g. Matty Ice. Time to retire the name.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/16/nfl-divisional-playoffs/4.html

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exactly the team I thought they were, bunch of lucky wins in close games and when it matters most Matty Melts. Not surprised. The BC Ryan showed up and will continue to the rest of his mediocre career. have fun with that soft little noodle arm for the next 10 years. :lol::lol:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/16/nfl-divisional-playoffs/4.html

Exactly the team I thought they were, bunch of lucky wins in close games and when it matters most Matty Melts. Not surprised. The BC Ryan showed up and will continue to the rest of his mediocre career. have fun with that soft little noodle arm for the next 10 years. :lol::lol:

Males that use that many emoticons in one post, have been having fun with soft little noodles for at least 10 years... and we're not talking arms here.

Exactly correct. Spot on! Matty Lice,,, :(

PK couldn't be more wrong..!!!

The QB wasn't the problem. It was the fact the the Falcons defense couldn't stop GB period..! The Packers didn't have to punt the entire game. They didn't even have a 4th down situation until late in the 4th qtr and then they were close enough to try a FG.

No QB in the NFL is going to thrive when the opponent scores a TD virtually every time they touch the ball. QBs always get too much credit and take too much blame for the outcome of football games.

PK couldn't be more wrong..!!!

The QB wasn't the problem. It was the fact the the Falcons defense couldn't stop GB period..! The Packers didn't have to punt the entire game. They didn't even have a 4th down situation until late in the 4th qtr and then they were close enough to try a FG.

No QB in the NFL is going to thrive when the opponent scores a TD virtually every time they touch the ball. QBs always get too much credit and take too much blame for the outcome of football games.

You are so right, those 3 TO's didn't help GB at all. The fact that he lead the offense to a whopping 106 yards in the first half highlights how great ryan was on Saturday night. The blame lies all with the defense. :lol:

Ryan played timid, scared, and all around awful. Only a homer is going to make excuses for that performance.

You are so right, those 3 TO's didn't help GB at all. The fact that he lead the offense to a whopping 106 yards in the first half highlights how great ryan was on Saturday night. The blame lies all with the defense. :lol:

Ryan played timid, scared, and all around awful. Only a homer is going to make excuses for that performance.

Yes, I am a homer and have been for the past 40yrs..!

All I am saying is that the QB shouldn't be the focal point for all of the blame in this loss. Yes, he did make mistakes. He had one of his worse games. Yes, he forced throws. He did so because he knew that if the Packers got the ball back they were going to score another TD. His mistakes were part of the problem. However, his performance was not the MAIN reason that the Falcons lost.

Edited by Ranger 69

please answer one question, what exactly is a lucky win? Jets won 5 games by 7 points or less...could have easily been 6-10.

Steelers won 5 games by 7 points... or less...could have easily been 7-9.

Bears won 7 games by 7 points or less...could have easily been 4-12.

Doesn't matter...we were good enough to move on, our guys just choked. i wonder why all season the falcons have been spotlighted as being a bad team when it's a "win is a win" league. i'm just saying that if you gonna point at one team point at them all.

NYJ and CHI won 7 by 7 or less. GB and PIT won 6 by 7 or... less. All four teams are still Super Bowl eligible.

Always hated the nickname "Matty Ice". That's the kind of nickname that needed to be earned by keeping cool under fire and let's face it, the real fire doesn't come til the playoffs and sudden death.

You know, I never liked the nickname either. I guess Iceman (which I think is cool) was taken. They could have gone with Mr. Freeze...Matty Ice just...eh.

I love Matt Ryan as our QB, I think he's gonna continue to get better. I don't really have a problem with people making statements like King did though. Even if he is a clown. Like you said, the real fire comes in the playoffs, etc.

Ryan did not play great, but he didn't do anything to make me believe he will not be able to win championships here.

That pick 6 he threw was a poor choice, but honestly, the play call was equally horrid, or moreso. There was nowhere to put that ball and no reason to run that particular play at that time.

Ghost of Donkey? Sounds like TB to me. Probably the former AlbinoDonkey from the 02 season. Rising from the dead like most vulture trolls.

Jigga Donkey, anybody!!??

Of Ryan's three TO's, the pick in the end zone was all on him. Late throw that would have been a TD if properly executed.

The PICK SIX is ALL on the coaching staff. That was the absolute worst decision they have made in their three years here; worse than any fourth quarter punt. It should never have been decided (Smith), never called (MM), never ran (Ryan), and even BVG should have warned Smitty about it's absolute certainty of failure.

Ryan did not play great, but he didn't do anything to make me believe he will not be able to win championships here.

That pick 6 he threw was a poor choice, but honestly, the play call was equally horrid, or moreso. There was nowhere to put that ball and no reason to run that particular play at that time.

The smartest play in that situation would have been if Matt rose up from the snap and threw the ball square between Mike Smith's eyes. Maybe that would have woken him up to the absolute certainty of failure of that call.