BVG must GO!

New Hope Eagle

In the biggest game in 10 years our defense played the worst game I can ever recall.

If BVG is not exposed after this game, then we are doomed. He had no answer for GB today and even

the announcers said so.

Where was the aggressive style we played against NO 3 weeks ago? We missed tackles, assignments. How

can receivers be that open with 8 men back in coverage.

Shake things up and play man occassionally, especially on the blitz. And why are our LB's never in the

backfield? seems odd to me.

How can a defensive minded head coach put up with such mediocrity?

Every falcon position should up for grabs next season, from coaches to players. That is how championship caliber teams are built.

I'm not usually one to come after the play-callers or to blame one specific person for anything, but boy did BVG call a terrible game today. I might go back and watch the first game and then this one (if I feel like torturing myself all over again) and compare the defensive schemes we ran in that game to this game. They looked extremely similar. We would rush three, give Rodgers all day, get picked apart. Then we'd blitz 5 or 6 guys, not get there consistently, let him extend the play and get picked apart some more.

I can't believe we had all that time to prepare for this game, even though we only knew it was going to be GB for this past week, and came out and played like that on defense. Absolutely pathetic.

I'm not usually one to come after the play-callers or to blame one specific person for anything, but boy did BVG call a terrible game today. I might go back and watch the first game and then this one (if I feel like torturing myself all over again) and compare the defensive schemes we ran in that game to this game. They looked extremely similar. We would rush three, give Rodgers all day, get picked apart. Then we'd blitz 5 or 6 guys, not get there consistently, let him extend the play and get picked apart some more.

I can't believe we had all that time to prepare for this game, even though we only knew it was going to be GB for this past week, and came out and played like that on defense. Absolutely pathetic.

It speaks volumes to how we are offensively and defensively built. Conservative and simplistic. We really are team that runs the same ish every week and just think that our players can beat their players. Missing bells and whistles. We are not able to create deception or anything of the sort.

In the biggest game in 10 years our defense played the worst game I can ever recall.

If BVG is not exposed after this game, then we are doomed. He had no answer for GB today and even

the announcers said so.

Where was the aggressive style we played against NO 3 weeks ago? We missed tackles, assignments. How

Shake things up and play man occassionally, especially on the blitz. And why are our LB's never in the

Every falcon position should up for grabs next season, from coaches to players. That is how championship caliber teams are built.

Go screw yourself.

That was terrible defense out there tonight. 31 of 36, no punts. Also, didnt tell his players to rush the passer "under control" .. we havnt learned anything about Aaron Rodgers. The guy is nimble as ****, you must close him down slowly.

You may blame the players for missing 5 sacks, but I blame BVG. Hes the one who should be emphasizing these things. Telling our free rushers to break it down and keep Rodgers contained.

Its understandable all this negativity but lets not forget Aaron Rodgers has been pretty darn good the last 3 weeks and it just happend to have a huge night against us.Sure I'm disappointed but we just ran into Rodgers on the wrong night and got dusted.So I feel while our defense got ripped apart tonight we have to take the good with the bad and I think people are to quick to throw others under the bus.

Do we settle for 13-3 and a National Embarrassment for a playoff game every year? Is that enough for you as a fan?

Ask yourself what a Bellichek would do with a coordinator that failed so miserably?

I'm sorry, playoff failures are not the mark of a championship team. Arizona 2 years ago, GB this year, who to we get out-coached by in next year's playoffs?

At some point, you make adjustments to up your game, to press for the Higher Goal. This sometimes calls for the tough decision to be made, in this case, make the right decision.

Let BVG find greener pastures at the college level somewhere and bring in a forward thinking Defensive Coordinator. NO PUNTS? How many sacks? How many missed sacks? How many receivers caught the ball without a defensive hat within 8 yards of him tonight?

Can we blame the players for this total failure of Defense?

They more than doubled our score in the Dome?

Perhaps neutral works for you, not so much for me.

People like to tout our scoring defense stats, but most of that is done in the red zone, where the intermediate routes over the middle that we give up ALL DAY LONG don't apply anymore.

BVG at times has done alright...I liked what he did in our 2nd game against the Stains, but for the most part he's way too passive. However, this might be Smitty - he may not want an aggressive DC so canning BVG might not accomplish a heck of a lot.

Do we settle for 13-3 and a National Embarrassment for a playoff game every year? Is that enough for you as a fan?

Ask yourself what a Bellichek would do with a coordinator that failed so miserably?

