How Could We Have Been So Unprepared

Nono

That was nasty embarrassing. How could we have had the whole week off to prepare and fail so miserably. I even read a quick article that MM was thinking of throwing in a trick play or two. I mean dam, didn't we play and beat Green Bay? We had them on film---so what went wrong? Did our coaches just not tell the players that things happen even faster in the playoffs? Didn't we have a good game plan going into this home game with the fans at an all time high noise level?

I really feel this team that we supported with all our heart got so dam blown out. Why in gods name did our secondary look so foolish allowing Rodgers to complete 86% of his passes---some of those people in Flowery Branch need to wake the hel up-----we warned you that not signing or drafting a better pass rusher was dangerous.

I am not convinced we got such a great deal with Dunta and Ownes was lost----there is a lot of blame to go around but it starts with BVG & MM!!!

Williams out and Owens in hurt us. Had to say that.

It comes down to adjustments and execution. Smith said we needed to get more pressure this game. Well, BVG tried to do so. The only problem is missed tackles. Missed sacks on 3rd downs hurt. And even when we did get a stop (sack on 3rd and goal), Owens gets flagged for illegal contact cause he's hugging the receiver. Then he gets PI.

I'm not going to put the blame on one person, but Christopher Owens get the biggest piece of the blame pie. I saw him get flagged for PI/IC. I saw him go for the INT instead of a tackle on 3rd and long, resulting in an extra 10-12 yards added to the catch. I saw him miss Aaron Rodgers. I saw him rush the QB and then stop when met by the FB, rather than keeping momentum and trying to collapse the pocket.

He was very disappointing.

No excuse--- Packers had 13 men on IR

can you imagine this Falcons team with 13 people on IR

Williams out and Owens in hurt us. Had to say that.

It comes down to adjustments and execution. Smith said we needed to get more pressure this game. Well, BVG tried to do so. The only problem is missed tackles. Missed sacks on 3rd downs hurt. And even when we did get a stop (sack on 3rd and goal), Owens gets flagged for illegal contact cause he's hugging the receiver. Then he gets PI.

I'm not going to put the blame on one person, but Christopher Owens get the biggest piece of the blame pie. I saw him get flagged for PI/IC. I saw him go for the INT instead of a tackle on 3rd and long, resulting in an extra 10-12 yards added to the catch. I saw him miss Aaron Rodgers. I saw him rush the QB and then stop when met by the FB, rather than keeping momentum and trying to collapse the pocket.

He was very disappointing.

Yep. Most points and most lopsided margin of victory ever against a #1 seed, as well as the highest completion percentage in post-season history with 35 or more attempts (according to various articles I've read). Unbelievable. I knew we might lose (GB is one h*ll of a team), but there is simply no excuse for losing like THAT with all the advantages of a #1 seed.

That was nasty embarrassing. How could we have had the whole week off to prepare and fail so miserably. I even read a quick article that MM was thinking of throwing in a trick play or two. I mean dam, didn't we play and beat Green Bay? We had them on film---so what went wrong? Did our coaches just not tell the players that things happen even faster in the playoffs? Didn't we have a good game plan going into this home game with the fans at an all time high noise level?

I really feel this team that we supported with all our heart got so dam blown out. Why in gods name did our secondary look so foolish allowing Rodgers to complete 86% of his passes---some of those people in Flowery Branch need to wake the hel up-----we warned you that not signing or drafting a better pass rusher was dangerous.

I am not convinced we got such a great deal with Dunta and Ownes was lost----there is a lot of blame to go around but it starts with BVG & MM!!!

if you reviewed the history of this franchise you should not be a bit surprised

I'm with you man...I just can't fathom how we could have been so unprepared for this one.

They weren't unprepared; they were just outclassed. They were only unprepared once this year and that was at Philly. But GB is clearly a much better team than the Falcons and it showed. Atlanta won so many games by the skin of their teeth this year that could have gone the other way. Finally it caught up with them last night.

But I don't view this team as a flash in the pan that is going to sink into mediocrity next season. They have a solid base, and core of players who will keep the team competitive in the near future. But they will be facing a tough task going forward because both New Orleans, and Tampa are going to be good as well.

The Falcons looked right into the face of what a high powered team looks like last night, on both sides of the ball. And they got the teeth marks all over their bodies to prove it. Many spots need to be upgraded to make Atlanta a real threat to win the Super Bowl, but I believe we have the correct people in place to do that work, and complete the job. We will be okay, but we have a ways to go to make it to the very top.