Amazed at empty dome in 4th

vaindioux

Hi

Just like most here I am disapointed but still and always a Falcons fan. The New-yorkers at work will let me have it on Monday but who cares, pitty them they just hate.

I am amazed at how the dome was empty in the 4th quarter, I don't remember the Kansas city Chiefs fans leaving in huge numbers when they got beat bad last week (But I could be wrong). I can't afford these kind of prices but I have never left a venue for any sport when my team is taking a beating, you sink with your ship.

Was anybody reading this there last night? I would love to hear from you about the general feeling in the stands when the beating started.

I think the major problem a lot of people thought The Falcons were going to the superbowl this year, expectations were high. People forget what the playoffs are "1 loss and your season is over".

I think it was still a very good season, you can't go to the playoffs if you suck in the regular season.

If the Falcons keep the course and keep going to the playoffs, sooner than later they will go far in the playoffs.

We got beat by a very good packer team, I think the current Falcons at their best would have still lost but by a smaller margin.

I can't believe some fans want Matt Ryan out of Atlanta, you have to be kidding me. This is a lesson in that young QB career, he is going to grow from that spanking and analyze what went wrong.

Sending him somewhere else would just help the next team.

I don't know much about the offensive and defensive coordinators so I can't talk about them but maybe something might have to be done there to reach the next level.

A final word on our defense last night, can anyone explain me what went wrong? The packers moved down that field like me on Sunday from one end to the other of centennial park, that was ridiculous.

Good luck to the packers, great game they deserved it. I see a New-England/Green bay superbowl at this time, that would be a great one.

I saw last year's teams the Falcons will play, I don't see how the Falcons shouldn't have a nice run again.

GO FALCONS!

Patrick

Canton-GA

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty sad to see the Dome empty on TV. I guess all of the people from the suburbs had to "beat the traffic", even though it's probably nonexistent on a Saturday night.

I live in LA now, so I watched the game on TV all the way to the end. It was painful, but I felt like I needed to remember this embarrassment so that the day the Falcons go to the Super Bowl again will seem that much sweeter.

I'm sorry but when your team gives little to no effort and hangs their heads after every play they give up and get you behind 42-14....why should you stick around? Why support them any longer during that game when they've obviously thrown in the towel?

That was embarrassing and those players deserved an embarrassing empty dome because that was as ugly as it gets.

You can't expect fans to sit around and support a team that quit mid-way through the 2nd quarter. And support a defensive coordiantor that sit back and let Aaron Rodgers pick us apart. Yes we have no talent on defense so you have to cut him a little slack, but after you are behind 21-14 and they have driven the ball down your throat three straight times, you pin your ears back and bring the heat and try to force a TO. We did'nt, we continued to rush 4 and play that stupid "bend but don't break" defense. BVG has to go today. He is overmatched in the NFL. He is a college defensive coordinator and a NFL LB coach nothing more.

I'm sorry but when your team gives little to no effort and hangs their heads after every play they give up and get you behind 42-14....why should you stick around? Why support them any longer during that game when they've obviously thrown in the towel?

That was embarrassing and those players deserved an embarrassing empty dome because that was as ugly as it gets.

This ^^^^

That game was as bad as it gets and I would have left in the 4th quarter for sure. Why should I hang around when its obvious that from about the middle of the second quarter the Falcons knew they werent going to win and hung it up.

I am a season ticket holder for 21 years and never left early! But having said that, I can also see why they left early. First, they knew the packers fans would take over as all visiting teams do when we lose at home. And secondly, that's the only way the fans can show how disappointed they were with the team's pathetic performance. Hope that gives you a little insight... See ya next year!

That's true, you could see after the Packers score to start the second half they just looked completely deflated and almost not willing to work

Left with 4 minutes to go in the third. I paid a lot of money for season tix and then playoff tix (glad I opted for the pay as we win plan) - this is how you let the team know your displeasure. I'm not a big fan of his but Colin Cowherd is right when he says fans who put with up with anything, especially losing and resistance to change, are suckers. Okay, this year's motto was "Rise Up." Next season's should be "Change or Die."

I turned it off mid-way in the 3rd qter....or else violence was going to break out.

that was disgusting to watch like eating your own vomit...why keep doing it

that D should have been unleashed by BVG and their own pride in the 2nd half and blitzed and played like their hair was on fire. But he did not and they did not. they felt sorry for themselves and it showed.

