Matty Ryan - Has he peaked?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning is one of the greatest ever. Period. Brady is a master of the dump off/bubble screen system he's in. Guys like Rodgers and Brees are great because they are 5 deep at WR. We have one really good one in Roddy and a decent one in Jenkins and that is it. It's kinda hard for Ryan to slice up a D when we don't have receivers who can get open. It's real simple. He needs weapons that can move down the field. I'm disappointed because I thought Douglas might have had a better year but he was basically invisible.

I agree 100%...You cannot expect a running back with over 300 plus carries during the regular season to carry us during the playoffs. Granted that game plan was shot to **** when we went down by 14 plus points. Shoot it was smooth sailing for any team in the playoffs with that kind of lead on us. We are not built to come from behind from that type of spread. When we got down I knew we were done. We got scared on defense after GB's first possession (even with the Nicholas forced fumble)we decided to play soft and still get beat and we turned it into a track meet with the turnovers and we are not a Usain Bolt type of team that can run an opponent down. We are more of a George Foreman type of team we are championship material until speed kills us.

The offensive scheme doesn't mesh with the defensive scheme. FACT!

I agree, either become the Steelers defense with a Steelers-like offense or get the Packers defense.

Easier yet, become a fan of those teams, since it's just the easy way out.

The Falcons OFFENSE has bailed the defense out all year making them look good by keeping them rested, in the games we've lost the defense has not made consistent stops.

Yet, the Ravens and Steelers had superb defenses making turnover after turnover tonight and giving their OFFENSES a chance.

Can't argue with that. Ryan did fail when it was all on him after falling behind, for a number of reasons, but definitely on the final play of the half.

I'm not defending the play, it was an awful decision but don't you think part of the reason could have been that he was forcing something because he knew they needed 7 since the defense wasn't doing anything to stop the packers?

Manning is one of the greatest ever. Period. Brady is a master of the dump off/bubble screen system he's in. Guys like Rodgers and Brees are great because they are 5 deep at WR. We have one really good one in Roddy and a decent one in Jenkins and that is it. It's kinda hard for Ryan to slice up a D when we don't have receivers who can get open. It's real simple. He needs weapons that can move down the field. I'm disappointed because I thought Douglas might have had a better year but he was basically invisible.

All of them can do the same thing at the end of the day. That's get the ball anywhere they want. Look at Brady, how does he have, Welker? He's good but he's not in the league of Roddy White. Indy has Reggie Wayne who has lost a step. I watch all these teams. Atlanta WR's core is good. One the the strengths of the team. As is their running game. The line is good, does what they need to do as same can be said with Ryan. Our WR's aren't GB's, no one is but we are better than most teams. What do you want. Roddy, Calvin Johnson, and Welker in the slot. Man, it really comes down to Ryan. It does. I mentioned Manning because those guys can move it anywhere and we want our QB to be mention in that realm. How is that possible, how. He's a game manager, probably the best game manager there is but he can't move the ball all over the field. Blame the OC, blame the coach, blame everyone but Matt but he's the issue when we play big games.

Personally, he can't look to Ryan leading us to a ring without building an elite defense like Tampa Bay or Baltimore when they won titles. Our issue is, they have three elite QB's in the NFC. Brees, Vick, and Rodgers. If those teams have very good teams, they can easily win given the fortitude to win. We have to be excellent in the draft. No more Jamaal Anderson instead of Revis or Willis. No more Peria Jerry over Clay "f**kin" Matthews. We have to be better in the draft. Also sign Albert Haynesworth. I don't like him but we need a playmaker on defense in the worst way. Too many role players. I doubt we will sign Aso.

Edited by #1 pick

People do understand from an X and O standpoint, we are light years behind teams. Look at our running game. We really run 3-4 different plays. We just do it with repetition and wear teams down. We are overly simplistic and thats what happens with Mularkey. Everyone is so concerned about throwing 40 and 50 yards down the field. Its more of an schematic downfall for our. We do not even run crossing routes or pick routes to get our WRs open. Its alot of things we could do better but oh well, onto the offseason

I'm not defending the play, it was an awful decision but don't you think part of the reason could have been that he was forcing something because he knew they needed 7 since the defense wasn't doing anything to stop the packers?

