Who do you want to see Gone?

Optimus*Crimes

Brian Van Gorder needs to be gone tomorrow!

Sign CB from Oakland

Definately keep Mularky

Get big men for middle of d-line to create impact to make DE more effective

Get LBs with speed and that can bring the wood

Get a DE for Abrham to mentor.

Norwood- gone

Williams- gone

S. Nichols- gone

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg people. quit pointing fingers in the wrong direction.yes bvg out, and yes noorwood out, and yes baker out, dahl is nasty keep him in. hes great for the run. robinson waste of space, another chris huston-out! anderson out. jenkins i would usually say out but he turned it around this year. that drop wasnt really a drop. he got the ball with 2 feet down and cut up field. the db knocked it out. so it was a fumble out of bounds. horrible reversal call. bfinn is a great utility-in, grimes could play any db position and be great for our team-in, keep weems at return man, hes the best we've had in a long time. and keonen is a great punter. probably one of the best in the leage. you cant be perfect all the time-in but not for to much money. bonus for bryant. finally a kicker we can depend on.

Dahl is nasty and untalented. attitude and hard work only take you so far. he is a turn-style in pass protection. He bends at the waist gets off-balance. does not have the quick processing to pick up blitzes and stunts. and the run game...watch the last saints game and watch him get pistol-whipped every other run play

If you think that performance last night from Lofton is holding his own more power to ya. I however think that performance last night by ALL our LB's was as bad as it gets in the playoffs. Lofton was CONSTANTLY taking the wrong lane and bad angles all night. And he was our best LB in that game. Lets not even talk about how wide the **** open the middle of the field was last night. Thats LB alley and they dont even know the address.

I think basing your opinion on how good a player is because of one game is a little bonkers. Lofton and Grimes are really the only 2 constants on our D. They played at a very high level all year, and you want Lofton gone because of a horrible defensive game?

I will say for Owens he is a 2nd year guy, so I expected some struggles but the Pack where making him cover Jennings and and Driver at times I mean the guy was going to struggle. Williams I think is done just because of age. But Owens needs to hang around.

And I agree bring Nnamdi to Atlanta and let Brent play the nickel, not because he is not good enough to play outside but we will be playing the Pack a lot for years to come so we will need very good depth not just depth.

I say give Nnamdi the money he wants becasue I honestly believe we wont need a another FA for a couple of years. And if we dont get Nnamdi we need Champ.

Teams I think Jenkins is good enough to be the #2 receiver for:

Bills

Patriots

Ravens

Browns

Texans

Jags

Titans

Broncos

Raiders

Chargers

Chiefs

Cowboys

Redskins

Bears

Lions

Vikings

Panthers

Bucs

Cards

Rams

49ers

Seahawks

So I think he is pretty good.

The problem with Jenkins is he cannot get in and out of his breaks. He is a long strider who has no athletic ability and who cannot run after the catch.

I don't have a major problem with the 4 starters in the secondary. Maybe I'm the last one on the wagon, but Grimes made me a believer this year. But, there's absolutely NO depth behind them. Besides, as bad as last night was, I'm not sure anybody could have slowed down Rodgers, maybe the Steel Curtain or the 85 Bears, but that's about it.

More pass rush is desperately needed!! Looks like we're picking around 27th, maybe a pass rusher will be there.

On offense, I can take or leave Jenkins. If he's back, fine, if he's gone, fine. The 0-line looks like it might need to be rebuilt.

Special teams might be our strength. If they wanna bring in a K to compete with Bryant, fine. Weems also made me a believer, too.

It's obvious we have a long way to go, though.

Get rid of Mularkey. He overuses Turner through the course of the season and he's worn out by the end of the year, he calls the same plays far too often and in the same situations which leads to predictability (the Packers were sitting on that rollout to the left which led to the pick 6), and doesn't seem to know what to do once his original game plan isn't working so he keeps trying to force it instead of adapting.

Get rid of VanGorder. He doesn't play to players strengths at all (eg. giving Robinson eight yard cushions even though he excels at press-man), his blitzes can be seen from a mile away so any competent QB can see it coming and adjust, the moment there is a hint of a lead he goes into prevent defense, he calls the three man rush in inappropriate situations (I'd understand 3rd and 15+, but 3rd and 8? Are you serious?!), and like Mularkey he tries to force the same game plan when it isn't working instead of adapting.

