Shut down our run and Ryan cant get er done

Ive noticed this the last 3 seasons. Everytime Matt Ryan has a bad game. Its always somebodyelses fault. Ive heard things like Its Murlarkey not opening up his playbook enough. To Gonzo is not good anymore. Well Gonzales was great in the NFL until he started playing with Ryan.

As far as Mike Murlarkey goes. PEOPLE ITS an OC'S JOB TO CALL PLAYS TO THE PLAYERS STRENGTHS. Hes knows more about Ryan than you or I. He knows Ryan isnt as great as you all make him out to be. Lets just be honest here for a sec. Ryan sucks at throwing the deep ball.

Hes only good at check downs or throwing to the sidelines. Maybe thats why MM hadnt opened up the playbook more. I think he opened it up for the game last night and Ryan simply just Failed to execute. 3 turnovers. One being returned for a TD. 186 yds passing and 1 td? Thats unacceptable. Especially in a playoff game. Ryan been in the league 3 seasons now with no playoff wins. He should know better than that. It sure didnt take Vick 3 seasons to win a playoff game and this is when he was lazy and didnt study. Ryan has more weapons and a better coach than Vick had when he was here. Just saying Ryan needs to step his game up time is running out.

The Eagles showed everyone how to beat us. I mean they shut down Turner and kevin Kolb who i think we should trade Ryan for. Blew us out. The Packers did the same thing. Ryan only had one pass Td against the Saints and Packers. Says alot. BTW the Eagles just hired Jim Mora as their DC. So were stuck with BVD.

Edited by atlhomey

Ive noticed this the last 3 seasons. Everytime Matt Ryan has a bad game. Its always somebodyelses fault. Ive heard things like Its Murlarkey not opening up his playbook enough. To Gonzo is not good anymore. Well Gonzales was great in the NFL until he started playing with Ryan.

As far as Mike Murlarkey goes. PEOPLE ITS an OC'S JOB TO CALL PLAYS TO THE PLAYERS STRENGTHS. Hes knows more about Ryan than you or I. He knows Ryan isnt as great as you all make him out to be. Lets just be honest here for a sec. Ryan sucks at throwing the deep ball.

Hes only good at check downs or throwing to the sidelines. Maybe thats why MM hadnt opened up the playbook more. I think he opened it up for the game last night and Ryan simply just Failed to execute. 3 turnovers. One being returned for a TD. 186 yds passing and 1 td? Thats unacceptable. Especially in a playoff game. Ryan been in the league 3 seasons now. He should know better than that. It sure didnt take Vick 3 seasons to win a playoff game and this is when he was lazy and didnt study. Ryan has more weapons and a better coach than Vick had when he was here. Just saying Ryan needs to step his game up time is running out.

The Eagles showed everyone how to beat us. I mean they shut down Turner and kevin Kolb who i think we should trade Ryan for. Blew us out. The Packers did the same thing. Ryan only had one pass Td against the Saints and Packers. Says alot. BTW the Eagles just hired Jim Mora as their DC. So were stuck with BVD.

Michael Vick is never coming back.

Hes only good at check downs or throwing to the sidelines. Maybe thats why MM hadnt opened up the playbook more. I think he opened it up for the game last night and Ryan simply just Failed to execute. 3 turnovers. One being returned for a TD. 186 yds passing and 1 td? Thats unacceptable. Especially in a playoff game. Ryan been in the league 3 seasons now with no playoff wins. He should know better than that. It sure didnt take Vick 3 seasons to win a playoff game and this is when he was lazy and didnt study. Ryan has more weapons and a better coach than Vick had when he was here. Just saying Ryan needs to step his game up time is running out.

atlhomey, I am gonna have to agree with you on the fact that alot of Falcon fans have trouble seeing Matt Ryan's faults. When he plays horribly, people are quick to blame everybody but Ryan. That being said, I challenge you to make a post that doesn't have Vick's name mentioned in it at all. You seem to know a good bit about football, but you have to ruin it by adding Vick to the equation. I mean you could start a post about our defense and it would somehow turn in to a story about Vick. Drop your biased love in that area and I think you make a lot of valid points. JMHO

It's called bad play calling. When Vick was here they did not run the same 5 plays every week. Vick had at least 10 plays to work with but then again he could not remember he was the QB and you throw first then run.

I would take Ryan with a broken right arm over a healthy Vick any day.

Lazy Vick, not studying still better than Ryan- who works his tail off and still fails in the playoffs with more weapons than Vick had. Vick had a ton more of defenciencys on that Eagles team than Ryan. First he had the last ranked redzone defense in the last 25 yrs.

Which means their redzone defense was worse than the winless Lions team in 08" So basically Vick had to out score everyteam. Not to mention his RT&RG got blown up every play as soon as the ball was snapped to him forcing him to run for his life. If you want to make comparisons. Vick had nearly 300 yds passing and 2 tds on greenbay.

If his kicker didnt miss two field goals they win that game. Ryan had 1 td and passed for only 186 yds, got sacked 4 times- and he has a Better Oline than Vick and defense. He also had 3 turnovers in which one was returned for a TD. Sorry, but Ryan wont ever be as good as Vick. Heck Kevin Kolb is even better than Matt Ryan as shown when we played the Eagles. I hope we trade Ryan for Kolb in the offseason.

Edited by atlhomey

atlhomey, I am gonna have to agree with you on the fact that alot of Falcon fans have trouble seeing Matt Ryan's faults. When he plays horribly, people are quick to blame everybody but Ryan. That being said, I challenge you to make a post that doesn't have Vick's name mentioned in it at all. You seem to know a good bit about football, but you have to ruin it by adding Vick to the equation. I mean you could start a post about our defense and it would somehow turn in to a story about Vick. Drop your biased love in that area and I think you make a lot of valid points. JMHO

Well thanks.

Just because someone tells the truth about Ryan doesnt mean theyre not a fan.

never, ever, have i said that anyone wasn't a fan. if you think otherwise provide a link. and why would i be mad at someone saying Ryan was terrible last night? i said it myself, he was horrible, haven't seen him play that bad in a long time. it's disappointing but at the same time he is a 25 year old pro bowl qb. i'll take my chances with him for the next 15 years.

Matt deserves a large heaping of blame, but this analysis is woefully inaccurate IMO. If its a given that the OC calls plays to fit their players strengths, why have we not seen a greater percentage of screen passes to our RBs? Why have we seen a no huddle attack that works but when used but isn't used enough?

Matt doesnt "suck at throwing the deep ball" at all. Thats a stupid criticism. The Vick stuff is just so completely ridiculous at this point that I can only hope that you people are just trolling for reactions and don't honestly believe this.

Matt deserves a large heaping of blame, but this analysis is woefully inaccurate IMO. If its a given that the OC calls plays to fit their players strengths, why have we not seen a greater percentage of screen passes to our RBs? Why have we seen a no huddle attack that works but when used but isn't used enough?

Matt doesnt "suck at throwing the deep ball" at all. Thats a stupid criticism. The Vick stuff is just so completely ridiculous at this point that I can only hope that you people are just trolling for reactions and don't honestly believe this.

The Vick statement was true whether anyone likes it or not. Ok well lets just stick to talking about Ryan. Turner isnt really a good recieving RB to catch screen passes in my opinion hes a down hill runner just like Snelling. Even if we did run of bunch of screens it wouldnt have worked. Philly tried that as well. Matt isnt that accurate throwing the deep ball unless its a slant. Listen man he is what he is.