SMITTY PLEASE

warrior5

Please do the following

1- New OC that has a better playbook instead of a Dink and Dunk offense

2-DC that knows how to blitz.. oh and that can call the right plays and make offenses have to punt atleast 1 time a gameangry.gif

3- Get us some real recievers beside white.

4-get us some real D players.

5-Just plain out send OWENS packing cause he is terrible..... watched him get burnt so many times last night.... 3rd and 13..... give me a break

Can you please stop overreacting? Why would we send Owens packing? he's a 2nd year guy that was matched up with Jennings and Driver at times last night, he's still learning.

The only thing I learned last night is that we need another good CB, wether it be Champ or Nnamdi, we didnt have enough CB's to play last night. Brent can play the nb if we get Nnamdi or Champ can play NB. Either way it's apparent we need more CB's because we will see this team for a long time.

And their was plents of times we could have forced a punt, how about Abe missing a sack on 3rd and 5? we just didnt make the play when given the chance.

People have to stop overreacting, Packers are a good team but with Williams out we were short handed and the Packers exploited that.

Can you please stop overreacting? Why would we send Owens packing? he's a 2nd year guy that was matched up with Jennings and Driver at times last night, he's still learning.

The only thing I learned last night is that we need another good CB, wether it be Champ or Nnamdi, we didnt have enough CB's to play last night. Brent can play the nb if we get Nnamdi or Champ can play NB. Either way it's apparent we need more CB's because we will see this team for a long time.

And their was plents of times we could have forced a punt, how about Abe missing a sack on 3rd and 5? we just didnt make the play when given the chance.

People have to stop overreacting, Packers are a good team but with Williams out we were short handed and the Packers exploited that.

I don't think it is possible to over react to last nights game. It was absolutely horrible in almost every aspect. The only way to over react would be to say the team should move or fire Smith. Other than that I say everything is fair game. Playoff wins matter. Also, about Owens I supported the guy and thought he was going to be something. However he hasn't learned anything to me. He has regressed if anything, seems like another Chevis 2.0 to me and thats hard to say b/c I was high on the guy.

We did blitz and we got to the QB.. The players just missed the sacks... Thats not BVG fault.. He put players in the position to make plays....

We just need at add more talent on D.

On Offense... I feel like unless Murlarkey change it up some... His system is tapped out.

We did blitz and we got to the QB.. The players just missed the sacks... Thats not BVG fault.. He put players in the position to make plays....

We just need at add more talent on D.

On Offense... I feel like unless Murlarkey change it up some... His system is tapped out.

On offense we have hit our potential with Mularkey.

BVG needs to go as well, his scheme is too passive. Our CBs play so far off of the WR, then when we blitz then just audible to midfield routes. When our CBs are playing so far off it is easy to just dump off a short crossing route. It happens all the time to us and unless he figures out a way to be more aggressive, implement some press, and show better blitzes, he will be gone.

I am hoping both are gone because nothing has changed scheme wise on either side of the ball, we need something more attacking style.

I'm new to the board, but have been reading for a while. I'm not one to jump to brash decisions, but after last night's poor performance I just can't hold my tounge. I've been a Falcons fan for a long time and will always support the team no matter what, but some changes need to be made. The main one is hiring a new DC. VanGorder is OK as a DC but not great. Granted, I'm a little biased about his coaching tenure at my alma mater (Ga Southern) but that has nothing to do with our current situation. I just feel like we were out coached on defense last night and it wasn't the first time that has happened (Philly comes to mind).

IMO, If you're an awesome DC then your name should come up for open head coaching jobs every so often. I never hear VanGorder's name thrown around.

BVG needs to go as well, his scheme is too passive. Our CBs play so far off of the WR, then when we blitz then just audible to midfield routes. When our CBs are playing so far off it is easy to just dump off a short crossing route. It happens all the time to us and unless he figures out a way to be more aggressive, implement some press, and show better blitzes, he will be gone.

I am hoping both are gone because nothing has changed scheme wise on either side of the ball, we need something more attacking style.

I agree 100%

That bend but dont break just plain out s ucks....... we play way to far off and dont get agressive enough... slants killed us..... They needed 13 yards for a first down and we play 15 yards deep.. wtf?

Please dont say dont over react. This hurt big time!!!!!

The offense needs some speed at WR position. The offense line needs to learn how to pick up the blitz. They also need to find a way to get a running back that is the full time starter that can catch the ball to add to the passing game. The Atlanta offense does not strike fear into any team in the NFL. Maybe a new offense coordinator that will use the talent properly that he has. I still think you need new plays every week to play to the weakness of your opposition. That has been very limited with the staff Atlanta has now.

On defense we need some physical CBs. Play more press coverage, and get players who can. Throw out the 3 man pass rush it only stops bad QBs. Good QBs pick it apart with the time they have. If the three man pass rush is all that MM can use to make a change then he needs to be gone. Atlanta still needs another playmaker on the D-Line.

Most of the problems can be fixed in one offseason not all but most. Atlanta still has some young players I know. They will improve with the next year of play. On another note the coaching staff needs to take ownership of the problem they have put this team together. I have seen many other NFL teams put together teams and replace players and they don’t miss a beat on the field. So the coaches have to shoulder the blame as well.

I will say this I would rather not see another Falcon playoff game ever if they play as bad as last night. They let all the fans down big time with performance they gave last night. I think we all are sick of the high hopes only to have it thrown back in our face that this team is just smoke and mirrors.

I agree... My point was that if we made the plays that was there for us to make on D .. The game would have looked a lil different... The sacks were there.

But i agree... We shouldnt play so much man off coverage...