The team will not grow with them still around. This is a coaches league and we desperately need better coaches to call the plays.

As for players, Owens needs to stay as far away from the defense as possible. Either cut him or relegate him to special teams. Do not bring Dahl back, he is the weakest link of the O-line. Do not bring Peterson back, he's been a non-factor all season and we got Weatherspoon to replace him anyway. Hope Gonzalez retires, he's been regressing all season and seems to be a curse to his teams that make the playoffs.

We desperately need an impact LDE. Biermann has been a near total non-factor all season. His relentless motor is nice for a 3-4 OLB but for a 4-3 DE you need good pass rush moves which he simply does not have. Bolster the O-line, especially the interior linemen. They get abused every game and generate little movement on rushing plays. Get more targets for Ryan. Yesterday all he had was White to go to and it was very apparent. Inject some speed into the offense at receiver and half back because this offense is extremely slow.

The game last night was heart breaking. No one had a good game, except maybe roddy and weems. As of today, I'd be all for trading our entire d. But, if owens isn't out, then he needs to be lower down on the depth chart. And DeCoud pissed me off on the Kuhn TD he just turned his back let him go when he was clearly responsible for the flat. Lofton had to come over and cover his *** and nearly saved a TD. VanGorder's stupid @ss zone coverage that left a 30 yard pocket between the LBs and secondary while blitzing 3, REALLY? Rodgers picked that apart all game. I don't believe we stopped them on a meaningful 3rd down all game. VERY depressed. what an embarrassing way to end a good season..and we need another legitimate WR. all we have is roddy. And I'm ready for Hawley to take over, I mean for real, wtf was McClure doing on that 3rd and 1 when Ryan was trying to sneak for the 1st. ******** game. No wonder the media doesnt give us credit, when we get a chance to show them how much talent we have, we come out and lay an egg like that. Maybe I'm being irrational but I'm just a pissed off, heartbroken fan. I really thought we had something special this year

Who do I want to see gone? Fickle fans. :angry: The falcons have just given us one of the best seasons in the history of the franchise.

What do I want to see gone? Negative threads like this one :angry:

You didn't really understand why I wrote this... I like the way our regular season ended up. I'm not happy about last night, but it's the NFL. I'm not jumping ship, or being a "fickle fan". I am stating that there are positions that need upgraded. It's not a "sky is falling" thread, it's a "how can we get better thread". Maybe you should read through it before basing your opinion on the title alone...

I don't ever wanna see Owens in a Falcons uniform again. Like Houston last year, find someone who will take a chance on him and if not let him go.

Won't happen, but Van Gorder needs to go too. He's not an NFL DC and that was apparent last night.

Dahl is probably gone...McClure might be too.

Coleman, I know he's just a reserve at this stage, is probably done.

"Arthur Blank"

1-Please hire some talent this most talented guy on this team is "Roddy White"

2-Since we are stuck with "Matty your man Ice" he needs to be refined as in arm strength his ball does not have the speed of an Mike Vick or Aaron Rodgers he was the sexy pick. "you sucked up" you needed to wait on Mike Vick but you was scared of the Public Relations.

3. We all wanted Michael Turner but he needs a change of pace back. I pleaded with you all to draft Shon Green with NYJ he was on the board but you don't listen to the fans. His tires is blew now he will only regress.

4. We have never had an intimidating defense we have no team speed no freaks of nature. We need some 6'3- 4.3-4.4 speed at DB - The Safeties are okay. We need some Hogs in the middle. We need some DE's. Linebackers are so-so.Petersen old - John Abraham old

5. Were the fux was Tony Gonzalez before he faked that injury to retire.We need a true WR corps- with speed all this slow grind game is not scaring no one- It's Boring-

I'm not much for jumping ship, and I'm happy with the regular season, but it seems to me like there were a few players that are taking up roster spots and not paying off. Sometimes, you just need to cut your losses, and I think there are a few guys we could do without. It's nothing personal, but they seem to be more of a liability than anything. The 2 that pop right into my head are Owens and Williams.

Owens was TORCHED last night. He held, got called for PI more than once, and was overall horrible. I was never a big Owens fan, and last night reinforced that. The dude is horrible. My girlfriend would cover someone better than he did.

