Comparing Ryan's Play-Off Wins With Other QBs

...in their first three years as starters.

Matt Ryan 0-2

Peyton Manning 0-2

John Elway 0-1

Troy Aikman 0-1

Phil Simms 0-0

Joe Theisman 0-0

And what does 0-4 combined mean to those guys in their first three years as starters? Only 9 Super Bowl trophies between them. Patience.

Agreed, and +1 for the facts. This one stings, due to high hopes for this season, but I have not completely lost faith as some notorioiusly reactionary posters have. We need to reload, and stop being ok with just OK players, and start going after more than one name FA in order to turn this around. Not saying we need to go the way of the 'Skins, but we definitely need to address CB and DE in FA. Get the speed WR in the draft.

What's your point? I'm sure the "experts" here can list a bunch of 0 and something in-their-first-three-year quarterbacks that never amounted to anything and a bunch of something and 0 in-their-first-three-year quarterbacks that won it all.

Well since you know it all and joined just today to prove it to everyone then I guess I have nothing to prove to you. And for that matter I could care less.

Have a nice day.

Can u compare him to more ppl of his era??? like Flacco, Sanchez,Rodgers!!!!!! those guys have about 2+ playoff wins.. Ice man has none!! didnt do enough in both of his playoff games... :(

Sure - but those guys you mentioned have ZERO Super Bowl rings. What's more important? Play-Off wins or Super Bowl wins?

...in their first three years as starters.

Matt Ryan 0-2

Peyton Manning 0-2

John Elway 0-1

Troy Aikman 0-1

Phil Simms 0-0

Joe Theisman 0-0

And what does 0-4 combined mean to those guys in their first three years as starters? Only 9 Super Bowl trophies between them. Patience.

Thanks for posting this. This just goes to show that even some of the greatest QB's of all-time didn't have instant playoff success.

The playoff wins will come for Matt and the Falcons.

Edited by GridironFalcon

That's what I was trying to point out before he bacame so rude. Anybody can "cherry pick" some statistics and "prove" something. To actually prove a point with statistics, you have to include all pertinent facts. Go back to what might be considered the start of the present day NFL era, maybe to 1980 and then list ALL the results of all quarterbacks that played in playoffs their first three seasons and include people like Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning and so forth, and THEN draw comparisons. What he did was meaningless.

Exactly.. The playoff wins will come with time.

But here's to my dude Sanchez and the Jets bringing home the trophy this year!

No playoff wins dont come with time either. Vick won one his first season as our starter. Ryan been surrounded with more weapons and better coach than what Vick had when he was here and he still cant win ONE and this was his 3rd season. If Vick wouldve came back to the dome to play us the fans wouldnt have left before the game ended like they did with Ryan lol even though he probably wouldve murdered us.

No playoff wins dont come with time either. Vick won one his first season as our starter. Ryan been surrounded with more weapons and better coach than what Vick had when he was here and he still cant win ONE and this was his 3rd season. If Vick wouldve came back to the dome to play us the fans wouldnt have left before the game ended like they did with Ryan lol even though he probably wouldve murdered us.

Just shut up. Our defense forced 5 turnovers from Green Bay and held them to 7 points in their house. Vick had less total yards in that game than Ryan put up in either of his playoff games, and only 1 touchdown.

You're a ******* clown.

Who brought up Vick here? Oh, and how many Super Bowls does he have? Last I checked it was the same amount as a 3rd year Matt Ryan.

ok, but u cant win the super bowl at the end of the regular season, u need playoff wins to get there. so playoff wins are important

I am comparing their first three years as starters to Ryan's first three years - they had no play-off wins either but eventually they claimed the ultimate prize. Everyone needs to be patient.

How is his point moot? How many rings do either of those guys have?

You have to @ least win playoff games to get 2 a SB. Thts y. Vick went 2 a conference champ. Flacco went to a conf. Champ(rookie yr no less) n Sanchez is in 2 in his 1st 2 yrs. They may not have rings but they garner mo respect cuz they @ least won a post season game, Matty Puddles is a joke right now.

Also, just saying, I didn't realize it was Matt Ryan who was responsible for GB not having to punt all game.

Matt's pick six was the worst coaching decision in playoff history. The decision should never have been made to run a play with ten seconds left and no timeouts against a top notch secondary that knows where the ball is going. Yes, Matt should have thrown it away the second the ball was snapped; that would have been an elite QB thing to do: Know that a play is doomed from before it was called. But a FG there and one less TD by the Pack would have still made the game 41-24. The defense couldn't stop anything.

You have to @ least win playoff games to get 2 a SB. Thts y. Vick went 2 a conference champ. Flacco went to a conf. Champ(rookie yr no less) n Sanchez is in 2 in his 1st 2 yrs. They may not have rings but they garner mo respect cuz they @ least won a post season game, Matty Puddles is a joke right now.

I guess he should have been like Dan Marino then. Go to the Super Bowl his rookie year, lose, and never go back. ...but at least Dan Marino is respected as one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL.