This game proves the Falcons ARE 4H...

HAPLESS

HOPELESS

HELPLESS

and

HUMILIATED

This game proves Skip Bayless unfortunately - this year - was right about the Falcons all along

This game moved to center stage the Falcons glaring voids on Offense and Defense that need to be filled for this team to play with the NFL Elite and stop being a lucky pretender

Look at all the players and many starters on both sides of the ball Green Bay lost this year--and through superior coaching and remaining key base talent they were able to make lemonade out of lemons still

Can YOU imagine what would have happen to the Falcons this year with the same injuries at the same positions???

The 1 positive from this game..... that the pain and humiliation and embarrassment from this awful loss SHOULD MOTIVATE the GM and owner and HEAD COACH of this team to reach the only valid conclusion that they need to take DRASTIC action this off-season to fill certain Offensive and Defensive voids ----beginning with getting a new Offensive Coordinator AND Defensive Coordinator, getting a new fast HOME RUN hitting RB to share the carries with Turner, a new TE as Tony G will retire after this game, and an additional #1 type receiver to play opposite R White

+ addl D-line pass rushing talent

If you dont have the resources and draft picks to fix the Defense -then AT LEAST--get the Offense fixed by adding some addl key players and a New OC. This team HAS to be ability (and playcalling) to score points quickly in this league - you cant have an offense that if it gets down by 14 points or more-its game over because it is too tedious and methodical with the OC's play calling and the OFF is definitely missing a few finishing pieces----- MATT RYAN---is good and can get better Ryan a few new key weapons --especially a home run hitting type RB to go along with Turner---we are going no where in the playoffs if we get there again with 2 slow bruiser backs.

Edited by VegasFalconFan2009

HAPLESS

HOPELESS

HELPLESS

and

HUMILIATED

This game proves Skip Bayless unfortunately - this year - was right about the Falcons all along

This game moved to center stage the Falcons glaring voids on Offense and Defense that need to be filled for this team to play with the NFL Elite and stop being a lucky pretender

Look at all the players and many starters on both sides of the ball Green Bay lost this year--and through superior coaching and remaining key base talent they were able to make lemonade out of lemons still

Can YOU imagine what would have happen to the Falcons this year with the same injuries at the same positions???

The 1 positive from this game..... that the pain and humiliation and embarrassment from this awful loss SHOULD MOTIVATE the GM and owner and HEAD COACH of this team to reach the only valid conclusion that they need to take DRASTIC action this off-season to fill certain Offensive and Defensive voids ----beginning with getting a new Offensive Coordinator AND Defensive Coordinator, getting a new fast HOME RUN hitting RB to share the carries with Turner, a new TE as Tony G will retire after this game, and an additional #1 type receiver to play opposite R White

+ addl D-line pass rushing talent

If you dont have the resources and draft picks to fix the Defense -then AT LEAST--get the Offense fixed by adding some addl key players and a New OC. This team HAS to be ability (and playcalling) to score points quickly in this league - you cant have an offense that if it gets down by 14 points or more-its game over because it is too tedious and methodical with the OC's play calling and the OFF is definitely missing a few finishing pieces----- MATT RYAN---is good and can get better Ryan a few new key weapons --especially a home run hitting type RB to go along with Turner---we are going no where in the playoffs if we get there again with 2 slow bruiser backs.

So you think we need to replace a bunch of parts on the offense, even though they were clearly not why we lost this game. When your D cannot force a team to punt ONCE in an entire game, you are never going to win. The offense never had a chance to get going.

Here is the most important thing to how we have won: Turner gets 20 carries, he almost always gets 100 yards, and we almost always win. He can't get those carries when the D can't get their azzes off the f'n field.

The Defense has played good a decent bit this year-- yeah the sucked tonight-- no question

Brian VG put together a bad plan and did not prepare his players very well

Given what this game meant he should be fired fir that performance

The offense has NEVER showed this year it can quick strike TD's against good teams

My belief is most of that is the OC

So you think we need to replace a bunch of parts on the offense, even though they were clearly not why we lost this game. When your D cannot force a team to punt ONCE in an entire game, you are never going to win. The offense never had a chance to get going.

Here is the most important thing to how we have won: Turner gets 20 carries, he almost always gets 100 yards, and we almost always win. He can't get those carries when the D can't get their azzes off the f'n field.

Offense and defense go hand in hand. The longer an offense can sustain drives means the longer the opposing teams offense is on the sideline, cooling off, also the more time your defense has to rest and stay relatively fresh.

