, I just meant watch what you say about your own team, because your own forum members will remember it. Kind of like if you say, "Player X really needs to go" and then next year he is a beast..... It will come back to get ya.

Packer Fan Nick.

I can't say a lot because I'm still grieving - but I wish you the best in the rest of the post season. I hope you make it all the way and hoist the Lombardi.

Thanks Packer Fan Nick.

I think most of our fans who are ready to jump off of a bridge are newer fans.

A lot of us are more hardened to this kind of disappointment <sigh>

But please keep posting because the more intelligent football talk the better.

The Pack is now my second fav team!

The Packers won Super Bowl 2 in 1968.

The Packers did not even get a whiff of the Super Bowl again until 1996.

Then they LOST the **** Super Bowl in 1997.

So, believe me, we understand the pain of losing.

I also want to acknowledge the sportmanship of (most) of all the guys here.

You know, I grit my teeth and close my eyes and try real hard but can't think of one disparaging thing to say about the Falcons, Georgians, or the State of Georgia. Other than I'm not overly fond of peaches. Canned, in heavy syrup, they're great. Fresh, with all that fuzz all over them, yuck.

See you guys in the playoffs next year (assuming we have a season next year).

Shockwave

I know you're being respectful, but honestly, a Packers fan explaining the pain of losing to an Atlanta fan does make me chuckle.

Since 1966, Green Bay has won three championships (66, 67, 97).

Since 1966, Atlanta has won one championship (1995 - Braves).

Difference? We had baseball, basketball, and two hockey teams to go along with football.

1 championship out of a total of 154 seasons for Atlanta.

And we do remember the Packers losing to the Broncos in 1997, failing to get back-to-back Super Bowls.

We met the Broncos the following year, and gave them their back-to-back Super Bowls.