The one off season move that I believe would improve our D

ghoticov

I personally think the best thing we could do is add a true shut down corner like Nnamdi. If we could pull it off, our secondary would be stacked. With Nnamdi on one side and Grimes/Robinson on the other (with the other being in the nickel), we could press more and not give the opposing team such open targets coming off the line. Teams killed us all season throwing quick passes to the outside.

I believe our Safeties will be good next year, our LB's are good and our DL is good. I believe Kroy will continue to develop and we have Sidbury (hopefully he develops over the off season also). Our CB's are and have been our weak link, so adding a true shut down corner to one side improves our D dramatically.

I doubt it happens because of the money that we spent on Robinson but look at who the Jets and Bears brought it and how much they helped their team.

One can dream, right?

I did. But BVG isn't a press coverage kind of guy. He is playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

I disagree. BVG is playing with the talent that we have. Our corners are too small to play press coverage... that's why they don't do it. Why would they? They would get burned.

With Nnamdi, they could put Grimes in the slot and then let the other guys play press. The LB's can help Grimes with the middle. I personally believe Robinson would be better in press. He did a little of it this year and I thought he did well. But over all, the other CB's are too small, they would get pushed around.

I disagree. BVG is playing with the talent that we have. Our corners are too small to play press coverage... that's why they don't do it. Why would they? They would get burned.

With Nnamdi, they could put Grimes in the slot and then let the other guys play press. The LB's can help Grimes with the middle. I personally believe Robinson would be better in press. He did a little of it this year and I thought he did well. But over all, the other CB's are too small, they would get pushed around.

Robinson is a press corner but we rarely try it. Enough blaming the talent. We did for years under Zonatell.

Edited by Mojo Risin

Nice dream but it doesn't do any good to have the talent and play 10 yards off of the receivers.

I did. But BVG isn't a press coverage kind of guy. He is playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Robinson is a press corner but we rarely try it. Enough blaming the talent. We did for years under Zonatell.

this is such the sad truth.

I still believe we need to get D-line help. We absolutely,positively were unable to bring pressure up the middle. Off the corners we did great with pressure but poor tackling on the QB. We still need to find DT help which will help the rest of the D.

Great minds think alike ;)

see my thread right above this one

Even having Robinson and Scrabble at corner.....it does not do any good with out a pass rush.

Enter in Charles Johnson.

He is a guy who we can build our Dline around.

A better pass rush.....and better corner player= top 3 defense.

I couldn't agree more. If we could some how bring Johnson in, it would make a huge difference for our defense. We would finally get pressure with only 4 rushing.

I would love another pass rusher but I also think it's too early to give up on Jerry at DT. We know Babs is a monster but we need another DT to help... or a DE. I'll take either. I also think Kroy will take the next step next year as he continues to learn and gain strength.

Pass Rush was not the problem, for whatever reason, when Chris Owens has been on the field our pass D has been horrible. I think this lead to us blitzing more and taking chances. I know TD watching this game will go out and improve this Defense and offense to get us to the Super Bowl. If we can stay healthy next year, we will be back in the playoffs again.

Edited by bighurt

link?

I haven't heard this either but he has a connection to the area so it would kind of make sense. Would do us no good with this pass rush he can't cover the guy forever.

On another note small CBs can play press to say size forces us to play off is stupid. In fact being so small it makes sense we would want to push a little then turn and run with the receiver and keep the ball away from him instead of giving ground and allowing them to get the momentum necessary to break the tackle before the CB even makes it to the WR.

Pass rush is a problem. Everyone on here is on Kroy biermann's nuts. He sucks. He Doesn't get consistent pressure. That's what this team needs! Consistency. Kroy had one memorable play this whole year. OWENS!!! Drop him immediately! Again everyone on hear was on his nuts too! "oh he's a hard hitter! Start him over Grimes! Why doesn't he start?!" well the answer is because he's garbage. We REALLY missed Brian Williams. Same thing happened in the bengals game.