Gonzo to retire?

I hope so. We can do better at that spot, IMO. Someone with speed would take a lot of pressure off Ryan.

In the long term yes but I'm not sure any rookie TE can be as productive as this guy is now. And we have so many other needs to concentrate on I hope he stays another year.

I like Gonzo.. GREAT hands, but that being said we do need to draft some one cause he is about to be done

Problem is, we needed to make that draft pick last year when there were several TE's to choose from. This year is one of the weakest TE drafts in history, even with the declared juniors. We're not finding a TG replacement in this draft.

Following the game, he raved about the team's core and guaranteed that the Falcons will be one of the NFL's glamour teams over the next five or six years.

"That's definitely going to weigh into my decision whether or not I come back," he said.

Jan. 16, 2011 12:23 a.m. - TE Tony Gonzalez will now begin contemplating whether he should retire or return for a 15th season. One deciding factor is if Atlanta can sustain winning at a high level. "I love the future of this team," Gonzalez said. "This is just the beginning of something great."

He'll be back. Someone with the desire to win isn't going to walk away after a loss like last night. We just need another TE to go with TG.

I don't think getting him was as big of a deal as many make it out to be. Yeah it's cool having a legend on your team with all sorts of records. But our offense regressed when he came in last year because we didn't know how to use a TE and Ryan forced things.

This year his impact wasn't much better. All he really does is run out 10 yards, turn around catch the ball, and get tackled. No YAC and no real speed anymore.

Lets see now: Gonzo comes to Atlanta and gets the same results if he had stayed in KC

Shockey comes to New Orleans and gets a Superbowl ring in a game he actually played in.

Maybe y'all can have Shockey as we have a very talented up and coming Rookie TE.

What is it with Saints fans living through their team? Yes, your team won a SB. You did not. WHen they shovel your decrepit, withered body into the ground, you will not have achieved anything worthwhile, and no one will mourn your passing. It will be like you never existed at all. Goodness, you saints bring out the worst in me.

What is it with Saints fans living through their team? Yes, your team won a SB. You did not. WHen they shovel your decrepit, withered body into the ground, you will not have achieved anything worthwhile, and no one will mourn your passing. It will be like you never existed at all. Goodness, you saints bring out the worst in me.

The only difference they make when they die is someone else gets the welfare check

I don't think getting him was as big of a deal as many make it out to be. Yeah it's cool having a legend on your team with all sorts of records. But our offense regressed when he came in last year because we didn't know how to use a TE and Ryan forced things.

This year his impact wasn't much better. All he really does is run out 10 yards, turn around catch the ball, and get tackled. No YAC and no real speed anymore.

I tend to agree with you, but not here. Gonzo has had a positive impact on this offense. Granted he had less impact towards the end of this season, to argue that he is the reason the offense has regressed (which is debatable) is fallacious.

The only difference they make when they die is someone else gets the welfare check

I live in Atlanta and take MARTA to work daily. Panhandlers ask me for money just about every day.

So cut the crap about NOLA panhandling, because Mylanta is the Queen of panhandling, Sugar Cookie.

No. That's not it. Gonzalez helped out BIG TIME in the redzone and on third downs. Yeah, Ryan forced it to him last year and very early on this year, but he hasn't done it since the beginning of the season. And no, Ryan's forcing to Gonzalez didn't make our offense regress last year. It was facing tougher defenses and losing Turner, Ryan, and half of the OL in various parts of the season.

Yeah, I agree about the fact of him getting minimal YAC and the speed part. Yes, I believe we're gonna have to get a TE of the future. If not in the draft, there are some good ones in FA.

Lets see now: Gonzo comes to Atlanta and gets the same results if he had stayed in KC

Shockey comes to New Orleans and gets a Superbowl ring in a game he actually played in.

Maybe y'all can have Shockey as we have a very talented up and coming Rookie TE.

Kinda surprised that a Saints fan would admit to the EpicFail they had in Seattle. At least you know you suck.

Following the game, he raved about the team's core and guaranteed that the Falcons will be one of the NFL's glamour teams over the next five or six years.

"That's definitely going to weigh into my decision whether or not I come back," he said.

Jan. 16, 2011 12:23 a.m. - TE Tony Gonzalez will now begin contemplating whether he should retire or return for a 15th season. One deciding factor is if Atlanta can sustain winning at a high level. "I love the future of this team," Gonzalez said. "This is just the beginning of something great."

He'll be back. Someone with the desire to win isn't going to walk away after a loss like last night. We just need another TE to go with TG.

I gotta agree that he'll be back. The look on his face during the game was on of absolute pain. It even looked like he was crying at one point. To end that careet without a playoff win, and with this terrible loss, would be tragic....

FYI its my user name commemorating your Failcons Home Field Advantage showing ... :D

The Falcons didn't make the playoffs last year and lost to the soon-to-be Super Bowl Champs. Most talking heads picked us to finish 3rd or 4th in the NFC South this season.

The Saints, defending Super Bowl Champs, lost to the only playoff team with a losing record in the 90 years of existence in NFL history. Not only did they lose, but they were outcoached and outperformed.

You probably need to reevaluate which team failed to live up to expectations and which was truly the epic fail.