I know it burns them even more than me....well good, that taste should motivate them this off-season

i left midway through the 3rd. had I stayed any longer i may had run onto the field and tanya harding'd aaron rodgers knee. **** supporting that performance last night. they want us to rise up and we do and we get to witness the players do that? ha, was like a slap in the face.

We left after the Jenkins fumble and we NEVER leave early.

I would've liked to stay and applaud our team for the season as a whole, cause they deserve that. But unfortunately their performance last night didn't warrant it. We STUNK on another prime time national moment and I just couldn't stomach any more.

I'll be there next year in full voice.

BTW...you can't compare us to the Chiefs. We are a metro team from a busy city full of mostly transplants. The Chiefs draw a ton of farmers from a multi-state area who drive hundreds of miles, show up on Wednesday, and camp in RVs. The Chiefs fan base is much more like a big late-season SEC game.

I turned it off mid-way in the 3rd qter....or else violence was going to break out.

that was disgusting to watch like eating your own vomit...why keep doing it

that D should have been unleashed by BVG and their own pride in the 2nd half and blitzed and played like their hair was on fire. But he did not and they did not. they felt sorry for themselves and it showed.

I know it burns them even more than me....well good, that taste should motivate them this off-season

Yeah, it was getting pretty ugly with drunk, pissed off fans. And that was before the game started. I was with my wife and it was time to go by mid-way of third.

This ^^^^

That game was as bad as it gets and I would have left in the 4th quarter for sure. Why should I hang around when its obvious that from about the middle of the second quarter the Falcons knew they werent going to win and hung it up.

Hi

Ok the OP here. I see your point a little bit better now in leaving the dome early, I wasn't judging anybody, I was wondering. It's true the team just gave up.

Patrick

Why should anyone stick around to support their team... I don't know, maybe because you're meant to be a SUPPORTER?

That doesn't mean 'celebrate when your team are doing well, but abandon them as soon as they're not', it means 'support your team when they are doing well, but even MORE SO when they're not'.

I expected people to be disappointed at losing, and I thought I would see discussion topics such as "what went wrong?", "where can we improve?" etc, but I am absolutely astounded that I am seeing so many posts with such disdain for a team that went 13-3. It's the playoffs, one game where things don't click how they're meant to, and you're out. It's hard, but it's life. Anyone who feels like turning their back on Ryan, Smith, Dimitroff etc after the progress that has been made doesn't deserve to ever see their team win the Super Bowl.

Surprised? Not really.

Going 13-3 during the regular season, getting the #1 seed in the playoffs, homefield advantage throughout, getting a first round bye and then end up getting blown out at home by a team that they've already beaten during the regular season? Asking the fans to show up (in which they did) to support the home team and then have the home team lay a monumental egg right in front of them on national TV (AGAIN). I don't blame them for leaving early. That was an embarrassing display to behold.

The Falcons don't have a history of winning, so it makes sense that they'll have to work harder and put a better, more consistent product on the field. Our fans have been snakebit too many times by promising efforts only to see them fall short. Even Arthur Blank knows this. You could see it on the man's face last night. He could have made bigger progress last night towards positive fan support, but it didn't happen.

I never leave early from games, but I did last night. I was so upset with the performance and it was mostly cheeseheads in there at the time. I mean, if we were only down by 14 or something, people will stick around, but when you are down 28 and show no sign of stopping them, it's so hard to watch. I could handle a close loss, but to get blown out hurts when we expect so much more.

I never leave early from games, but I did last night. I was so upset with the performance and it was mostly cheeseheads in there at the time. I mean, if we were only down by 14 or something, people will stick around, but when you are down 28 and show no sign of stopping them, it's so hard to watch. I could handle a close loss, but to get blown out hurts when we expect so much more.

How much did you all pay for your tickets last night?

Does anybody knows how much the cheapest tickets were for non season ticket holders?

Did anybody stay to the end last night, I don't think I saw anybody saying so?

Patrick

Did you see the Carolina stadium in Jan of 2009 when the Cardinals were trouncing them? It was the same way. There is no need to stick around when the team plays like $h!t.

I left after that botched snap in the 4th between Ryan and McClure. The game was already over before that but that just sealed it.