So who's gonna eat some of this crow with me? This thing is bigger than I thought it was.

Dusty

Let me start off by saying this; I am a Falcons fan. I am no stranger to these types of moments. It is nothing new to me to have the rug yanked from under me. Next season, my enthusiasm will be just as high on my team.

But I gotta hand it to the media. They were spot on. I mean they had us pegged to the tee.

I just b!@ched and moaned about how much they propped up Green Bay and just dismissed us like we never even existed. How dare they pretend a 6 seed is more superior than a #1. We are the Falcons! Did they not see our regular season record? Sure they did. And they, apparently knew and had come to grips with what I had been in denial of for a long time......The Atlanta Falcons don't deserve ANY respect or credit for accomplishment until they prove themselves.

So, to Rod Woodson, Chris Berman, Rich Eisen, Mike Lombardi, Packer fans, Saints fans and everybody else who could see what i could not. I now see clearly. I really thought that this team would take that disrespect personally. They didn't. I did. They didn't.

So from now on, i will not heckle another team or expound on the superiority of mine. Not until they show me something wort losing my voice for again.

For years and years the Falcons, Saints and Buccaneers were the laughing stock of the NFL. Out of the 3, the Falcons have always been considered the "best" of the least. Well, Tampa went to the Super bowl and won the 1st time! So did New Orleans. Even Carolina showed up and made an appearance quicker than we did as a franchise. Yet we can't even punch through the sack.

*sigh* Crow tastes nasty. :(

Edited by Nat Turner

I mean, we were never that good to begin with, we werent out here smashing folks all season - I dont know what to do really - it is just sad that u cant figure out why some cities have these great teams year in and year out almost and they dont have constant theyll swith coaches, players, staff etc. but still be good team year in and year out

As much as I hate to..I'll take a bite...Trust me, my Jets,Steeler fan friends are feeding me spoonfuls...but I'm definetly gonna cut down on the trash talk (although I'm so good at it) until we really dominate against good teams or hold up the Lombardi...We're moving in the right direction so I know our day will come.

Already getting ready to change my avatar on two other websites. As far as posting there after that, I don't think I'll be doing that.

Not many falcons fans there anywhere. So when the team/Atlanta is ridiculed, I'm the only one defending it. 1 vs. thousands aren't good odds now. :lol:

I'm going to mention a positive from yesterday's loss. I saved 13% on my DVR when I got home from the game and deleted it.

YAY! HAPPY SPIN!

If you put some hot sauce on it it's not too bad.Why did the Falcons this year remind me so much of the Braves? Winning games by the slimmest of margins,no confidence from the national media,,but yet I continued to believe and talk them up.However when it came down to crunch time they choked.Next year I will continue to be a diehard fan....... a quiet diehard fan.

I've sat through many darker days than this in my 42 years as a Falcon fan. The thing that is different this time though is that I think the future is still very bright. This isn't a flash in the pan season to be followed by years of mediocrity like the past teams were. The Falcons will be in the hunt for years to come.

I am going to take a break from the boards for awhile though. Not because I'm giving up on my team, I haven't in 42 years and I'm not about to now, but because I just can't stomach the finger pointing, sky is falling, we need to rebuild threads that I'm sure are already here and will be coming in droves the next few weeks.

Edited by FalcFanSinceSix!!

Contrary to popular belief, the media wasnt right about this team, This team had more heart this season than any other Falcons team Ive watched, and any other team in the league

Mike Smith was right, Green Bay was the better team, Better coached team, The entire coaching staff should be ashamed for that game plan they arrived with that was two weeks in the making

I dont believe for a second that the media was right about this team

To DMT1101, crazy talk, A win is a win, and this team found ways to do it,that in itself made this team a GREAT team, the playoffs are a different beast, and the coaches simply let the players down

When the plan they had failed they had no plan, thats coaching,period.Even the announcers pleaded for Van Gorder to do something.

Contrary to popular belief, the media wasnt right about this team, This team had more heart this season than any other Falcons team Ive watched, and any other team in the league

Mike Smith was right, Green Bay was the better team, Better coached team, The entire coaching staff should be ashamed for that game plan they arrived with that was two weeks in the making

I dont believe for a second that the media was right about this team

To DMT1101, crazy talk, A win is a win, and this team found ways to do it,that in itself made this team a GREAT team, the playoffs are a different beast, and the coaches simply let the players down

When the plan they had failed they had no plan, thats coaching,period.Even the announcers pleaded for Van Gorder to do something.

I can't argue with that. It just gets frustrating to have to, year in and year out, fall short. You make very valid points, but at the end of the day, the team will still be looked at by outsiders as paper tigers.....if that! Sure, we know the more intimate reasons why we fail and to this team's credit, as you pointed out, they played their ***** off this season. I just want what other fans want and some are fortunate enough to have. An elite, winning franchise.

As far as the media goes they made the point that Aron Rogers was going to come in and beat us. They said that he was "elite". They said his team was better than ours. They seem to be right this morning.

i'll eat some with you. It will be painful to watch TV this week. I work with a bunch of packer fans, so going to work will suck as well... Like everyone I expected more from this team, and when we won by narrow margins I was always a bit concerned but a win is a win and we beat the Packers once, we could do it again. Apparently they were the only team that actually prepared for this game and it was sad to see. We had 3 chances to shut the media up this season. The Eagles game, the saints game, and this game. I have no right to be pissed off anymore when we get discredited by them in the future until we prove something.

I also hope someone else will be calling the defense next year. Last night was a disgrace.

Let me start off by saying this; I am a Falcons fan. I am no stranger to these types of moments. It is nothing new to me to have the rug yanked from under me. Next season, my enthusiasm will be just as high on my team.

But I gotta hand it to the media. They were spot on. I mean they had us pegged to the tee.

I just b!@ched and moaned about how much they propped up Green Bay and just dismissed us like we never even existed. How dare they pretend a 6 seed is more superior than a #1. We are the Falcons! Did they not see our regular season record? Sure they did. And they, apparently knew and had come to grips with what I had been in denial of for a long time......The Atlanta Falcons don't deserve ANY respect or credit for accomplishment until they prove themselves.

So, to Rod Woodson, Chris Berman, Rich Eisen, Mike Lombardi, Packer fans, Saints fans and everybody else who could see what i could not. I now see clearly. I really thought that this team would take that disrespect personally. They didn't. I did. They didn't.

So from now on, i will not heckle another team or expound on the superiority of mine. Not until they show me something wort losing my voice for again.

For years and years the Falcons, Saints and Buccaneers were the laughing stock of the NFL. Out of the 3, the Falcons have always been considered the "best" of the least. Well, Tampa went to the Super bowl and won the 1st time! So did New Orleans. Even Carolina showed up and made an appearance quicker than we did as a franchise. Yet we can't even punch through the sack.

Dont be surprised if the falcons spend the next 3 or 4 seasons in the cellar.They have had 3 winning seasons in a row.That probably took alot out of this team alone.Crow aint so bad if you put enough mustard and ketchup on it

I've said it before training camp every year since 1985....THIS is our year. Well, looks like I was off target for the 25th yeah in a row now. Oh well, OTAs aren't far off! ;)

Pass me some of that Raven....and I'll need a feather to pick my teeth with afterwards. When you are a Falcon fan like I am, you've eaten so much crow over the years that you've got recipes for it laying around.