STOP randomly picking people to fire

Falconcheff

Saturday night's loss was a nightmare for us all, but please stop randomly picking people to blame. EVERYBODY was to blame for that BS game...

Chris Owens was trashed everytime he stepped foot on the field. That's on TD, Smitty and BVG for not having a competent backup to a 30+ year old DB. It's also on Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers, who must have, at some time during the week, pinpointed that weakness as an easy exploitation. Good coaching on Pack part.

10 seconds left in half with no timeouts and you run a play!!?? Gee, what will it be; maybe a five-yard out route for a better kick!!?? That's on Smitty, MM, and Ryan. It's a play that should not have been called(MM), allowed to be called (Smitty), or executed (Ryan). Heck, I'll even pin that on BVG for not coming up to Smitty and saying, "Don't run that play. Even our defense would pick that. Just kick the FG now."

NO PACKER PUNTS ALL GAME LONG is on the entire defense from BVG to Abe (who got his hands on Rodgers more than twice and failed to bring him down) to DRob to OWENS. The LB corps actually played well; it is the only defensive unit that doesn't need major change. Owens21 needs to go; that kid flat out can't play.

Matt Ryan did not play well at all, and there's no defense for his INT in the end zone or his pick six, but he's still a keeper. I'd like to see him progress with a more aggressive OC.

That game was on the defense, on the coaches (ours AND THEIRS) and on Matt Ryan, but it was really the first game in a long time we couldn't compete. This team has given us a lot of great moments during the last three years, and this year we rose to the top of one of the most competitive divisions in the entire NFL. There are only two things I can say I'd like to see happen with surety at the moment, and those are cut Chris Owens and replace Mike Mularkey with Brian Billick. Maybe sign Champ Bailey and move Sugar Nips to Nickel CB where he will also eventually challenge for DRob's starting position.

But let's not throw all our babies out with the bathwater.

Oh yeah. If Rob Ryan is available from the Cleveland bloodletting, I'd probably replace BVG with him as well. But NOT as a knee-jerk reaction to Saturday's "practice" against GB; Ryan is just a better overall DC period, and I'm ALWAYS all for upgrading any position.

You may all thank me next year when we REALLY hoist the Lombardi! :D

Thanks for the rational discourse. Hopefully a) there will be a season next year and B) this loss will sting deep in every Falcons' coach and players psyche. A lot of Sat's loss was psychological - it's rare when the entire team is off kilter. Whether the ice storm was a distraction or they were looking ahead to the NFCCG they were not focused.

Thanks for the rational discourse. Hopefully a) there will be a season next year and B) this loss will sting deep in every Falcons' coach and players psyche. A lot of Sat's loss was psychological - it's rare when the entire team is off kilter. Whether the ice storm was a distraction or they were looking ahead to the NFCCG they were not focused.

well, this is basically the team and staff that has made us a winning franchise. Changed the culture of losing. Given us three winning seasons and two playoff appearances. I don't want to chuck all of that. But even the Patriots made some key staff changes during their dominant dynasty runs. The key is PROGRESS, because to stand pat in this league is akin to regression.