Is this the most fraudulent #1 seed in history?

demburds

No. We earned out 13-3 record whilst playing one of the toughest schedules in the league. We won 4 games against playoff teams, and 5 games against "10 win" teams. We weren't a team that lucked in to the #1 seed by facing a cupcake schedule.

The NFC is a very tough conferecne at the moment, with not much separating the top 7 teams. Most #1 seeds get a home game against an overmatched opponent, but we drew a very dangerous Packer team that was the consesus pick to win the NFC Title this year. We just had a very bad day in the office, against a very good team.

No. We earned out 13-3 record whilst playing one of the toughest schedules in the league. We won 4 games against playoff teams, and 5 games against "10 win" teams. We weren't a tema that lucked in to the #1 seed by facing a cupcake schedule.

The NFC is a very tough conferecne at the moment, with not much separating the top 7 teams. Most #1 seeds get a home game against an overmatched opponent, but we drew a very dangerous Packer team that was the consesus pick to win the NFC Title this year. We just had a very bad day in the office, against a very good team.

.....again.

are you saying that they should have lost a game or 2 more and come in as a wild card?

Well I think it was a bit unfortunate that being #1 meant that we ended up playing the Packers, who are arguably the most in-form team in the NFL, certainly in the NFC...

Ok, so we would have had to have beaten them eventually, but maybe if we got to play someone else first (e.g. Seahawks) then we might have won a playoff game and there wouldn't be the same level of hysteria about Falcons being the worst team to ever compete in the NFL...

Well I think it was a bit unfortunate that being #1 meant that we ended up playing the Packers, who are arguably the most in-form team in the NFL, certainly in the NFC...

Ok, so we would have had to have beaten them eventually, but maybe if we got to play someone else first (e.g. Seahawks) then we might have won a playoff game and there wouldn't be the same level of hysteria about Falcons being the worst team to ever compete in the NFL...

some times a week off breaks a teams rhythm but its my opinion that the falcons were overrated. As the season came to a close they seemed to play more clumsly even though they managed to squeak out wins.GreenBay pulled out wins with many of there starters out due to injuries. They almost beat patriots with there back up Qb

some times a week off breaks a teams rhythm but its my opinion that the falcons were overrated. As the season came to a close they seemed to play more clumsly even though they managed to squeak out wins.GreenBay pulled out wins with many of there starters out due to injuries. They almost beat patriots with there back up Qb

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that the Falcons were not the best side in the NFC once the playoffs kicked off. We did deserve to be #1 seed because we won 13 games with quite a tough schedule, but perhaps we let our rhythm falter a bit towards the end of the season, and the elements of our game which allowed us to get narrow wins in the regular season (mentality, playcalling, luck etc) eluded us in the playoffs.

The thing I take issue with is this idea that because Falcons lost one game heavily, despite the season they'd had beforehand, suddenly so-called supporters feel justified in giving up on their team!

I understand your point, but I wouldn't call it fraudulent. I'd just say it highlights a flaw in the system of seeding the teams. On the other hand, how else would you do it? It's not going to be like the NCAA basketball tournament where a committee decides the seeding. Falcons just didn't live up the the billing. They were not as good as their record. Look at the stats. Very average to below average on defense. Offensive stats were mediocre too.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that the Falcons were not the best side in the NFC once the playoffs kicked off. We did deserve to be #1 seed because we won 13 games with quite a tough schedule, but perhaps we let our rhythm falter a bit towards the end of the season, and the elements of our game which allowed us to get narrow wins in the regular season (mentality, playcalling, luck etc) eluded us in the playoffs.

The thing I take issue with is this idea that because Falcons lost one game heavily, despite the season they'd had beforehand, suddenly so-called supporters feel justified in giving up on their team!

When the regular season ends and the playoffs start its like entering into a new season if you are one of the fornuate teams to make the playoffs