So the media was right all along.were

ATLfanintheROC

We r a joke n will continue 2 b until we win a SB, sadly our best chance was this yr. Now since were the worst #1 seed in NFL hisorty can y'all reall b mad @ ESPN n every other media outlet. We suck, we r pathetic, we r even bigger jokes. I guess y'all gonna tell me we won the division, really, wasn't the goal DALLAS OR BUST? Nuff said.

We r a joke n will continue 2 b until we win a SB, sadly our best chance was this yr. Now since were the worst #1 seed in NFL hisorty can y'all reall b mad @ ESPN n every other media outlet. We suck, we r pathetic, we r even bigger jokes. I guess y'all gonna tell me we won the division, really, wasn't the goal DALLAS OR BUST? Nuff said.

We went 13-3 this season,i mean come on,you gonna sit there and tell me that espn and other media outlets dont do the same to other teams? We played a good team tonight,and it should have turned out different,but this is the NFL and you ain't gonna win all the time.We all had high hopes for our falcons but we ran into a hot green bay team at the wrong time.This has happened in the past where a wild card team comes into the playoffs red hot and ends up going to the superbowl.We will make our changes,and will get better,it just takes time,rome wasn't built in a day,and neither will a superbowl winning falcons team.

We went 13-3 this season,i mean come on,you gonna sit there and tell me that espn and other media outlets dont do the same to other teams? We played a good team tonight,and it should have turned out different,but this is the NFL and you ain't gonna win all the time.We all had high hopes for our falcons but we ran into a hot green bay team at the wrong time.This has happened in the past where a wild card team comes into the playoffs red hot and ends up going to the superbowl.We will make our changes,and will get better,it just takes time,rome wasn't built in a day,and neither will a superbowl winning falcons team.

whatever. Even the **** AINTS have a superbowl ring. Rome my @ss.

We lost...no excuse me, we got DESTROYED at home after a bye as the #1 seed simply because we are the biggest frauds in NFC history. There was no excuse for tonight, only hard cold facts. And the hard cold facts are this: Matt Ryan is not anything close to being elite (and is a borderline choke artist) and our entire defensive philosophy is a complete failure. We are an 8-8 team that got lucky. Period.

We lost...no excuse me, we got DESTROYED at home after a bye as the #1 seed simply because we are the biggest frauds in NFC history. There was no excuse for tonight, only hard cold facts. And the hard cold facts are this: Matt Ryan is not anything close to being elite (and is a borderline choke artist) and our entire defensive philosophy is a complete failure. We are an 8-8 team that got lucky. Period.

So we can expect you not to be cheering for them anymore?The aints have a EXPLOSIVE offence,we dont,we have a time consuming offence.Were built for them long drives,the aints isn't.I knew everybody was going to be talking "but the saints have a superbowl ring,why can we not have one"because were not ready thats the truth.Hey,i love the birds and i'm more than sick to my stomach with the way they played tonight.But we'll get better.I mean is the only way this team is ever going to be considered good is if they win the superbowl?Thats the goal,i know,but give it time and we'll have a team that makes runs for it almost every year.So i expect all you bandwagon jumpers to be jumping back on in the future.

Atlanta can easily win a SB. It's just a matter of putting together a defense like the 02 Bucs or the 00 Ravens.

As long as this offense continues to lack the ability to produce explosive plays, given Ryan's lack of a deep ball I don't see that really changing, the defense is going to have to become a lot better to either keep the games close...and that's not a knock on the defense. The defense is decent. The offense's lack of explosive playmaking is just that bad.

Ryan would do well with that sort of defense because at the end of the day he's a manager. He generally doesn't screw up, the Falcons can generally run the ball, and that's the prototype for that sort of system.

Edited by btrain5489

Our defense might as well have stayed on the sidelines. The Packers were able to convert on 3rd down at will. Van Gorder needs to be gone. The entire defensive philosophy has proven to be a joke. How many #1 seeds are so ineffective against the pass??? Dunta Robinson and Christopher Owens should give their paychecks back. I am absolutely sickened by that pathetic showing last night.

This^

Total humiliation on National TV...AGAIN.

Same ol Falcons. Been watching this team find a way to lose for 35 years now.

Our defense might as well have stayed on the sidelines. The Packers were able to convert on 3rd down at will. Van Gorder needs to be gone. The entire defensive philosophy has proven to be a joke. How many #1 seeds are so ineffective against the pass??? Dunta Robinson and Christopher Owens should give their paychecks back. I am absolutely sickened by that pathetic showing last night.

I agree with everything you said here..........Dunta has been trash all season long,and Van Gorder for some reason,decided to stop doing what would have worked after the first series of the game on D.

This^

Total humiliation on National TV...AGAIN.

Same ol Falcons. Been watching this team find a way to lose for 35 years now.

Exactly how I feel,had this been the 08 season,I would have felt alot better after losing last night,would have said,look what we accomplished after what happened with the whole Vick/Petrino thing,but this is 3 years later and we were the number one seed in the conference and got trashed,AT HOME,and laid an egg,AGIAN on National TV,THIS IS WHY THE NATIONAL MEDIA NEVER PAYS ANY RESPECT TO US............JUST LIKE ALWAYS,WE ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO LOSE,WHEN IT MATTERS MOST..........I am seriuosly questioning my loyalty as a fan of this franchise,much like I did back in the late 90's with the Braves,but atleast they DID when one championship.

Jason Starks wasn't impressive, and that was brought up numerous times. So they were wrong about that.

However, everything else clicked for them so who cares?