I'm sorry, playoff failures are not the mark of a championship team. Arizona 2 years ago, GB this year, who to we get out-coached by in next year's playoffs?

At some point, you make adjustments to up your game, to press for the Higher Goal. This sometimes calls for the tough decision to be made, in this case, make the right decision.

Let BVG find greener pastures at the college level somewhere and bring in a forward thinking Defensive Coordinator. NO PUNTS? How many sacks? How many missed sacks? How many receivers caught the ball without a defensive hat within 8 yards of him tonight?

Can we blame the players for this total failure of Defense?

They more than doubled our score in the Dome?

Perhaps neutral works for you, not so much for me.

He can't make the players he blitzes tackle... seriously how many times did we miss Rodgers not his fault.

If you miss tackles and cant generate pressure with your front 4 a good QB will destroy you... CB's can't cover forever (Owens the exception he just tackles immediately)

I firmly believe this one was on the players they didn't execute at all

The one complaint with the coordinators is I don't know why we abandoned the run in the 2nd

Would it not be incumbent upon the DC to pound it into the players in 2 weeks of practice and preparation to scream "CONTAIN, CONTAIN, CONTAIN?" Rodgers is slippery so you must get back to the fundamentals and wrap him up on the blitz?

The players missed a bunch of tackles, but it appears more obvious that our defensive schemes were so poorly planned that TV announcers can call you out.

3 years of less than stellar defense and 2 playoff game blowouts are enough for me to say BVG is not the right man for this job.

Draft some talent, bring in a DC that can lead them higher.

If you remember our Gritz Blitz, not a lot of big names, but they had a coach that got the best out of them and they STOPPED offenses.

i dont see how you could blame BVG. the zone stuff annoyed me, so he gets blame there, but no one was wrapping up their players. if you dont know how to tackle, then it is not the DC fault. so many times guys would not wrap up rodgers and he would wiggle out.

Edited by GEORGlAfan

the announcers said so.

Seriously why don't you try and leaern something about the game before you post idiotic comments.

THE AGGRESSIVE STYLE we played against N.O. 3 weeks ago guess you miss that game we lost remember DUH

Do you even read what you write??

"How can a defensive minded head coach put up with such mediocrity?" What do you want him to do fire the whole defense???

While there are things that a lots of fans on the AFMB ar not happy with BVG about. At the level he should not be having to teach players how to wrap up players or how to tackle. The lost last night was a TEAM loss we sucked on offense and defense. There was bad play calling as well as just bad playing by MEN who call themselves Professional Athletes.

The bye week killed us we came back and just could not remember how to play football plain and simple.

i dont see how you could blame BVG. the zone stuff annoyed me, so he gets blame there, but no one was wrapping up their players. if you dont know how to tackle, then it is not the DC fault. so many times guys would not wrap up rodgers and he would wiggle out.

I'm with you. Missed sacks led to 21 points on drives that should have never happened. The same as last time so you know they were told to wrap up. I blamed Williams last time. It gets to the point where its 3rd n 20 and I know they will get it. I give AR credit but he did the same thing last time. You know he's gonna step up, so at least take the forward pocket away and make him throw moving back. If we make those sacks the game is very dif. Most of those were on 3rd down and would have forced punts. They didn't miss those on Ryan. At least BVG puts his players in a position to make plays. ALL MM does is waste talent.

Shake things up and play man occasionally, especially on the blitz. And why are our LB's never in the

Even though we played aggressive and made some plays against the Aint's, we still missed sacks from the DE position and blitzes on the QB. If you could rewind both games you would see how we continually failed to make the tackle on the QB off a blitz. It's easy to blame BVG but personnel issues are the problem. KB can not pass rush and we have no depth in the secondary. B Williams could not blitz and sack the QB but at least he could cover. C. Owens can do neither. My only problem with BVG is that he can not recognize that both D. Robinson and C. Owens are press coverage DB and that he puts them at a disadvantage by having them play off...hence a lack of pass rush when we do not blitz.

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

Actually, it IS the DC's fault, and the positional coach's fault. Their JOBS are to train, instruct, and COACH the players. Tackling has been a problem all year long: it never improved. The coaches are directly responsible for the lack of technique exhibited by our players.

Say what you want about ol' Dan Reeves, but under him our players were technically sound in all three phases of the game. Monday-Friday, Dan Reeves was a hall of fame coach.

the announcers said so.

Unfortunately I agree, I'm not one to cut off your nose despite your face, but what the Pack did to this defence today was disgraceful. That was peewee $hit