Quit blaming the QB for the loss..!

Ranger 69

Every one seems to be blaming Matt Ryan for the loss. The MAIN reason that we lost is because the defense couldn't stop the Packers, period..!!!

After the Packer's first possession (where the ball was stripped) they scored a TD EVERY time that they touched the ball until late in the 4th qtr.

The Packers never had to punt the entire game..!

They didn't even have a 4th down situation until late into the 4th qtr and then they were close enough to try a FG..!

To make matters even worse was the fact that each TD was the result of a long time consuming drive. That put the Falcons behind by multi scores with limited time, which made them one dimensional against one of the best defenses in the NFL..!

No QB in the NFL is going to thrive in that situation..!!!

So, lay off Matt Ryan..! Just like all wins are team wins. This loss was a TEAM loss..!

The Falcons will be back next year and they will be even better.

The will learn from this and move forward. And I will still love and root for them..!!!

It was the whole team. The whole team didn't show up, and neither did the coaches. Everyrone contributed to the loss.

Missed tackles, blown coverages, bag throws, drops, awful pass rush. You name it.

The only positive light was special teams.

It was a team loss, and adjustments NEED to be made.

It was the whole team. The whole team didn't show up, and neither did the coaches. Everyrone contributed to the loss.

Missed tackles, blown coverages, bag throws, drops, awful pass rush. You name it.

Agree. In defense of Ryan, the Packers brilliantly gameplanned him and just took away the playaction pass.

Yes, it was a TEAM loss. However, the biggest single factor in that loss was the inability to stop the Packers. Every thing that you mentioned was a contributing factor but the defense was the main problem. JMHO

All I'm saying is quit putting all of the blame on the QB.

Yes, it was a TEAM loss. However, the biggest single factor in that loss was the inability to stop the Packers. Every thing that you mentioned was a contributing factor but the defense was the main problem. JMHO

All I'm saying is quit putting all of the blame on the QB.

I do agree. It was a team loss, however I will put more of the blame on the defense. They couldn't stop a practice squad on Saturday.

Ryan turned the ball over 3 times, looked scared, played scared, and did not lead this team. He crumbles under real big boy pressure like the playoffs.

The defense didn't help but Ryan is directly responsible for not his horrific play. Noodle arm is so far from elite it's not even funny, unless he has Turner killing people the guy is horrible.

All those little hook routes won't win you games, the reason MM won't "open up" the offense is because Ryan is not capable of opening up, he plays soft and scared.

It's sad that we wasted a top draft pick on this loser.

ghost, hopefully this is not the case - but time will tell eventually - guys - Ryan did play poorly even when he had time - please this cycle of race issue **** is so ignorant on both sides the parity is so obvious so dont get baited into it - but constructive criticism is not bad, I promise u Ryan probably is taking a good bit of blame for that loss and Im sure he will spend much time trying to improve it - as to whether he lacks the athletic ability to go with his obviously pretty good overall decision making time will tell and next year will be that time.

Every one seems to be blaming Matt Ryan for the loss. The MAIN reason that we lost is because the defense couldn't stop the Packers, period..!!!

After the Packer's first possession (where the ball was stripped) they scored a TD EVERY time that they touched the ball until late in the 4th qtr.

They didn't even have a 4th down situation until late into the 4th qtr and then they were close enough to try a FG..!

To make matters even worse was the fact that each TD was the result of a long time consuming drive. That put the Falcons behind by multi scores with limited time, which made them one dimensional against one of the best defenses in the NFL..!

So, lay off Matt Ryan..! Just like all wins are team wins. This loss was a TEAM loss..!

The will learn from this and move forward. And I will still love and root for them..!!!

Well said!! Go FALCONS!!

Whole team stunk it up including coaches and coordinators. I'm still baffled by the call to end the half. At least roll out to Ryan's strong side if you are going to roll him out or maybe that makes too much sense...

I wasn't baffled, I actually saw it coming. And so did Capers and Williams.

I am SO SICK of that play.

Whole team stunk it up including coaches and coordinators. I'm still baffled by the call to end the half. At least roll out to Ryan's strong side if you are going to roll him out or maybe that makes too much sense...

Or maybe because it was so effective against the Ravens and Saints earlier on in the season and resulted in last minute scoring drives they decided to try it again! Hind sight is always 20-20

The Defense was terrible but on this big stage, Matt Ryan had to play the game of his life and RISE UP like other great QB's to live up to his "Matty Ice" moniker. Unfortunately he played poorly and made some terrible decisions. He could've kept the Falcons in the game by going toe to toe with Aaron. On the other hand you saw Aaron Rodgers step up and play nearly flawless football, when there was pressure in his face he would avoid the sack and throw the ball on a rope while on the run. I love Matt Ryan as much as anyone else but he definitely was part of the reason for the loss.

Or maybe because it was so effective against the Ravens and Saints earlier on in the season and resulted in last minute scoring drives they decided to try it again! Hind sight is always 20-20

soo why roll him out where he has to throw across his body? Why not to other side where a bad throw most likely takes the ball out of bounce and not into the defender's hands

The single greatest reason the defense couldn't get off the field is simple: missed tackles.

They missed 5 or 6 sacks on Rodgers that they should have made.

All they had to do was WRAP UP.

This asinine belief that it's solely BVG's fault for the defensive performance is ridiculous.

Someone needs to remind the defense about fundamental tackling.

Maybe if the Falcons had Aaron Rodgers instead of Matt Ryan, they could have scored a TD every time. :P

THE QB is the glory position of ALL the major sports in America. Like it or not, the QB is the face of the franchise and usually the highest paid player on the roster. They get too much of the credit and too much of the blame. If Matt had 300 yards and 3 tds his name would be all over the place. He had a bad game and has been horrid for his two playoff games thus far. He is gonna get **** for a minute then things will settle down. He is a big boy, im guessing he is not reading message boards right now