matt ryan's criticism

setr

No, he didn't. The pick-6 was a monumental game-changer. -_-

You mentioned previously that Matt seemed to perform poorly in big games at BC. It could possibly be contributed to trying to do too much because of the lack of talent around him. Is he choking or is there not enough offensive talent? Gonzo certainly faded down the stretch as well as roddy.

i think it goes on mularkey. our offense is too vanilla. we should never have shortened our offensive playbook. we should have expanded it. we ran a very similar offense to GB in matt ryan first year and it was amazing, but now we are very very vanilla.

i know matt isnt the best qb in the nfl or nfc, but i believe he is still top 10 and can handle more of the load, but we need to move away from a predictable offense.

You mentioned previously that Matt seemed to perform poorly in big games at BC. It could possibly be contributed to trying to do too much because of the lack of talent around him. Is he choking or is there not enough offensive talent? Gonzo certainly faded down the stretch as well as roddy.

Lack of talent? Have you seen the Pro bowl roster? :unsure:

No, it wasn't his best game but we offensively are not put in a situation to succeed. Our passing attack is simplistic with formations, personnel and route combinations. No crossing routes, digs, posts, etc. Everything is a curl, out or deep comeback. Rodgers had easy throws and people wide open because his OC put him in situation to succeed. If Mularkey is retained, I think we take another step back offensively

No, it wasn't his best game but we offensively are not put in a situation to succeed. Our passing attack is simplistic with formations, personnel and route combinations. No crossing routes, digs, posts, etc. Everything is a curl, out or deep comeback. Rodgers had easy throws and people wide open because his OC put him in situation to succeed. If Mularkey is retained, I think we take another step back offensively

The Falcons passing game is simplistic, because mentally and physically Matty isn't elite..

Good ole Ice man could never run the Saints or Packers Offense...

The blueprint is out, stop the run and you stop the Falcons, matty can't beat teams with his arm and now the entire NFL knows it.

Face it guys, Mattyocre isn't Elite, the armstrength just isn't there...

He will never have the passing numbers of Brees or Rodgers, he is unable..

The Falcons is a majority run team because the game can't be put on Mattys arm.

Well, some people call him a game manager, I dont agree but he certainly didnt state his case tonight.

Ignore the Saints troll pissing and moaning about arm strength and then mentioning Drew Brees as though he's got some kind of cannon.....

It wasn't a very good game, complete with one really really terrible decision and some mediocre line play. We really need to run the no-huddle more, as an offense, but for some reason we avoid it. I simply wish Mularkey would get another job....

Well, some people call him a game manager, I dont agree but he certainly didnt state his case tonight.

I think it was the pressure. He just needs to put it behind him, focus on moving forward if he wants to overcome it. You don't want him holding onto that game and having a meltdown next year. Not comparing the two, but I believe holding onto a bad playoff game is what screwed up Delhomme's confidence in himself and caused a meltdown of epic proportions.

Just a question. Was there any similarities between the style of play today and in the Arizona playoff game in 2008? It's been so long that I don't remember. :(

Oh and Saints fans, you do realize that your team is outta the playoffs too right? <_<

The 08 was a close game(a 3 & 16 mishap we prolly woulda had a chance.) This game, no words.