The Defense has played good a decent bit this year-- yeah the sucked tonight-- no question

Brian VG put together a bad plan and did not prepare his players very well

Given what this game meant he should be fired fir that performance

The offense has NEVER showed this year it can quick strike TD's against good teams

My belief is most of that is the OC

BS. This offense scored quick to win games against good teams... Baltimore and GB just off the top of my head.

Besides, as the quick score on the KR tonight showed... scoring fast doesn't mean s^%t if your D is just gonna let the other team eat up clock and score on you.

Take out the short field on on the 1st fumble for our 1st TD

And 1 special teams TD and what happened on "regular" straight up offense the rest of the game???

BS. This offense scored quick to win games against good teams... Baltimore and GB just off the top of my head.

Besides, as the quick score on the KR tonight showed... scoring fast doesn't mean s^%t if your D is just gonna let the other team eat up clock and score on you.

And 1 special teams TD and what happened on "regular" straight up offense the rest of the game???

You have to HAVE the ball to play offense. ;)

Hard to get the offense going when the D is getting worked all the way down the field, scoring drive after scoring drive after, etc, etc, etc.

We had the ball plenty of times and we punted many times and when we didnt punt on stalled drives we turned the ball over----4 TIMES

You have to HAVE the ball to play offense. ;)

Hard to get the offense going when the D is getting worked all the way down the field, scoring drive after scoring drive after, etc, etc, etc.

We had the ball plenty of times and we punted many times and when we didnt punt on stalled drives we turned the ball over----4 TIMES

And they still put points on the board. Now imagine if the D had done their job just once or twice in the entire game... T.O.P. was nearly 40 min-GB to 20 min-ATL... had we actually forced them to punt, maybe our offense could've gotten the momentum going to change the outcome.

that's a good point.

just my .02, but both our coordinators were outmatched today. if smitty remains loyal to our coordinators, get used to more of the same. mularkey i am OK with but BVG is just not good, but again, that could be more smitty than him. smitty may insist on a passive, soft zone defense, and if that is the case, jetting BVG won't accomplish much.

Actually it just proves our ancient f**king offensive scheme got us some lucky wins this season. SPEED...SPEED...NEW OC...and more SPEED is what we need. God dam I hate our offense.

The offense scored 14 points even w/ all the mishaps. Other than the 1st drive, the defense couldn't end a drive for the rest of the game. Yet, you think the offense was the problem?

I will say this, we rely FAR too much on the ground game. When it is taken away, we lose. That is a fact. When Turner gets 20 carries, he usually gets 100 yards, and we usually win. We are about 50/50 when he's held for less than that. When we HAD to pass late in the game, and HAD to run a mostly no huddle because of a lack of time, we were successful. We have the players and the system, it just needs some minor tweaks.

The offense scored 14 points even w/ all the mishaps. Other than the 1st drive, the defense couldn't end a drive for the rest of the game. Yet, you think the offense was the problem?

I will say this, we rely FAR too much on the ground game. When it is taken away, we lose. That is a fact. When Turner gets 20 carries, he usually gets 100 yards, and we usually win. We are about 50/50 when he's held for less than that. When we HAD to pass late in the game, and HAD to run a mostly no huddle because of a lack of time, we were successful. We have the players and the system, it just needs some minor tweaks.

Dude I hate our offense, and have said as much DURING the season. We cannot win shoot out type games. Yes our defense was sh*t tonight. A big peanut roasted bag full of sh*t. Our offense is what is supposed to carry our team. We have zero speed on offense outside of Roddy White. Aaron Rodgers doesn't need a run game, yet we play like the 1970 Steelers. I hate it...I hate the 3 yards and a cloud of dust...I HATE THIS ANCIENT SH*T.

if you stop any offense's main weapon, you will probably lose. if you stop Aaron Rodgers, GB probably loses. I like the way our offense works, even when Turner has been held to a low amount of yards, Ryan has generally got us a W.

Our D is the problem, period. That said, most of it is the scheme and playcalling. We have plenty of talent, but the constant bend but don't break crap just lets teams march down the field on us. People hype Matt Ryan's 4th quarter comebacks, but the fact is he shouldn't have to constantly be doing that crap. I understand not wanting to give up the big play, but constantly having everyone play back and give up 1st downs over and over again is just dumb. Other teams run the ball enough to where this hasn't burned us too bad, until you run into a team like GB or new england, who throws the ball constantly. our secondary is not being put into a position where they can succeed.

