Sean McDermott for DC

How about firing BVG and replacing him with Sean McDermott? He seams to be a more aggresive coordinator. Plus, I think we have much more talented players on D then the Eagles. Any way, I just want a DC that can out smart an NFL OC, and it seams clear that BVG can't.

I'm guessing you haven't watched any eagles ball this year? The Eagles had the highest scoring offense in the leauge, so why do you think the eagles haven't been blowing ppl out? The Eagles have to score a ton of points every game because their defense is atrocious.

I've watched just about every Eagle game this year and he is horrific, going from BVG to him would be a huge downgrade. They had the worst red zone defense the NFL has seen in 22 years!!!!

Eagle fans are celebrating big time that he's gone, he is terrible.

PS: (this isn't directed at you)Why does every ignorant fan say get singletary, Singletary has never been a coordinater before. The thing that made singletary so woefully unprepared for a HCing job was that he had never even been a Coordinater before. Singletary was horrendous as a HC and only got it on his name. And yet fans still want despite never being a DC and getting terribly out coached.

I wouldn't mind Mora as a DC, he is a good defensive mind.

there is always Singletary, Jauron, Mangini.

You're kidding right. He of the "I don't mind empty passing yards philosophy". He is no more aggressive calling plays than BVG. Less even. He believes in the bend don't break defense also. I want someone who doesn't want to give up any yards for our DC. I want someone with the don't even bend philosophy.

I know the Eagles had troubles at D this year, but I believe it was because they have stiffs playing. I believe our players are way better than the Eagles D.

I just think he'd get more out of our players then BVG has. If they go in a different direction, I'm fine. As long as it's not staying with BVG. Our defense has to improve and it all starts with the DC putting the players in the best position to make the plays. Then, add a few more playmakers through draft and FA and they're right up there.

Every time any team sniffed the red zone this year against the Eagles, it was a TD.

BVG is a very good defensive coordinator, but he can't tackle people.

He tried everything last night. He tried bringing 3, 4, 5, 6, 7......the players have to tackle. He can't do that for them.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif he cant coach well either

Every time any team sniffed the red zone this year against the Eagles, it was a TD.

BVG is a very good defensive coordinator, but he can't tackle people.

He tried everything last night. He tried bringing 3, 4, 5, 6, 7......the players have to tackle. He can't do that for them.

BVG isn't nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. He could have made some better adjustments, on saturday but he isn't terrible. And yes the tackling is atrocious and that goes on the position coaches not on the DC, we missed like literally 6 sacks. I see no one out there who would be an upgrade.

Actually I'll put a name out there that no one else has mentioned or thought about.

If you want a new DC instead of a retread.

Kevin Greene ..... Current LB coach for the Packers. He played in both a 3-4 and a 4-3, and was phenomenal in both alignments.

He has turned Matthews, Hawk and a couple of no names into a formidable unit, and I think he could work wonders with our LB Corp in addition to playing an aggressive style of defense.

Greene was a Beast with both the Steelers and the Panthers during his playing days. Let's hire this guy and watch him turn us into a defense no one wants to play against.

BVG is fine. McDermont is terrible!

Mangini is one I wouldnt mind, but he is a 3-4 guy.

his players like him though, and he is a no nonsense guy.

And regarding Smith saying he wont make changes...you never know. A day or 2 before McDermont was fired Reid said he was not getting fired. But then again he lied about McNabb too.