Smith.. Sky isnt falling

warrior5

Well it looks pretty d amn dark to me. Biggest let down in a while... Didnt look like they put any effort at all in game planning. I would have felt better if he would have came out and said dont worry fans changes are coming... Big changes, not just the sky aint falling crap. Maybe the "COMPLETE" game will come sometime in the near futuresleep.gif

....Right...Well, Smitty has earned the right to say that, and if we implode again next year, he will no longer have that right. He's got a lot of pull, and deservedly so, but pull gets used up fast in the NFL.

I cant put up with another year of having the best scouting/headcoach in the league with TD.. and an above average player base.. with the two biggest dumbass playcallers in the league calling the plays and losing us important games.

Another year of these idiots calling our plays will ruin the whole core of this team. One more year is 4 years too many.

....Right...Well, Smitty has earned the right to say that, and if we implode again next year, he will no longer have that right. He's got a lot of pull, and deservedly so, but pull gets used up fast in the NFL.

What gets me in the interview is when he emphasizes "Last night" he puts extra effort into saying and keeps repeating "Last night" the packers were the better team

I thought last night was the only night that counted?

Doesnt matter if some weeks ago we were the better team, doesnt matter if tonight we are the better team

Last night was the only night that counted Mike Smith......

What gets me in the interview is when he emphasizes "Last night" he puts extra effort into saying and keeps repeating "Last night" the packers were the better team

I thought last night was the only night that counted?

Doesnt matter if some weeks ago we were the better team, doesnt matter if tonight we are the better team

Last night was the only night that counted Mike Smith......

Yeah. I totally agree.

"We were 13 and 3."

Thanks, Mike. We didn't know that. It's irrelevant from a fans perspective. 3rd and 4th place suck!

Well it looks pretty d amn dark to me. Biggest let down in a while... Didnt look like they put any effort at all in game planning. I would have felt better if he would have came out and said dont worry fans changes are coming... Big changes, not just the sky aint falling crap. Maybe the "COMPLETE" game will come sometime in the near futuresleep.gif

An extreme let down to the fans ... After having a two week break to plan and scheme, the falcons (coaches, offense, defense ) came out with a showing that totally belittled the faith in them. Dont get me wrong... it not that they lost.. but how they lost. On offense we had so many blunders, no creativity in our schemes, our drop and missed chances by so many players. Defense was a no show...all that touting about sacks, pass rushing .. they could not even get the qb down and he went to make a great pass. On the offense coaching/schemes, there was not one creative play when the situation warranted and we were down by a doz. It felt surreal...is it the same falcon team ? the 1st in NFC ?? We play all the season games just to come the post season ... and when we arrive there ..we just crumble. It just shows the application, resolve and skill of the team..

As the HC he shouldn't go into the sky if falling mode...at least not publicly.

However, behind closed doors Smitty, TD, & Mr. Blank need to make note of what took place last night and not disregard it as a "just not our night" moment. The performance of this team spoke to some major issues for a number of reasons (it being the biggest game our team has seen since '04) and if the team gets an opportunity to be in those big spots again and falls flat on their faces...changes need to be made immediately.