IF you are Falcons Fan

Interceptor430

We left late in the 4th. What a pathetic effort by the Falcons. There is no explaining the beat-down they took. The Defense was pathetic and the offense was weak. For the better part of the 4th quarter all I heard was Go-Pack-Go. What on earth would compel us to suffer through one more minute of that nonsense. I am not a martyr.

I'm so hurt and angry from this lose, and shame on me? More like I left when they scored that 42nd point from total embarrassment.

Look, we were shown that this franchise has moved past their history and have started to show consistency to only be served that "old school falcons" style of play on my plate!

I am the "customer" (remember this is a business) and feel no shame from leaving early last night.

We as a fanbase deserve at least a better effort from our team. We showed up in force, we even busted the 115dbs they were looking to get, but did the team show up.

The FANS in Atlanta "Rose Up", where was the team!

The Dome staff didn't even play the "Rise Up" speech in the 4th Q. If you were at the game, you had the right to leave if you want to or stay if you felt compelled to show team loyalty. IMO, the players were paid to stay there & I believe if they had a choice about it last night, they would've left too. Their spirit left after the 3rd & 13 play in the 3rd Q giving up a 1st down. All they were on the field were shells of themselves going through the motions. For the guys out there watching on TV & giving out crap to people who were actually there, you need to climb off your soap box & move on. Just as in any business, if you want to keep customers you have to provide a quality product.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it in this one, I stayed until the game was over. But I don't blame anyone for leaving early.

It was like a bad car wreck I couldn't look away.....my wife kept telling me to just turn off the TV....I wouldn't have cared if we had lost by 3 I could have lived with that....but ****...

Thanks. We left before halfway through the 4th.

I'll throw it back atcha. If you didn't go to the game, and you're critiquing those that did, we probably don't care. I know I don't.

Spend $800 on tickets alone, then get back to me.

[/thread]

How someone who wasn't there is gonna critique those that spent good $ (cuz they weren't cheap...I looked into going) and then wants to be critical of them leaving after the team had clearly mailed it in is beyond me.

Leaving early/staying is not the sign of a "true fan". I wish people would stop with that. I know for me personally, I changed the channel towards the end b/c the truth is it was just too painful to watch. I know I'm not the only one that felt that way.

Thanks. We left before halfway through the 4th.

I'll throw it back atcha. If you didn't go to the game, and you're critiquing those that did, we probably don't care. I know I don't.

Spend $800 on tickets alone, then get back to me.

^^^^

same

I toughed it out as long as I could, But you can only take so much between our team's awful play and the "Birds still suck" chants before you just want to get out of there and start thinking about next season.

I have left two games early in three years. The first was the Philly game when YKW made his return and a part of the crowd was chanting for him. I couldn't take that and I couldn't take the go pack go chant from a group behind us so we left with about 8 minutes left. I might add it was painful to stay that long. And yes, it was a horrible beat down of our team that should never have occurred.

I was there and can say I have never wanted to leave a sporting event early because until it is impossible to change the outcome I still have faith. Well last night I lost all faith in the teams ability to change the outcome of a totally embarrassing effort in the most important game of the year. I had tears in my eyes walking out in the third quarter and had to make a huge effort for them not to roll down my cheeks in utter frustration at the effort of the whole organization. I could not even look at the Packer fans around us and felt it best to get out since I was not going to be able to help the team that couldn't help thelmselves.

I have always hated watching fans file out early. I feel that they should bear it out and be the last off the ship. Stay and support your team and don't let the enemy fans rule the roost.

I even gutted it out at the return of MV7.

Until last night. I left mid 3rd qtr. I pay my season money, drive 400 miles round trip. Hotels gas and food ain't cheap. I wasn't about to listen to GO PACK GO all the way to chamblee station. No way, no how.