We've been seeing the same things throughout the season and especially during the Green Bay game. Receivers catching balls 3-5 yards right in front of Dunta Robinson. I still don't understand why Van Gorder refuses to allow him to play his strength which is press coverage. Zone obviously hasn't been working so why not play press?

keep telling yourself that, dunta is trash

+1..Dunta was a COLOSSAL bad move!!! What did he do in houston? Did ok as a rookie, blownout knee, does ok the following year...Houston is willing to let him go...AND DIMITROFF'S DUMB ARSE SIGNS HIM TO ONE OF THE RICHEST CB CONTRACTS IN NFL HISTORY!!! JESUS..Falcon fans...It's time we all........

WISE UP!!!!!

Hindsight is always 20-20...

We desperately needed a cornerback, and I think most people on here thought it was a good move, but had doubts about the size of the contract. It doesn't seem to be working out quite as we hoped, but I don't think you can be too critical of Dimitroff going out and getting arguably the best player available at the position we needed the most...

And if we didn't get Robinson, maybe we would have had Chris Owens at Cornerback all year. Think that one over!

Dunta is a good corner. He did not give up any big plays and that's what matters. Let them have the 5 yard slant.

My problem is scheme more than any given defensive player. If we can't get consistent pressure with a four man front. (which we can't) Our scheme will fail. We give teams the short passes, can't get to the QB and he finds his short man and now we're looking at 2nd and 3 or 4. IMO that has very little to do with any given player, corner or otherwise. When you're giving such a cushion, the short pass will always be open.

+1..Dunta was a COLOSSAL bad move!!! What did he do in houston? Did ok as a rookie, blownout knee, does ok the following year...Houston is willing to let him go...AND DIMITROFF'S DUMB ARSE SIGNS HIM TO ONE OF THE RICHEST CB CONTRACTS IN NFL HISTORY!!! JESUS..Falcon fans...It's time we all........

WISE UP!!!!!

thank up. this guy haven't had a pick in 3yrs. also he stole money when he signed :ph34r:

My wife is a Steelers fan and every year she gets upset when they lose players in FA. And every year another body steps in and looks like a star. A good defensive coordinator can help average players over achieve.

I agree with you.. We need somebody who can coach the dfense the right way. The players do what they are told to do.. Take for instance the NO game.. they had a different game plan and played off the chain even though we lost, but this past saturday we well you know...

Dunta is not a bad corner. We always seem to get man and press covers and continue to play zone. Dunta is very effective in man coverage, I've watched him during his years in Houston. Texans fans now are saying how stupid they were for letting him go. They have a bad FO though, and don't know how to evaluate their problems. We just need a more aggressive scheme, this soft zone sucks and good QB's feast on it.

Dunta is a good CB... He should feel more comfortable in our scheme next year...

I hear allot of ppl saying they want Nnamdi here... Coming from a press coverage team like Dunta did... He will need some adjustment time also.

Im not comparing Dunta to Aso... I'm just saying... Its not a... this piece just fits here... TD says Grimes knows the system better then anyone... Thats why he knows when to break on the ball because he has coverage over the top...

Dunta will shine more just because he feel comfortable in the system with the time.

Dunta had a good season... Next year should be even better.

I hear ppl saying we should play more press coverage... The problem is... We have 2 different type CB's starting...

Grimes is a Asante Samuel type CB... As a press CB ... You are taking away from what he does great(breaking on the ball and gambling) ... WR's will out muscle him... press coverage will get him beat

Dunta is a press CB... He likes to be physical with WR's and have his back to the QB.

I think it would be easier for a press CB to play some zone off man converge then it is for a off man coverage to play pure press coverage.

Like i said...Dunta was good this year.. He will be even better next year

Dunta is a good CB... He should feel more comfortable in our scheme next year...

I hear allot of ppl saying they want Nnamdi here... Coming from a press coverage team like Dunta did... He will need some adjustment time also.

Im not comparing Dunta to Aso... I'm just saying... Its not a... this piece just fits here... TD says Grimes knows the system better then anyone... Thats why he knows when to break on the ball because he has coverage over the top...

Dunta will shine more just because he feel comfortable in the system with the time.

Dunta had a good season... Next year should be even better.

I hear ppl saying we should play more press coverage... The problem is... We have 2 different type CB's starting...

Grimes is a Asante Samuel type CB... As a press CB ... You are taking away from what he does great(breaking on the ball and gambling) ... WR's will out muscle him... press coverage will get him beat

Dunta is a press CB... He likes to be physical with WR's and have his back to the QB.

I think it would be easier for a press CB to play some zone off man converge then it is for a off man coverage to play pure press coverage.

Like i said...Dunta was good this year.. He will be even better next year

IMHO....just put Dunta pressing the WR on the left and Grimes playing off on WR on the right. Do all this adjusting and scheming with the other 9 players. Why not? There was a time we put Deion on a WR and considered that done and worried about the other 10. Granted neither of these guys could hold Deions jock but just give them a man each and call it done. :angry:

A lot of you really need to go watch some more Chris Houston tapes if you think Dunta is bad or "marginally" better. The problem here has been the same for the last 4 or 5 years. Aside from Abe or a blitzing DB there is no pressure on the opposing QBs. If someone does finally get pressure they shoot their load and forget to tackle him. Kroy was a beast in the preseason, but nothing after that. Jerry is still recovering from knee surgery. Anderson is Anderson. Babs gets double teamed, and Abe makes a few plays every 3 games or so. When he does he makes them in bunches. Feast or famine though.

It's not BVG play-calling. Robinson is just not that good.

Was he an upgrade from what we had, YES, but marginally.

He has always been this kind of CB. Takes plays off, but can have high rewards.

Obviously, that did not happen this season.

What? Takes plays off? Quit using other people's words...specially when you are using them wrong. Corners cannot "take plays off". They do not. Receivers might. A marginal upgrade? I guess you didn't see Owens out there on saturday. Oh and BVG can't go out there and tackle the quarterback himself. The db's will be fine with another year for Owens to learn and hopefully Franks too. The line is where the problem lies. There wouldn't be so many holes in our secondary if we weren't having to blitz DBs everytime we need some pressure.