Calling Out Mike Smith

killamane

Everyone here on the boards are calling for changes in the OC and DC but why not the HC??

Overseer of what goes on, He knows what kind of gameplan we run, doesnt he recognize what goes wrong. Maybe the team is like this because Mike Smith is like this..

Dont flame me guys, just venting...

I don't think Smith is the problem although his calls on fourth down late in close games piss me off.

He needs to realize that if he sticks with these coordinators for too long, he will end up walking out of the door with them.

Don't let your view of consistency cost you your job. It may not happen this season but another 2 seasons with this kind of result will not go over well with Arthur.

3 years of same-old for defense? How long must we wait for BVG to tweak the right buttons? Obviously, I'm not as patient as others, because, our lack of ability to win playoff games is getting OLD. 3 years has been enough for me to see BVG and MM both are not Championship caliber coordinators.

Man-up, cut your losses and make the move to improve our defense to the next level.

Everyone here on the boards are calling for changes in the OC and DC but why not the HC??

Overseer of what goes on, He knows what kind of gameplan we run, doesnt he recognize what goes wrong. Maybe the team is like this because Mike Smith is like this..

He says that everyone is accountable. Lets see what happens. Smitty seems to always learn from his mistakes. I wish I could say the same for some of his staff. If he is OK with the predictability on off then you might have a point. I know he's a def guy, but anyone who's ever played Madden can be less predictable than the gameplan today.

3 winning seasons in a row that's why. No other coach could have done this for us. If they fire Smith he wouldn't make a day of unemployment.

So go back to flipping your burgers and leave football to the ones that know football.

3 winning seasons in a row that's why. No other coach could have done this for us. If they fire Smith he wouldn't make a day of unemployment.

So go back to flipping your burgers and leave football to the ones that know football.

Yo why do you have to be so hostile on a message board?? man i come in peace.

It may seem like im complaining but im just venting after a loss. Before of which i was pumped up about as a FAN. we lost big time, im hurt and just formulating ideas in which to better the team.Im here to voice my opinion and here for others to share some thoughts.

Relax i know it was a tough loss.

Also people like me are called fans of the NFL because we are so passionate of what our ideas should be of our team.

If people were like you, why have fans and why have dreams??

The owners of these teams want to make the fans happy, because happy fans equal more money. So what does a company do for consumers??

provide consumers the best product they can. Which in this case is...a football team.

I could be spending my money for Sux's crap but i spend my hard earned cash on the Falcons.

As as a consumer i demand my product to be the best **** ever. So as fans we tell the owner give us the best possible football team ever assembled.

Edited by killamane

Your point that "Maybe the team is like this because Mike Smith is like this" is a very legitimate one.

However, we shouldn't completely lose sight of everything that this team and staff has acheived. The NFC is very tough at the moment, with 7 evenly matched teams - so the playoffs were always going to be a crapshoot. We have an owner and GM who emphasise contunuity and who won't make changes too readily. They want a consistsnt comptetitor that can get to the playoffs and can be in the mix every year. We now have that, and are still a very good team.

I'm not a huge fan of MM or BVG, but I'm not convicned that a big overghaul is the answer. Radical changes may take us to the next level, but they are just as likely to take us backwards - to what we've been for our first 40 years.

We had a golden opportunity in the playoff 2 years ago and even more so this year, and we played our worst game of the season both times. Whislt I can see us sticking with the current staff including (MM and BVG)for now, it is for Coach Smith to set the tone and put a fire under MM and BVG by encouragign or ordering them to be more creative and agressive. Nothing less than a deep playoff run will do next next year.

It may seem like im complaining but im just venting after a loss. Before of which i was pumped up about as a FAN. we lost big time, im hurt and just formulating ideas in which to better the team.Im here to voice my opinion and here for others to share some thoughts.

Also people like me are called fans of the NFL because we are so passionate of what our ideas should be of our team.

The owners of these teams want to make the fans happy, because happy fans equal more money. So what does a company do for consumers??

provide consumers the best product they can. Which in this case is...a football team.

I could be spending my money for Sux's crap but i spend my hard earned cash on the Falcons.

As as a consumer i demand my product to be the best **** ever. So as fans we tell the owner give us the best possible football team ever assembled.

True that! I love this team, Smitty is the man, however I understand your point. I'd be pissed if we were playoff bound every year and kept losing like this but the truth is we are progressing more and more under Smith. It's not like we are stagnating, we are improving all the time, truth is we are probably another two drafts away from being a confident finals campaigner. If we still haven't won a playoff by then, then I'm with you brother. As for now I'm glad I got to support the team for two weeks longer than usual this year.