I thought Starks was completely effective, it almost seemed like the focus of the Atlanta defense was to stop the run and the point of the running back is to keep the defense honest and I thought he completely did that

PLEASE SWALLOW MY THOUGHT PROVOKING "FLUID" FALCONS FANS. YOUR "TEAM" FINISHED THE SEASON 11-5. BOTH GAMES AGAINST THE BUCCANEERS WERE RIGGED BY THE NFL AND THE REF'S. YOU KNOW IT AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE, IT'S OKAY THOUGH, WE HAVE TO GO POLISH OUR LOMBARDI TROPHY..I HAVE SOMETHING THAT I'LL LET YOU ALL POLISH IN LIEU OF A SUPER BOWL TROPHY. I'LL GET IT LUBED UP FOR YOU AND YOU CAN RUN YOUR HANDS ALL OVER MY "TROPHY"..BUH-BYE NOW...

"Total humiliation on National TV...AGAIN."

WHO CARES?!

Surely the annoying thing is that we lost, not that it was on TV? Such a bizarre attitude. I really wonder about people who are ready to abandon these players after the great season they had. I think the 2nd post on here puts it across well.

When I think of the way sport is set-up in my own country, I don't think you know you're born. I support a team that has never won anything since I have been alive (26 years), and in the last 5 years they have been relegated (not even a concept in the States) twice... and yet people still support them. The reaction of some people on these boards to losing one game makes me quite sick.

I thought Starks was completely effective, it almost seemed like the focus of the Atlanta defense was to stop the run and the point of the running back is to keep the defense honest and I thought he completely did that

25 carries for 66 yards.

Rodgers destroyed us with the passing game. Starks got 1 or 2 first downs and didn't do squat in the red zone.

Atlanta can easily win a SB. It's just a matter of putting together a defense like the 02 Bucs or the 00 Ravens.

As long as this offense continues to lack the ability to produce explosive plays, given Ryan's lack of a deep ball I don't see that really changing, the defense is going to have to become a lot better to either keep the games close...and that's not a knock on the defense. The defense is decent. The offense's lack of explosive playmaking is just that bad.

Ryan would do well with that sort of defense because at the end of the day he's a manager. He generally doesn't screw up, the Falcons can generally run the ball, and that's the prototype for that sort of system.

WOW! WHAT A SUCCINCT STATEMENT: "ATLANTA CAN EASILY WIN A SUPER BOWL. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF PUTTING TOGETHER..." BLAH BLAH BLAH, YEAH, THE SAME GOES FOR EVERY OTHER TEAM. IT'S SIMPLE TO WIN A SUPER BOWL. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WIN ONE...SEE HOW MUCH SENSE THAT STATEMENT MAKES? PLEASE SWALLOW MY THOUGHT PROVOKING "FLUID." BTW, YOUR "TEAM" COULDN'T COME CLOSE TO POLISHING THE "JOCKSTRAPS" OF THE '02 BUCCANEERS. GET REAL, AND HAVE VANILLA ICE...ER, UH, "MATTIE-ICE," SHAVE HIS NUTS.

25 carries for 66 yards.

Rodgers destroyed us with the passing game. Starks got 1 or 2 first downs and didn't do squat in the red zone.

I doesn't matter, if a running back causes the defense to game plan or think about his status on plays he is doing his job and you could clearly see that Atlanta was focused on stopping the run. 25 for 66 yards doesn't indicate the impact he has on the minds of the players, Eddie George made a **** fine career on 25 for 66 yards, but the difference is Tennessee would feed him the ball 35 times a game and he'd have 35 carries for 105 yards

I doesn't matter, if a running back causes the defense to game plan or think about his status on plays he is doing his job and you could clearly see that Atlanta was focused on stopping the run. 25 for 66 yards doesn't indicate the impact he has on the minds of the players, Eddie George made a **** fine career on 25 for 66 yards, but the difference is Tennessee would feed him the ball 35 times a game and he'd have 35 carries for 105 yards

They could feed Starks the rock for 2 yards, or throw out 4/5 WR sets for 10+ yards almost every time.

That's all about our poor pass D and a great QB. Not Jason Starks.

They could feed Starks the rock for 2 yards, or throw out 4/5 WR sets for 10+ yards almost every time.

That's all about our poor pass D and a great QB. Not Jason Starks.

I agree but without Starks being effective a week ago, there would be little to no time spent on stopping the run but you could clearly see last night that there was an emphasis on stopping the run, none more evident when Rodgers did a play action and Grimes bit so hard he was back at the line of scrimmage before he realized Starks didn't have the ball

I agree but without Starks being effective a week ago, there would be little to no time spent on stopping the run but you could clearly see last night that there was an emphasis on stopping the run, none more evident when Rodgers did a play action and Grimes bit so hard he was back at the line of scrimmage before he realized Starks didn't have the ball

Sounds like you're arguing that they have a runner. What I heard, from talking heads, was how they found a running game.

Rodgers dominated us with the passing game. Starks still didn't do much. Kuhn banged it in at the goal line. Starks didn't.

Sounds like you're arguing that they have a runner. What I heard, from talking heads, was how they found a running game.

Rodgers dominated us with the passing game. Starks still didn't do much. Kuhn banged it in at the goal line. Starks didn't.

I think he is a runner and now that Rodgers tore it up this week, next week there will be the emphasis by Seattle or Chicago to stop Rodgers and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Starks have a very nice game

I will guarantee you one thing. If the roles had been reversed last night Green Bay fans wouldn't be calling their team a joke this morning. They would be praising their players, feeling sad about it, and getting ready to cheer next season. I think it's sad that "fans" can call "their" team a "joke" after a 14-4 season record.

We ran into a buzz saw last night, Green Bay had been the hottest team in the league for the last 4 weeks. It happens, ask that undefeated Patriots team.

A dominating loss hurts but I still love my team as much this morning as I loved them yesterday morning.

31 teams have to lose every year, we just weren't quite ready for the big time yet.