Let's not turn into Georgia fans

cnst

I hated the performance last night as much as the next guy but let's not start asking for the heads of the coaching staff because we MUST win the Superbowl EVERY year. That's completely revoved from reality. Coaches are hired with expectations of success within a 3-5 year future. Look at what we've been able to do. Playoffs year 1, broke a 44 year old record of non back-to-back winning seasons, went 13-3, and won the NFC South title. Dump a coordinator and you disrupt every man under his watch for the next 3 years. Sure we crapped the bed last night but let's keep the focus on the most effective things we can change - roster.

So you think we're better served by resetting strategy and having the whole defense/offense learn a new system? Not a bad idea if you have total failure in coaching. We're just not there.

You don't have to reset a strategy in its entirely in order to get results, you can tweak it a bit. But keeping the same people in the same positions and expecting a different result due to familiarity doesn't help much in the NFL.

I hated the performance last night as much as the next guy but let's not start asking for the heads of the coaching staff because we MUST win the Superbowl EVERY year. That's completely revoved from reality. Coaches are hired with expectations of success within a 3-5 year future. Look at what we've been able to do. Playoffs year 1, broke a 44 year old record of non back-to-back winning seasons, went 13-3, and won the NFC South title. Dump a coordinator and you disrupt every man under his watch for the next 3 years. Sure we crapped the bed last night but let's keep the focus on the most effective things we can change - roster.

every year? i would just like to win a superbowl one year.

I'm not buying it.

Last night's defense looked not only as if they'd never seen a millisecond of film on Aaron Rodgers, but they looked as if they'd never seen a frigging FOOTBALL before. And when things turned so obviously wrong, there were absolutely ZERO adjustments made. The defense looked as if they were INSTRUCTED to allow Rodgers to do as he pleased.

Nope, sorry. I'm usually all for keeping a coach when I think he's moving in the right direction. Last night, Brian Van Gorder threw away his credentials to remain with this team, in my opinion.

octoslash,

Honestly, can you say any of these statements are true?

- Last night's defense looked not only as if they'd never seen a millisecond of film on Aaron Rodgers

- there were absolutely ZERO adjustments made

- The defense looked as if they were INSTRUCTED to allow Rodgers to do as he pleased.

It sounds more like you're incredibly pissed, as you should be, and as I am. If you want to say VanGorder had the wrong game plan, I'd agree. BUT, I saw a lot of missed tackles and missed opportunties too. Those are player issues.

octoslash,

Honestly, can you say any of these statements are true?

- Last night's defense looked not only as if they'd never seen a millisecond of film on Aaron Rodgers

- there were absolutely ZERO adjustments made

- The defense looked as if they were INSTRUCTED to allow Rodgers to do as he pleased.

It sounds more like you're incredibly pissed, as you should be, and as I am. If you want to say VanGorder had the wrong game plan, I'd agree. BUT, I saw a lot of missed tackles and missed opportunties too. Those are player issues.

Those are my opinions, not testimony under oath (although the dome was definitely the scene of a crime last night...the Falcons were murdered on national TV). That's the way I feel, and if you look at the game statistically, I think my opinions are pretty much supported. Just look at Rodgers' stats and the time of possession. He was playing against a defense that had no clue about what to do to slow him down.