Dunta is a SOLID cornerback!

Falcon918

If you are looking for a cornerback that wont give a catch, miss a tackle, and/or catch everything thrown at them you wont find one. It is a team effort. The less time given to throw the better the secondary. How do you rate the Steelers corners? They are not considered great but they are solid. Why? Consistent pressure on the QB thats why. So please stop all the D-Rob hate because there is not a lot of Cornerbacks that play the pass and run well. If you dont agree please tell me what you expect of a cornerback?

They should let him single cover the opponents #2 and roll the rest of the coverage to their #1. Maybe then Atlanta could free up a blitzer or 2.

That sounds like a good idea. Only our CBs dont switch sides. This makes it easy to pick on a CB just like they did to owens in the GB game. Everytime we blitzed they threw at Owens.

If you are looking for a cornerback that wont give a catch, miss a tackle, and/or catch everything thrown at them you wont find one. It is a team effort. The less time given to throw the better the secondary. How do you rate the Steelers corners? They are not considered great but they are solid. Why? Consistent pressure on the QB thats why. So please stop all the D-Rob hate because there is not a lot of Cornerbacks that play the pass and run well. If you dont agree please tell me what you expect of a cornerback?

Dunta Robinson is the human cushion. All he knows how to do is tackle the guy after a pass reception. He is not a good NFL corner. Sorry to burst your bubble

hes overrated (maybe not anymore) and overpaid. Thats only because he was thought of as a very good cornerback and got paid like an elite cornerback.

Nonetheless, i agree he is SOLID. if he was paid next to nothing like grimes, i dont think people wouild be complaining about him AT ALL.

he doesnt suck, hes just not as good as he was labeled and paid

With that said, hes playing in a different defense right now, we should expect a better season from him next year

honestly besides NB I really like our DBs.

we need a DE bad. Beirmann is not a starting caliber LE IMO. He should spell Abe at RE.

we got little pressure on Rodgers

when we did it was a LB or DB

when they got in, they missed the sack

Abe has 1/2 the teams sacks.

they can remove him from the game and single Biermann (most of his sacks game from being unblocked, or blocked by a RB)

I would love to get either Charles Johnson or Mathias Kiwanuka. Then draft a WR or OL in round 1.

A CORNERBACK WHO'S NOT ON HIGHLIGHT TAPES FOR RECEIVERS! AND A CORNERBACK WHO CAN RECOGNIZE ROUTE PATTERNS AND ACT ON THEM! oh hey! Brent grimes is the perfect example of cornerbacks this team needs.

I agree he is solid, but he's being paid like a great to elite corner. Not here to hate, but since this does have an implication on the salary cap one would hope to get more in return. Maybe it's all BVG and the system, maybe it's all on the lack of a pass rush as both have been suggested, but he is being paid BIG TIME MONEY, and i would like to see a BIG TIME PLAY from time to time..

I will agree with this. Without an effective pass rush, corners get exposed.

UNTIL we get an effective pass rush, our secondary is going to get beat.

I dunno, My bucs had one of the worst pass rushing D in the league and yet Talib and biggers still had ball hawking seasons...

IM not sold on Robinson, and never really have been. Y'all need to cut him and spend that money on that fish from the raiders.

Dunta Robinson is the human cushion. All he knows how to do is tackle the guy after a pass reception. He is not a good NFL corner. Sorry to burst your bubble

No ****** Dunta is a press corner by nature its the sorry pass rush and the stupid Defensive play calling. You think he wants to give cushion, when hes better at press coverage.

Tell you what, even though we dont pay his salary, if he gave blank back at least half of his overrall contract to make the team better and sign a big time free agent or two to bolster the defense, i will root for this guy. If BVG is our DC next year, we will get the same type of play out of him as we did this year. We dont play man up, so he will not get many int's.

hes overrated (maybe not anymore) and overpaid. Thats only because he was thought of as a very good cornerback and got paid like an elite cornerback.

Nonetheless, i agree he is SOLID. if he was paid next to nothing like grimes, i dont think people wouild be complaining about him AT ALL.

he doesnt suck, hes just not as good as he was labeled and paid

With that said, hes playing in a different defense right now, we should expect a better season from him next year

You summed it up very nicely ......... boy, we gonna have to come off the hip for Grimes, he's RFA .....Dunta should cut him a check to help us out LOL ...

Tell you what, even though we dont pay his salary, if he gave blank back at least half of his overrall contract to make the team better and sign a big time free agent or two to bolster the defense, i will root for this guy. If BVG is our DC next year, we will get the same type of play out of him as we did this year. We dont play man up, so he will not get many int's.

Yeah, but most INTs are not made in man coverage, including Dunta's. I mean...back when he use to make some interceptions, they were usually in zone.

Yeah, but most INTs are not made in man coverage, including Dunta's. I mean...back when he use to make some interceptions, they were usually in zone.

most pass breakups are made in man coverage which i dont remember him having too many of. Corners are paid to make plays and shut down recievers. Not to be a solid tackler as people say is his best aspect. No im not sayin he should have 10 int's every year, but at least have some pass breakups, or create some offensive pass interference calls, or something.

most pass breakups are made in man coverage which i dont remember him having too many of. Corners are paid to make plays and shut down recievers. Not to be a solid tackler as people say is his best aspect. No im not sayin he should have 10 int's every year, but at least have some pass breakups, or create some offensive pass interference calls, or something.

He didnt really give up many big plays though ........

He actually had a better year than I thought he might. He did get lucky a few times with Devery Henderson dropping two big plays and Massaqoi barely missing having his feet in.

He is what he is and the Falcons are married to him, so no point in me complaining about it for a few years, becuase it's not like the Falcons could undo it.

Besides, the alternative at this point is Chris Owens.

He actually had a better year than I thought he might. He did get lucky a few times with Devery Henderson dropping two big plays and Massaqoi barely missing having his feet in.

He is what he is and the Falcons are married to him, so no point in me complaining about it for a few years, becuase it's not like the Falcons could undo it.

Besides, the alternative at this point is Chris Owens.

oh wow, thanks for reminding me...GO DUNTA!!!!!

honestly besides NB I really like our DBs.

we need a DE bad. Beirmann is not a starting caliber LE IMO. He should spell Abe at RE.

we got little pressure on Rodgers

when we did it was a LB or DB

when they got in, they missed the sack

Abe has 1/2 the teams sacks.

they can remove him from the game and single Biermann (most of his sacks game from being unblocked, or blocked by a RB)

I would love to get either Charles Johnson or Mathias Kiwanuka. Then draft a WR or OL in round 1.

I completely agree, I love Kroy, but I think if we could get one lights out pass rusher across from Abe, this secondary/defense instantly gets a lot better.

They should let him single cover the opponents #2 and roll the rest of the coverage to their #1. Maybe then Atlanta could free up a blitzer or 2.

I think we just need another pass rusher...

The other night Dunta got beat by Green Bay's number 4. He's just not that kind of CB.

when was this and who was this ? .. I hope you are not talking about Jordie Nelson TD (The play Rodgers had ALLLL day in the pocket) ...

The guy was asked to play man coverage on Reggie Wayne and did a great job....

I think he could do it.. The problem is.. Thats just not our scheme... then if we change our scheme to press coverage... you are taking away from what Grimes do

Our CB play on the outside by Grimes and Robinson is good... They will only get better.... We need a more consistent pass rush....

I completely agree, I love Kroy, but I think if we could get one lights out pass rusher across from Abe, this secondary/defense instantly gets a lot better.

The starting secondary is solid, but the depth at CB is lacking. S is okay with Coleman was as a swing 3rd safety.

Owens obviously is not quite there, or may/may not be that guy to be the 4th CB. The loss of Brian Williams hurt more than it should have, but I think Owens is certainly talented. The question is whether or not he'll get the mental side of the game(and gain confidence).

IMO,

Atlanta needs:

LE(a real pocket collapsing power rusher)

CB depth(and future starter to push Grimes and/or replace Robinson as Dunta gets older)

Play-making OLB(not sure how Nicholas and Weatherspoon project but we will lose Peterson eventually)

IMO, DT is solid but could use a mid-round pick, otherwise defense is solid, perhaps look at a Safety if he's a stud.

Then turn to the offense, we need a north-south threat at WR that can play the #2 or the slot and we need Norwood to step up/replace him with a speedster at RB as a true change of pace guy.

Otherwise, look for future help at TE and LT/OG help.