No Coaching staff changes . Coach said it

:wacko: Hope Mr. Blank gets involved. This is a total disgrace.

Now I can't even look forward to next season. Thinks Mike for kicking me in the gut the day after the most embarrassing loss in NFL history. Guess same-old-same-old is good enough for this coach. 1 and out is our team playoff strategy. Good to know.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone loved smith all year and now are throwing him down the stairs because of one bad game. The man went 13-3 and ran up against a **** of a good team..a better team..at least for that night. That's it, bottom line. Trashing him, demanding coaching changes, etc is just absurd. Disagreeing with his calls is one thing and fine but demanding people be fired, etc over one game after a 13-3 season is asinine.

To me it's disgusting. This man and this coaching team is the only reason we were there last night to begin with. But nah, let's forget that. This is why sports fans in general look stupid and quite frankly suck. Their opinion changes from one week to the next and say some really stupid ****.

I apologize. Having NFL Record setting Offensive numbers run up on our defensive scheme in a Home playoff game is now the accepted norm, my bad.

I will try to learn that "1 and done" is okay because winning more games in the regular season is now "enough."

If it's good enough for Smitty, then it's good enough for me.

Pass me the Kool-Aid....

I've no issue with Coach decision. As as fan, All I want to know why did we have 3 MAN RUSH against GB. Didn't the coaching staff watch the last game video.

Also, 3 and 5 why do we keep our CB's 10 yds off. why not play press coverage once in while.

everybody forget the 5-6 whiffs we had when we had free runners at Rodgers? Jesus, watch the game people

Last week after the Eagles loss Andy Reid was asked whether Sean McDermott would be replaced. He said "no" then went on to compliment him on the job he had done. A few days later McDermott was on the street.

No Head Coach worth a salt is going to openly discuss changes in the media until they happen.

Perhaps I am totally missing the big picture, for that I am sorry, but I had thought our goal was the Super Bowl Ring and that shiny Trophy?

I would love to have the Offensive Numbers from that Arizona public spanking alongside this one, and then relish in the way our Defensive schemes worked in post season.

13-3 is AWESOME, now I must learn that this is enough, and leave those trophies to the better coaches. Oh wait, we have the BEST coaches--oops, I did it again.

Guest stevefalcon

As a Saints fan (and I'm sure you don't want to hear anything more out of Saints fans), I really don't understand the hate for BVG. The Falcons had the 5th best scoring defense in the NFL this season. They only allowed 18 points per game. I'm sorry, but ask UGA how it turned out when VanGorder left.

At some point, your players have to perform. The coach can't be on the field making the tackles for you. Even with the three-man rush, Rodgers was consistently forced to move in the pocket.

Let's face it. What Rodgers did last night was amazing. It was almost super human. You can't expect a player to slip out of a defender's grasp that many times... and then throw perfect strikes to his receivers. That just doesn't happen.

It doesn't make it any easier, but the players quit last night... not the coaches.

WEll I gotta say this saints fan makes sense, I totally agree...We need to keep building this D, then maybe we can play press coverage,

We'll for one thing--If Mike Smith has in the back of his mind to get rid of either the OC, DC or both - he is not going to fire them in that press conference or allude to it -- he could have thrown in something generic though like were going to take a serious look this off-season at what we can do to correct and get better in all phases of the game and preparation -- but he didnt---maybe we will get lucky and someone will still want Mularkey as head coach and we will have to get a new OC---unfortunately no one wants BVG for HC (and who can blame them) perhaps though he will get an offer from a college team and could go back to teaching college ball as he is not suited for the pros---but no matter what--who would we replace them with---Josh McDaniels on OC (or who else) and who on DC???

On whether he has thought of making any changes to the coaching staff:

“No, in fact we hope we can have continuity on our coaching staff. I think our coaching staff is one of the best or not the best in the NFL. I think that you want to have continuity with your players; you want to have continuity with your staff. I think our staff has done a great job this year preparing our team each and every week, even though there were a couple of games that we didn’t play our best. I want to say this, the Green Bay Packers were the better team last night. That’s how you’ve got to approach it each and every week because the dynamics change in this league from week to week.”

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/2011/01/transcript-mike-smith-news-conference-6/

Edited by VegasFalconFan2009

having continuity in the coaching staff is good and I think Dimitroff still working on the plan to improve personnel. We need more depth in different areas of the team (mostly defense) and until the personnel is there we cannot blame the coaching staff, especially when they managed 13 wins in the regular season with the current personnel which if you go down the list, is not the best on paper.

Perhaps I am totally missing the big picture, for that I am sorry, but I had thought our goal was the Super Bowl Ring and that shiny Trophy?

I would love to have the Offensive Numbers from that Arizona public spanking alongside this one, and then relish in the way our Defensive schemes worked in post season.

13-3 is AWESOME, now I must learn that this is enough, and leave those trophies to the better coaches. Oh wait, we have the BEST coaches--oops, I did it again.

Apparently I didn't get the memo either.