Do we lack talent at most positions?

I just heard on the radio that Mark Sanchez is much better than Flacco and Ryan.

Then I thought about the talent surrounding Sanchez and Ryan.

- The Jets O-line blows the Falcons O-line out of the water.

- I think White is a little better than Edwards, but the combination of Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery blows away White, Jenkins, and HD.

- Like the WR corp, Turner is the best RB among the teams, but I think LT and Greene are better than Turner and Snelling.

- Dustin Keller is better than TG.

- Don't even get me started on the defense.

I feel Smith did a great job with this team. I don't think we have a lot of great player talent on this team.

I just heard on the radio that Mark Sanchez is much better than Flacco and Ryan.

- I think White is a little better than Edwards, but the combination of Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery blows away White, Jenkins, and HD.

- Like the WR corp, Turner is the best RB among the teams, but I think LT and Greene are better than Turner and Snelling.

I feel Smith did a great job with this team. I don't think we have a lot of great player talent on this team.

What radio station were you listening to? If it were Colin, he was saying he would TAKE Ryan and Rodgers over him

It's not like Sanchez went out and went one-man band against the Pats. At the end of the day, when your defense gives you the ball back every time the other team's offense sees the field, it's a lot easier to get production.

I wouldn't trade Matt Ryan for Mark Sanchez straight up. No way in ****.

The Jets have 7 first round draft picks and 4 top 5 picks on their offense. Don't think it is a fair comparison.

Sanchez is way better than I thought he would be though.

DID YOU KNOW......Mark Sanchez will have more road playoff wins than any QB in history if he wins this Sunday.

I can hear the collective "No freaking way, that can't be true" from the readers.

But it is.

The Jets have 7 first round draft picks and 4 top 5 picks on their offense. Don't think it is a fair comparison.

DID YOU KNOW......Mark Sanchez will have more road playoff wins than any QB in history if he wins this Sunday.

I can hear the collective "No freaking way, that can't be true" from the readers.

But it is.

Yeah I know that. The Jets are built the same way we are but with better personnel. Thats what we are trying to be. Their offense is better than ours and have a better passing attack than ours..

But it is.

And if we had a top 3 defense we would have a superbowl this year. Dont give all the credit to the QB that what tthe pundits do. In the locker room I bet its we won these road games.

Great post man .......... I agree we played over our heads most of the year ....it will be interesting to see how aggressive Mr. Blank is to infuse some more talent ....he wants to win.....but I guess the CBA needs to be addressed before ANYTHING can happen .......

They also have a lot of outcasts/trouble makers: Edwards, Holmes, Taylor, LT, Cromartie (sp?). I'm wondering if Rex Ryan plus veteran leadership (like Bart Scott), has straightened out some of those players.

As dangerous as it sounds, I'm wondering if it's time for the Falcons to pick up a troubled player. I think our locker room is strong enough.

They also have a lot of outcasts/trouble makers: Edwards, Holmes, Taylor, LT, Cromartie (sp?). I'm wondering if Rex Ryan plus veteran leadership (like Bart Scott), has straightened out some of those players.

As dangerous as it sounds, I'm wondering if it's time for the Falcons to pick up a troubled player. I think our locker room is strong enough.

That pickup of Santonio Holmes is looking pretty brilliant.

Mark Sanchez is free to attack because the Jets have a good defense. Atlanta hamstrings it's offense by making them play an ultra cautious, ball control, low turnover, high time of possession style to protect the weak defense.

+1 Exactly. And when our offense fails to get off to a good start and build a lead it gets ugly QUICK.

The offense lacks quick-scoring, big-play ability, and at least part of it is the offensive scheme. Maybe if earlier in the year, when we had 10-14 point leads, if we actually kept pushing instead of going into ultra-conservative run-run-short pass mode, this young team would have more experience and confidence in those situations.

I'd say we are close to, if not better than, the Jets' talent level in these categories:

-the combination of Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery blows away White, Jenkins, and HD.

NYJ - 146 receptions, 2083 receiving yards, 11 receiving TDs

ATL - 183 receptions, 2188 receiving yards, 13 receiving TDs

- I think LT and Greene are better than Turner and Snelling.

NYJ - 404 carries, 1680 rush yards, 8 rush TDs, 68 receptions, 488 receiving yards, 0 TDs

ATL - 421 carries, 1695 rush yards, 14 rush TDs, 56 receptions, 388 receiving yards, 3 TDs

Keller - 55 receptions, 687 receiving yards, 5 TDs

TonyG - 70 receptions, 656 receiving yards, 6 TDs.

We may not be more talented but we are definitely more productive. Check the offensive stats. This year and the last three years. Check the Pro Bowlers.

We just need to have a more balanced passing attack. Like Manning, Brees and Brady. Instead of throwing to four players, throw to six. And do what it takes to complete deep passes (block, read, set feet, deliver good ball, run good route, catch ball).

Defense is a totally different story.

Still, don't you think that virtually every position on the Jets offense is better than the Falcons?

**** no. Roddy is twice the WR that Edwards is. Gonzo>>>Keller. Ovie>>>>their FB. Turner and Snelling>> Greene and LT. Ryan>>>> Sanchez. Their offensive line is better but that's where it ends. Their defense is much better but we knew that already.