Re-sign

Stephen Nicholas, LB

Michael Koenen, P

Justin Blalock, OG

Tyson Clabo, OT

Brent Grimes, CB

Matt Bryant, K

Jason Snelling, RB

Jerious Norwood, RB (1 year deal, let him compete in training camp)

Release

Mike Peterson, OLB

Brian Finneran, WR (signed to coaching staff)

Coy Wire, OLB

Brian Williams, CB

Harvey Dahl, OG

Tony Gonzalez, TE (I'm making the assumption that he retires)

Free Agency

Manny Lawson, OLB, from 49's - dude is 6-5, 240lbs and runs a 4.4 forty. He is playing in a 3-4 and is a former college DE, but he excels in coverage and at stopping the run, but is not great at rushing the passer. To me, he seems a much more natural fit at OLB in a 4-3, and I know a number of 49's fans who agree.

Richard Marshall, CB, from Carolina, as a cheaper option than Aso and Bailey, and would be great if used in a similar role to Charles Woodson. He is a very good tackler, has great speed and is a good blitzer.

Zach Miller, TE, from Oakland. Would be the successor to Tony G. He is one of the best all round TE's in the game and he's only 25.

This seems quite unrealistic, and I doubt it happens, but their contracts can be offset with that of the departing Mike Peterson, Brian Williams and TG.

Draft

1. Aldon Smith, DE, Mizzou

Great talent with good size, speed and pass rushing moves. He has the frame to put on between 10 and 20lbs, and could play either LE or RE in our system. He is still a bit raw, but could impact similar to what JPP did this year with the Giants

2. Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech

Ryan Williams could be our 3rd down speed back, but unlike some of the other prospects in this draft, he can also carry the load, and could be the long term replacement to Turner.

3. Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy

I think he falls a bit due to a stacked WR class, but I also compare him to Jacoby Ford last year who fell to the 4th. He has great speed and runs great routes. He would give us some explosion of offense that we are currently lacking.

4. Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon

Versatile leader who would fit in well in our corps. Is very instinctive, great in coverage and rushing the passer. Has 72 tackles, 3 sacks and 3 INT's on the year.

5. Butch Lewis, OL, USC

6-5, 300lbs. Very athletic and versatile - has played almost every position on USC's line. Has great upside and could be groomed to play LT. Worst case scenario, he provides great cover as a backup.

6. Mario Harvey, LB, Marshall

A real thumper, Mario Harvey has 142 tackles, 16.5 TFL and 7.5 sacks in 2010. He is also a great athlete and a beast on ST. With Mike P, Coy Wire and Stephen Nicholas all free agents 2011, we could be looking to draft 2 LB's.

7. Lee Smith, TE, Marshall

Lee Smith is one of the best all round TE's in this class. At 6-6, and nearly 270 lb's, he is a great inline blocker, but he is also pretty athletic, and has some of the softest hands at the TE spot. I think we've been missing a blocking TE in our system since Hartstock.

7. Mario Addison, DE, Troy

A diamond in the rough. 6-3, 255lbs with 4.6 speed. He finished the season with 11 sacks and 15.5 TFL. Comes from a school with great tradition of producing NFL pass rushers.

7. Justin Rodgers, CB, Richmond

Great ball skills with over 12 INT's in the last 3 years - 7 as a sophomore with 2 returned for TD's, now teams completely avoid his side. Doubles up as a great kick returner - just broke the CAA Football all-time record for kick return yards (2,561) which was previously held by Villanova's Brian Westbrook (2,433).

UDFA

Aldrick Robinson, WR, SMU

Kris Adams, WR, UTEP

Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama

Tim Barnes, C/G, Mizzou

Don't like it, no real WR Across from White, Jerningan is a Slot guy. We need someone who can take a double team off Roddy, Jerningan won't do it.

Also Weems is already great for us returning.

Offense wasn't the problem against Green Bay, pressure and coverage was. Defensive end is without a doubt our biggest need.

Jernigan, and Meier, will allow us to run 4 and 5 WR sets and open up defenses a bit more. He also offers us a home run threat that we don't currently have.

Offense wasn't the problem against Green Bay, pressure and coverage was. Defensive end is without a doubt our biggest need.

Jernigan, and Meier, will allow us to run 4 and 5 WR sets and open up defenses a bit more. He also offers us a home run threat that we don't currently have.

Your assuming Meier will still be on the team next year, he tore his ACL, he wasn't fast, now he's probably slower Weems already has a spot locked up at WR because he returns punts and kicks.

So we'd be looking at

White

Jenkins

Jerningan

Douglas

Weems

than maybe Meier.

Your assuming Meier will still be on the team next year, he tore his ACL, he wasn't fast, now he's probably slower Weems already has a spot locked up at WR because he returns punts and kicks.

So we'd be looking at

White

Jenkins

Jerningan

Douglas

Weems

than maybe Meier.

We can carry 6 receivers, especially considering Weems plays mainly on special teams.

Replace Lawson with Charles Johnson, and then take a WR in the first round, and I'd say it's great for an unrealistic mock.

We'd improve CB and DE in FA, which is good because we have a young defense. We'd get a TE to help TG, or take over for him.

In the draft we can get WR, RB, and then in the 3rd OLB.

I'd actually prefer a FA WR since they take so long to develop, and a TE in the draft, but it is a weak TE draft. I'd really like to see us pick up 3 legit free agents, but I doubt it. If we could, it would make a radical difference. But, even getting a big name (DE) and two mid tiers (CB to replace Williams, RB or WR) would make a big difference a swell.

Replace Lawson with Charles Johnson, and then take a WR in the first round, and I'd say it's great for an unrealistic mock.

We'd improve CB and DE in FA, which is good because we have a young defense. We'd get a TE to help TG, or take over for him.

In the draft we can get WR, RB, and then in the 3rd OLB.

I'd actually prefer a FA WR since they take so long to develop, and a TE in the draft, but it is a weak TE draft. I'd really like to see us pick up 3 legit free agents, but I doubt it. If we could, it would make a radical difference. But, even getting a big name (DE) and two mid tiers (CB to replace Williams, RB or WR) would make a big difference a swell.

this draft is SO deep at WR we don't need to draft one early...