I know some will disagree

falcon1fan

But I blame BVG for this one. Yes ryan had some bad plays, but good teams have the ability to overcome bad plays to win games. Why cant he ever play press coverage. On 3rd down and 5 or less why do we play zone with our corners off 7 yards. I am not just venting I have felt this way all year. its hard to blitz the qb when everything underneath is open and there is no disruption in timing. I hope this offseason that he is let go and we find someone who will bring in an agressive defense. There is enough blame to go around, but I know where I am putting mine.

If I had to pick one person, I'd agree. The blitz and the press go hand in hand. One without the other is like having a PBJ without the jelly.

I'll have to watch the film. But the ONE thing I noticed yesterday was that our defense was TOO still at the snap. We were just standing there flat footed. We had absolutely no motion going on. No "fake" blitzes, no floating guys off the LOS. Nothing.

Modern NFL defenses are based on disruption. Your goal is to confuse and disrupt an offense's timing, because any decent NFL offense will go right down the field on you if you don't. Part of that disruption needs to be based on confusion. Move guys around. Float them before the snap. At least get the QB THINKING about what you're gonna do. Don't just line up flat footed and wait for him to pick you apart. Be agressive. Or at least LOOK agressive.

A young lady at the bar I attended asked me; "Why are they back so far?" I explained to her the purpose for giving **** near 10 yards of cushion :angry: and she replied; "That's sounds dumb. All they have to do is just run a little bit and catch the ball!".

Yes little cute lady. You are right. <_<

But I blame BVG for this one. Yes ryan had some bad plays, but good teams have the ability to overcome bad plays to win games. Why cant he ever play press coverage. On 3rd down and 5 or less why do we play zone with our corners off 7 yards. I am not just venting I have felt this way all year. its hard to blitz the qb when everything underneath is open and there is no disruption in timing. I hope this offseason that he is let go and we find someone who will bring in an agressive defense. There is enough blame to go around, but I know where I am putting mine.

i'll agree with you. i said the same thing while i was watching the game. gb offense could not be stopped and it seemed like we couldn't do anything when rodgers passed the ball - not even get any sort of pressure..

i think we may have to start looking for a new d cord this off-season.

i think BVG needs to go....it was a horrible game plan in our biggest game...if philly can fire Mcdermott we can fire BVG!!!

Why is it after a loss people want to fire everyone? We lost to a team all the experts said we would lose to 3 short years after a total team rebuild.

Chris Owens was HORRIBLE.

Even when we got pressure, we didn't finish with a tackle.

Gonna have to give some credit to Rodgers. He's does very well against pressure. The thing is, he does very well when pressure comes and can't tackle.

Rush 8 = twice I recall not making the tackle on him in the backfield, resulting in a first down.

Rush 3/4 = Watch him sit back and have time to throw.

Also, did you guys see the 4 and 5 WR sets they ran... again, on us? Tough to blitz that.

Our passing D was our huge weakness all season. Packers exposed that. I don't know what BVG could have done to suddenly fix that.

I don't understand how we could be so successfull against a carbon copy offense of GB, the saints, by blitzing and playing more press coverage and then not do it against the Pack.

it was obvious to me that we needed to disrupt the timing of the WR, but giving free releases was killing us. Rodgers and his WR are very good at finding the holes in zones.

I won't blame BVD for not tackling the QB, that ish was awfull again and Rodgers always completed the pass after we whiffed.

rushing 3 never works...why,why,why do they do it? How did the Giants disrupt the great Tom Brady? they played bump and run and blitzed all game long.

I don't know if this is a Smitty mandate or both are to blame. but it is unacceptable.

I have never been one to start a fire this or that person thread, but BVG has to go. The worst part for me wasnt the first half. It unsettles me that there didnt seem to be any second half adjustments. I understand that I am not an nfl coordinator, but if it aint working change it. I know daunte can play press. Im not sure about Grimes with his size, but give him saftey help and he has great athletic ability and recovery speed. I would just like to see a little more man and a little less zone when there are pockets big enough to park a semi in. I just like most of you have an opinon and this is mine.

IDK if I blame BVG because I don't see what we really did wrong with our scheme. To me it was more of guys like Owens blowing their assignments. It wasn't that they had a bad assignment. Just that they were not good enough to handle it.

Exactly. It's hard to draw up any kind of defense when your guys aren't finishing plays and you are really limited to just 2 corners that can do the job...

Brian Van Gorder is a college coordiantor, playing stupid "bend but don't break D' all game while Rodgers picked us apart. We should have brought the heat all game and brought our corners up to play bump and run and keep GB from doing those stupid slant passes they did all night. And the fact Smitty sat there and let it continue bewilders me. BVG needs to be gone tomorrow. Unacceptable. Embarrassing. Produce or go home. This is the NFL and why you get paid the big bucks and we have sat around as a franchise too long with this mediocre junk. BVG goes tomorrow. We sign the CB from Oakland tomorrow and start looking for big men in the middle of the d-line to create a impact to free up DE for better rush. We go get us some LB's with some speed that can bring the wood and we go out next year and get our Lombardi trophy, that simple. And if those changes are'nt made then start looking at the men up top. If I was Arthur Blank I would be furious this morning. what an embarrassment to the city last night was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My grandmother would have dialed up a better game plan on defense than that garbage I watched last night. BVG needs to go, and we need to get some decent WR help besides White.One WR and a Tight End is not enough to win in the playoffs. Captain inconsistent (Jenkins) is a #3 0r #4 at best on most NFL teams. I should also mention that Gonzales is probably gone, so we are really screwed next year.

IDK if I blame BVG because I don't see what we really did wrong with our scheme. To me it was more of guys like Owens blowing their assignments. It wasn't that they had a bad assignment. Just that they were not good enough to handle it.

How bout only rushing 3 or 4,when we already did this last game against Rodgers and it didn't work?