True that! I love this team, Smitty is the man, however I understand your point. I'd be pissed if we were playoff bound every year and kept losing like this but the truth is we are progressing more and more under Smith. It's not like we are stagnating, we are improving all the time, truth is we are probably another two drafts away from being a confident finals campaigner. If we still haven't won a playoff by then, then I'm with you brother. As for now I'm glad I got to support the team for two weeks longer than usual this year.

man, you guys dont understand, ive shut myself away from the football world a week before this game(No AFMB,No ESPN,No NFL network,No AJC sports page).I was that anxious and pumped.Also i had a dream the falcons won the super bowl but after this loss i just have to find a way to cope with the loss. I wasnt done watching more Falcons football.

And what makes it more worse is the potential NFL lockout.What if we dont get to see the Falcons improve from this.We are all anxious to see more improvement cuz we all know we are close to the promiseland!!

GUYS IM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!

Edited by killamane

I know your venting but your point is valid. If the people you have put in place to do a job arent getting it done and you dont replace them, then it all comes down to the HNIC. If Smith is happy with the off playcalling, it will be his a$$ thats on the the line. He is a good game manager and he made some mistakes early, but he does seem to learn from them. We have half the starting off in the probowl, more then the Pats or Pack. Yet we dont put up points like them. The prob aint with the players. Lets see what happens in the offseason, but ultimately it will be Smiths a$$.

man, you guys dont understand, ive shut myself away from the football world a week before this game(No AFMB,No ESPN,No NFL network,No AJC sports page).I was that anxious and pumped.Also i had a dream the falcons won the super bowl but after this loss i just have to find a way to cope with the loss. I wasnt done watching more Falcons football.

And what makes it more worse is the potential NFL lockout.What if we dont get to see the Falcons improve from this.We are all anxious to see more improvement cuz we all know we are close to the promiseland!!

GUYS IM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!

Man if there is a lockout, I'll freak out with you. I would even buy a playstation and Madden 11, then black out my windows and live vicariously through John Madden for the year. At least I could reset everytime the Falcs lose. Come to think of it, yeah I'm freaking out too!

I hope there is a lockout, I want this to stay in the minds of the entire organazation for as long as possible cuz they let the fans n city down.

How? By taking the team to it's best record in recent history? Today was disappointing but let's face it with the defence we had we overachieved this year. There's still more missing pieces there. At least we didn't lose to the only playoff team ever to post a losing record. We still better than the Aints

I never do anyway(live in western ny aka Bills country) so no big dif. I jst dnt have to watch other teams play like I'm usually forced to do.

You have the internet and/or you could get NFL ticket. Still, I don't see how any fan could wish for a lockout.

Edited by Mojo Risin

I'm not the hostile one. I'm not the one demanding someone to lose their job. I'm defending my team like a fan should not complain because the out come wasn't what they expected. We went 13-3, no reason for us to start firing coaches. I have faith in my team to only get better from now on. We got problems but firing Smith will only make things worse. Before this FO we were 3-13 and people begging Blank to sell the team. Now we have more pro-bowl players than any team and a very bright future.

Edited by Ga_spider

Green Bay out-coached the mess out of us, but I don't know that Smith or even the coordinators can take the blame for it. Green Bay's offense was basically tailor-made to beat the Falcons D. All pass, no run, QB can easily scramble = Falcons headache.

Smith has to take some blame, sure. He had the preparation against the Pack all wrong. He decided to play them like we played them in the regular season... but this GB team was different. This incarnation required more cunning than Mike Smith could provide.

That said, Mike Smith got us to the #1 seed. The man deserves to be our coach for many years to come.

I do have some questions for Mike Smith.

Why is a player like Chris Owens even on this team when the only play he seems to know how to make is PI.

Why do we only have one pass rusher on the DL? He is getting older and we are not sure how many years he has left.

Why has Jenkins never been upgraded? Jenkins is a first round pick that has been in the league for 7 years and still doesn't have a 100 yard game.

Edited by Brehus

I do have some questions for Mike Smith.

Why is a player like Chris Owens even on this team when the only play he seems to know how to make is PI.

Why do we only have one pass rusher on the DL? He is getting older and we are not sure how many years he has left.

Why has Jenkins never been upgraded? Jenkins is a first round pick that has been in the league for 7 years and still doesn't have a 100 yard game.

Cause this team is only three years old.