Dude I hate our offense, and have said as much DURING the season. We cannot win shoot out type games. Yes our defense was sh*t tonight. A big peanut roasted bag full of sh*t. Our offense is what is supposed to carry our team. We have zero speed on offense outside of Roddy White. Aaron Rodgers doesn't need a run game, yet we play like the 1970 Steelers. I hate it...I hate the 3 yards and a cloud of dust...I HATE THIS ANCIENT SH*T.

if you hate our offense go play tecmo bowl or something, then you can have all the 60 yard pass plays you want. in a pass happy league, our offense is critical because ball control is big. it also is a big part of our turnover ratio being so good.

Also, you draft and groom players based on what kind of scheme you have. If we had GB's offense, Matt Ryan wouldn't be as effective. He's got a good arm, but not a cannon, and he's a smart QB. By the way, this team already tried the run and shoot for many years. our offense is fine the way it is. also, our coordinators aren't half as good as Green Bay's. Even if we changed everything and tried slinging it down the field all day, we wouldn't be nearly as good at it.

Out-coached, Out-matched, Out-played

DC need to be Out of here

Hopefully we will fire DC Brian Van Gorder within a week like Philly did in firing Sean McDermott

if you stop any offense's main weapon, you will probably lose. if you stop Aaron Rodgers, GB probably loses. I like the way our offense works, even when Turner has been held to a low amount of yards, Ryan has generally got us a W.

Our D is the problem, period. That said, most of it is the scheme and playcalling. We have plenty of talent, but the constant bend but don't break crap just lets teams march down the field on us. People hype Matt Ryan's 4th quarter comebacks, but the fact is he shouldn't have to constantly be doing that crap. I understand not wanting to give up the big play, but constantly having everyone play back and give up 1st downs over and over again is just dumb. Other teams run the ball enough to where this hasn't burned us too bad, until you run into a team like GB or new england, who throws the ball constantly. our secondary is not being put into a position where they can succeed.

if you hate our offense go play tecmo bowl or something, then you can have all the 60 yard pass plays you want. in a pass happy league, our offense is critical because ball control is big. it also is a big part of our turnover ratio being so good.

Also, you draft and groom players based on what kind of scheme you have. If we had GB's offense, Matt Ryan wouldn't be as effective. He's got a good arm, but not a cannon, and he's a smart QB. By the way, this team already tried the run and shoot for many years. our offense is fine the way it is. also, our coordinators aren't half as good as Green Bay's. Even if we changed everything and tried slinging it down the field all day, we wouldn't be nearly as good at it.

Why can't we be good at it? We play in a dome. Dome = 70+ degrees, no snow, no ice, no rain, no bad weather. Brady doesn't have a cannon and runs a spread type offense. Bree's doesn't have a cannon, but he runs a spread offense. Our play book doesn't even qualify for Tecmo bowl.

Why can't we be good at it? We play in a dome. Dome = 70+ degrees, no snow, no ice, no rain, no bad weather. Brady doesn't have a cannon and runs a spread type offense. Bree's doesn't have a cannon, but he runs a spread offense. Our play book doesn't even qualify for Tecmo bowl.

Both those guys have a stronger arm than ryan, and to make that scheme work, you have to have a very bright OC. We have a good, but not great one. There's a reason only 2 or 3 teams in the NFL run a pass heavy offense and succeed and they all have 3 things: a solid OL, a brilliant coaching staff, and a marquee QB. We basically have 1 and a half of those 3 things, so again, even if we tried that, it wouldn't work for us as well.

There is one thing that will always hamper this team that can never be changed. That is having the word "Atlanta" next to their name. It's like a conspiracy in pro sports or something. Only one team with that word in front of their name was ever got it right and that happened in 1995. I don't think it will ever occur again in our lifetime. Even if we get a new OC, DC, better defense, etc there will still be some overwhelming deficiency somewhere somehow. I'm telling ya it's a conspiracy. Ok I don't really believe that but d@mn I'm tired of never getting it done. At least make it close when you lose.

There is one thing that will always hamper this team that can never be changed. That is having the word "Atlanta" next to their name. It's like a conspiracy in pro sports or something. Only one team with that word in front of their name was ever got it right and that happened in 1995. I don't think it will ever occur again in our lifetime. Even if we get a new OC, DC, better defense, etc there will still be some overwhelming deficiency somewhere somehow. I'm telling ya it's a conspiracy. Ok I don't really believe that but d@mn I'm tired of never getting it done. At least make it close when you lose.

I've given up on the falcons getting as SB, it'll make ur life easy.

I've given up on the falcons getting as SB, it'll make ur life easy.