With the 27th pick in the draft, the Falcons select.......

Uga_dog1

We need an Ed Reed, Troy Polomalu type dude at safety; we need a Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis type dude at LB; and we also need a serious cornerback (a dude about 6'3", and fast) Antonio Cromartie type dude. If we had those three holes plugged in the defense they will be much better.

We also need to give Matt Ryan some additional targets to throw to - dependable targets who can catch the ball, and who are legitimate threats down the field; a Dez Bryant type dude. And keep Jerious Norwood; we really needed him Saturday night.

Aldon Smith, DE Missouri

J.J. Watt, DE Wisconsin

Torrey Smith, WR Maryland

Aaron Williams, CB Texas

Kyle Rudolph, TE Notre Dame

Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado

Justin Houston, DE UGA

Jon Baldwin, WR Pittsburgh

Anthony Costanzo, OT Boston College

Tyron Smith, OT USC

If we take a DE in FA that gives us an easier route to go in the weak class.

with that first pick. I think we have to consider moving up in the draft.

we need a guy who can impact the team immediately.

If we go defense, it would have to be a DE or OLB. Corner is a definate need but I think we can get a guy in FA for that role.

If we go offense, we need a WR or TE.

I think we wont overhaul the Oline. we have to get some guys re-signed though. 3 of the 5 Oline are FA.

THis draft will be very interesting. I think we need a RB to come in with break away speed...but that should be a 3rd round pick or so unless someone falls in the draft.

Our team was very good at everything at some point of the season. we are not in panic mode. I think we got out played by the best WR corp in the league. Period. We could have had at least 6 sacks in the game if we play a little more under control.

1st DE

2nd WR

3rd OLB

4th RB

Our offense is good, but not dynamic. When we get behind in games, we are in trouble. We don't have that dynamic offense to make a bigtime come back. That is why I think we need to get a receiver.

I know this is a draft thread but the receiver doesn't even need to come from the draft. It can come through FA. We need another bigtime weapon on the offense opposite Roddy.

Here are 3 guys I expect to go around where we're picking that I hope we're looking at.

LT

Anthony Castonzo

Nate Solder

WR

Torrey Smith

Castonzo will be gone before we pick, and Solder is worse than Baker at this point, the dude has no feet on him, and he gets abused by speed rushers.

Torrey Smith is really good, but I think Baldwin would be a better choice.

Honestly you guys want a DE to come in and make an impact, Rookie DE's rarely make Sack Impacts. at this point it'd be better to grab one through FA.

Edited by Zodiac

If he is there, Jonathan Baldwin. A lot of people think he will be there, and if he is passed up by us I think it would be a mistake.

Aside from that, I wouldn't mind Castonzo or Solder.

+1 on baldwin..Sounds like the rap on him is that hes not exactly a burner (probably will run a 4.48) but is a DOMINANT RECEIVER with great size and hands..SOUNDS A LOT LIKE SOMEONE WHO PLAYED FOR PITT WHO WASNT A BURNER YET WAS DOMINANT...LARRY FITZGERALD!! If we could some how get him in the 1st round, that would be a fiscally responsible move (would keep us from having to pay Fitz 9 mil a yr..), and we could focus our money on the defense!!!!

WISE UP!!

+1 on baldwin..Sounds like the rap on him is that hes not exactly a burner (probably will run a 4.48) but is a DOMINANT RECEIVER with great size and hands..SOUNDS A LOT LIKE SOMEONE WHO PLAYED FOR PITT WHO WASNT A BURNER YET WAS DOMINANT...LARRY FITZGERALD!! If we could some how get him in the 1st round, that would be a fiscally responsible move (would keep us from having to pay Fitz 9 mil a yr..), and we could focus our money on the defense!!!!

WISE UP!!

His Stat Line at Pitt Mirrors Fitzgerald's too.

I'd like to go DE in the first, but the position will likely break much the same as 2010, with the high value prospects going before our choice. I'd try to trade back to the early 2nd if we are going after Baldwin or Kyle Rudolph. One player I'd follow with interest is Greg Romeus. Lots of talent, but knee and back injuries will frighten teams away on days 1 and 2 of the draft.

I'd like to go DE in the first, but the position will likely break much the same as 2010, with the high value prospects going before our choice. I'd try to trade back to the early 2nd if we are going after Baldwin or Kyle Rudolph. One player I'd follow with interest is Greg Romeus. Lots of talent, but knee and back injuries will frighten teams away on days 1 and 2 of the draft.

Trust..Baldwin WILL NOT last past the first round! Honestly the only receiver with better hands in this draft is AJ. Yup his hands are 10X better than Julio Jones. Teams will see that on tape..Dudes goin in the 1st round and if we pass on another playmaker (ala Dez Bryant) I dont know what ill do..hopefully Dimitroff will WISE UP and stop taking these 1st round busts (BASED ON POSITIONAL NEED..busterson/samantha baker) AND GET PLAYMAKERS!!!

WISE UP!!!!