Does Matt Ryan = Matt Hasselbeck?

Power I

After watching the game, I started seeing some similarities between Hasselbeck and Ryan. They both like to check down, they both like throwing a hopeful pass down the sidelines to their best wide receiver, and they both have only average arm strength to stretch the field.

It's not necessarily a knock on Matt Ryan. Matt Hasselbeck has been to Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl. It just seems fitting that the only time Hasselbeck got there was behind Shaun Alexander and a dominant running game.

SEattles defense > Atlantas defense

give me there corners any day of the week over our soft 10 yard coverage

I wouldn't say their secondary is better, I would say their scheme is better. We rarely jam WRs at the line which is crazy. Look at why the Steelers, Ravens, Jets are so good when blitzing. Their corners disrupt the timing allowing the blitz time to get there.

Why is the bar so low in Atlanta?

Because we have no reason to set it high. We set the bar high this season and it got us no where in the playoffs. I'm of the belief that what you do in the regular season weighs far below what you do in the postseason. We became the "same ol' Falcons" in the playoffs.

Why is the bar so low in Atlanta?

It's not low. I would say expectations are too high. Tom Brady walked into a good situation when Bledsoe went down. Flacco has an elite defense. Sanchez has an elite defense and every piece imaginable on offense. Would you pick Flacco or Sanchez over Ryan? **** NO! All I am saying is we should be happy we have a very good team on the rise and are ahead of schedule in the process. We went from 4-12. Not 8-8 or 9-7.

It's not low. I would say expectations are too high. Tom Brady walked into a good situation when Bledsoe went down. Flacco has an elite defense. Sanchez has an elite defense and every piece imaginable on offense. Would you pick Flacco or Sanchez over Ryan? **** NO! All I am saying is we should be happy we have a very good team on the rise and are ahead of schedule in the process. We went from 4-12. Not 8-8 or 9-7.

I think we're past the point where we should be talking about where we came from. We've had three winning seasons in a row. I think we've reached a point where if our club is winning, we should expect to win it all. Matt Ryan is going to have to make a quantum leap forward. His stats would be great for a quarterback 20 years ago, but the game has changed.

I made the point about Hasselbeck because he's a good quarterback, but you can't rely on him to win you every game. I hope that's not what we have in Matt Ryan.

Because we have no reason to set it high. We set the bar high this season and it got us no where in the playoffs. I'm of the belief that what you do in the regular season weighs far below what you do in the postseason. We became the "same ol' Falcons" in the playoffs.

13-3 for the regular season usually translates into at least winning one playoff game. We are one of the few number 1 seeds to lose to a 6 seed. Same ol' Falcons is right, even down to the boards crashing most of the game.