Post-Season Mock

vel

Resign:

Grimes

Clabo

Blalock

Snelling

Tony G if he will allow it. I think he would give us maybe 3 more years.

Wire

Free Agency:

DeAngelo Williams, RB

1. Aldon Smith, DE Mizzou

2. Brandon Burton, CB Utah

3. Dwayne Harris, WR ECU

4. Casey Matthews, LB Oregon

5. Lee Ziemba, OT Auburn

6. Saia Falahola, DT Arizona State

7. Dom DeCicco, S PITT

7. Kai Forbath, K UCLA

7. Da'Rel Scott, RB Maryland

I think this draft would give us a very good pass rusher, a potential shutdown corner in the nickel spot with size, an electric slot WR to pair with Douglas, a high effort back-up LB, OL depth, a penetrating DT, a hybrid safety like Thomas Davis, strong kicker, and a very fast RB to stash

Resign:

Grimes

Clabo

Blalock

Snelling

Wire

Free Agency:

DeAngelo Williams, RB

3. Dwayne Harris, WR ECU

5. Lee Ziemba, OT Auburn

7. Dom DeCicco, S PITT

7. Kai Forbath, K UCLA

I think this draft would give us a very good pass rusher, a potential shutdown corner in the nickel spot with size, an electric slot WR to pair with Douglas, a high effort back-up LB, OL depth, a penetrating DT, a hybrid safety like Thomas Davis, strong kicker, and a very fast RB to stash

Very good draft, although Dwayne Harris isn't electric, I doubt he runs faster than 4.5, but he is a very good slot receiver.

What smiler said. Aldon Smith would be a great pick but he might be gone by the time we pick because he's a 4-3 and a 3-4 prospect. I really like Brandon Burton too at corner. Your next 3 picks are good too and after that, I haven't seen much of the others to say anything about them. I've seen Scott though, he is an electric player that's playing behind a bad line.

Very good draft, although Dwayne Harris isn't electric, I doubt he runs faster than 4.5, but he is a very good slot receiver.

You gotta have some kind of electricity to have 3 kick returns. But yea he won't be a DeSean Jackson but a Jeremy Maclin comparison wouldn't be far off. Harris would force teams into playing their nickel formation and if they don't have a good one (like Owens), it will be exposed. I think he could break into the 4.4s.

A little to early for a CB, I know they didn't play great, but as long as we keep this awful defensive bend but don't break scheme, no CB is going to be a shutdown. You can't shut down a WR when you are 10 yards off of him.

We need a prototypical number 2, Harris is just a slot guy. We need a RB earlier though.

A little to early for a CB, I know they didn't play great, but as long as we keep this awful defensive bend but don't break scheme, no CB is going to be a shutdown. You can't shut down a WR when you are 10 yards off of him.

We need a prototypical number 2, Harris is just a slot guy. We need a RB earlier though.

Williams went down and if he isn't resigned do you really think Owens is the answer there? No I don't unfortunately and I like the guy. I don't understand the need to rid ourselves of Jenkins. First off, he signed an extension just before Roddy. He never complains, and was the only one on offense to have an impact.

I would like to see us develop an offense like the Pats. They have plenty of options: Welker, Branch, Woodhead, Tate, Gronkowski, Hernandez. You don't know who to stop. Opposing teams know: "Stop Turner, and bracket Roddy and you got em." With HD getting his legs back, Meier coming back, and adding Harris, I think we could have something similar to build on (White, Jenkins, Tony, HD, Meier, Harris). We need to get an OC who has experience dealing with an elite offense. McDaniels has that. Mularkey doesn't.

I think its no way we spend that much money on the RB position... Why sign a big name FA there when you can draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round.

The cost of signing a DE would be more. Signing Williams would be smart because we need a real COP back and I don't want to bank on a third round rookie to do it. Williams has given us problems constantly, and he could help us when it is time to phase Turner out. Obviously the odds of it happening are pretty low since we gotta resign Snelling too but I was just thinking about the cost of a FA DE vs FA RB. I don't see many 3rd round backs turning into Jamaal Charles or being better than Williams right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Resign:

Grimes

Clabo

Blalock

Snelling

Wire

Free Agency:

DeAngelo Williams, RB

3. Dwayne Harris, WR ECU

5. Lee Ziemba, OT Auburn

7. Dom DeCicco, S PITT

7. Kai Forbath, K UCLA

ziemba sucked this week at GUARD! still like him in rd 5?

ziemba sucked this week at GUARD! still like him in rd 5?

Haha funny that you went and looked for a mock I did just to try and make a point and you complain about my 5th round pick. And yes I would take a flier on Ziemba in the fifth still. National champion OL and he was the anchor. One week doesn't erase that

What about RT? He doesn't have the feet of a LT but I think he has the ability to play RT.

thats what i was thinking with him as well. if he could be emergency back up at LT after a couple years in the league so be it, but he is one guy that did not look good this week. could turn things back around again, but he definately fell to end of the draft for me. and rd 5 is still too high IMO.

Haha funny that you went and looked for a mock I did just to try and make a point and you complain about my 5th round pick.

"haha", what are you a school girl? sounds giddy to me, at any rate, clever of you to bump this one instead of the collasal dumpster that was the first mock of yours i found. i bumped this one as well out of descency as it was the most recent but i saw it second/after the fact. it was WAY better and i was trying to give credit where credit is due. i for ONE can be civil. you sir are sorely lacking in class.

"haha", what are you a school girl? sounds giddy to me, at any rate, clever of you to bump this one instead of the collasal dumpster that was the first mock of yours i found. i bumped this one as well out of descency as it was the most recent but i saw it second/after the fact. it was WAY better and i was trying to give credit where credit is due. i for ONE can be civil. you sir are sorely lacking in class.

You aren't being civil because you bumped the last 3 mocks that I did and only took about 5-10 minutes for each. You probably take about a week per mock you do and they are trash. You are trying hard to find why my mock is terrible. If it was so bad you would have commented on it earlier but clearly it wasn't bad enough the first time because I know you saw it. You don't like my 5th round pick. Go cry about it. That pick is the equivalent of William Middleton. Wow...