I know Williams was ok this year, but he lacks some basic fundamental skills needed to excel at his position. He is a horrible tackler. Horrible. I know Abe wiffed twice on Rodgers last night, but Williams can't seem to get his hands on the QB AT ALL. With our tendency to send him off the end(unblocked) he should be at least hitting the QB. In the 2nd Taints game, dude wiffed on Brees AT LEAST 4 times. That's ridiculous.

I say we get these two outta here and get a kid who can play the nickel. Grimes and D-Rob on the outside, and a decent Nickel would help our secondary a lot.

You.

I'm not much for jumping ship, and I'm happy with the regular season, but it seems to me like there were a few players that are taking up roster spots and not paying off. Sometimes, you just need to cut your losses, and I think there are a few guys we could do without. It's nothing personal, but they seem to be more of a liability than anything. The 2 that pop right into my head are Owens and Williams.

Owens was TORCHED last night. He held, got called for PI more than once, and was overall horrible. I was never a big Owens fan, and last night reinforced that. The dude is horrible. My girlfriend would cover someone better than he did.

I know Williams was ok this year, but he lacks some basic fundamental skills needed to excel at his position. He is a horrible tackler. Horrible. I know Abe wiffed twice on Rodgers last night, but Williams can't seem to get his hands on the QB AT ALL. With our tendency to send him off the end(unblocked) he should be at least hitting the QB. In the 2nd Taints game, dude wiffed on Brees AT LEAST 4 times. That's ridiculous.

I say we get these two outta here and get a kid who can play the nickel. Grimes and D-Rob on the outside, and a decent Nickel would help our secondary a lot.

Guest mashburn

100% it needs to be van gorder. all the dude knows how to do is say ZONE. he did it all season, he does it horrible when we go up by seven.

Dunta is not a zone person. so either van gorder is gone or we need to change up dunta and a couple other players to fit van gorder.

regardless owens needs to be gone, his one thing he did for us all season is draw penalties and be in the wrong place and miss tackles. horrible. last season he was barely ok, why do you think we got Dunta.

Abraham misses way to many tackles (I don't see this happening) but he puts no presure, ZERO.

anderson or peria jerry. there is to much there and I think bab and peters is enough. we have to much depth and don't even know if these guys can be good or suck like last night when they or called in (like owens).

------------------------------------------------

I think this was tony's last season. and did any one notice how matt ryan did after toony was hurt and done. matt started throwing like he used to. so matt can reach a higher peak point.

mier will make this a lot better.

we may need to fork some money nto a #1 WR FA, like fitz. but honestly we need to get a great Defense before all that happens.

to not say a "knee jerk" reaction.....it is safe to say after seeing all the games in preseason - regular season & playoffs of 08 & 10

Pass D is the worst!! Same effin coverage game after game.......BVG HAS to go ( sad but true - BTW: Eagles just fired their DC.......hmmm Sean .M what do you guys think?

lack of Pass Rush = Since we have so called "predator" NOW we need "terminator" & bierrman is not the answer.

Offensive Scheme - we are probably one of the worst teams in NFL....in throwing deep balls---that makes us too predictable v/s high caliber teams.

(may be hire a asst. OC who will assist Mularkey or just MM go as well)

WR # 2 - Junkins has to go....he is NOT a threat to anyone.

Sam Baker = he needs to go to himalayas & drive a effin bullock cart.......too slow & incompetent v/s heavy pass rushers.

C.Owens = needs to retire & be a janitor in a public hospital....sorry dude that's what you remind me ---- everytime I see you get burnt!

Edited by MattyIcy

Falcons get poor pass rush - check their sack stats vs. the league. They have weaknesses in the secondary (still). Those two things were exposed in the worst way last night.

To be fair, I think the defense's failures last night were about 90% scheme and 10% effort. BVG should have learned from the last time we played GB that you can't sit in a vanilla cover 2 and let Rodgers throw at you. We should have done SOMETHING to help defend those 15-20 yard passes over the middle. GB has brilliant coordinators, so there's no shame in our coordinators being outmatched. But to not get one punt the whole game is just absurd. BVG is not a good defensive mind, and this team won't win the big one until we have a very good DC.