No, that was not the case in that situation. It was a simple 'get yardage if you can' just to get into better range for a FG.

The INT in the endzone was a force after he focused on moving the safety over too much. The ball that he wound up throwing, he needed to have thrown while he was finishing off the safety, not after. This caused Jenkins beating the CB to be negated, he slipped trying to come back. Ryan was off timing there. He forced the pass at the end of the half getting greedy.

I do agree that Atlanta needs to open up the playbook, but I really think the offense is hampered by playing with a defense that isn't quite up to par. The defense did well in the first game against the Packers BECAUSE the Falcons offense dictated the tempo and Atlanta played the game it wanted to play. When the Packers got it their way tonight, Atlanta's defense stood no chance and the offense, while capable, wasn't going to win unless the defense stood up.

don't get it twisted people our defense failed us.

Why does he need to shut up? These Ryan super homers are annoying. He played like sh*t. The GB defense single covered everything and the safeties on their team played in the box. New Orleans did the same thing. Matt hasn't been that good. He's been Matt Hasslebeck, which is a good QB but he's not close to Rodgers, Vick, Manning, Brady. Those guys can move the ball all over the field. Manning and Brady have amazing anticipation. Rodgers is amazingly talented. Vick is the ultimate dual threat and can make the sorriest team decent at the least. Ryan is a better Matt Hasslebeck with a weaker arm. He's the NFL's Joe Johnson. I will always cheer for him, but I don't believe he will win a Super Bowl. He's basically Joe Johnson to me. I love him but his limitations are too much.

Exactly. I knew ryan was suspect coming out of college. The only thing he got going is his peyton manning gyrations, other than that, a weak arm, very, very, questionable throws. In fact, mularkey isnt a conservative oc by choice, he protects ryan with the run.

Its more about route combinations and play design more than talent. The offensive scheme is built to be a possession passing team and not creating YAC. None of our players get YAC...

Agreed, but GB put the game all on Ryan to beat them deep. Ryan had several chances which he either didn't take and completely missed. This game was on everyone but Matt Ryan is the main reason we lost. Defense has never played well when on the field that long. We didn't have possession a lot. Our lack of pass rush killed our secondary. Only 7 points from the offense till the game was decided. Just a lot went wrong outside of Weems.

Edited by #1 pick

Exactly. I knew ryan was suspect coming out of college. The only thing he got going is his peyton manning gyrations, other than that, a weak arm, very, very, questionable throws. In fact, mularkey isnt a conservative oc by choice, he protects ryan with the run.

I constantly say the same thing. The problem is next year, look at our schedule, not to mention Tampa and New Orleans aren't getting any worst. We can be in for some major issues.

Matt ryan has peaked, because this offense has peaked. you can only do so much we so little. the playbook is a joke imo. we should be expanding the playbook. if the playbook doesnt grow, then how is matt ryan suppose to grow. mularkey needs to open the offense up or we need to get rid of him.

what happened to matt ryan 1st year playbook. we need to switch back to that one.

**** that minus one is me, meant to give you a +1! I agree that we need to open this **** playbook up, we were pretty much dead last for long plays. That needs to change real quick!

I am a big fan of Ryan but I see him consistently miss open receivers, overthrow/underthrow, not get rid of the ball and take a sack, and make bad decisions which lead to interceptions. Yes, he has played extremely well at times, but I wonder if this is a good as he will ever be? I sure hope not.

Yes, our 25 year old Franchise QB has peaked. Jesus.

It remains to be seen whether Ryan has peeked or not, but he's been fortunate to have been in the same system, with the same teammates and coaches for three straight seasons. I will say this though, after 3 seasons of seeing our offense with a lack of big plays down the field, I don't see that changing anytime soon, because that's the type of team we have put together on offense. For everyone who wants to blame the OC, I'm sorry, the offense we are running was built around what Ryan can do, they aren't shoehorning Ryan into a system that doesn't fit him. As far as the defense is concerned, that's always been smoke and mirrors.

Agreed, but GB put the game all on Ryan to beat them deep. Ryan had several chances which he either didn't take and completely missed. This game was on everyone but Matt Ryan is the main reason we lost. Defense has never played well when on the field that long. We didn't have possession a lot. Our lack of pass rush killed our secondary. Only 7 points from the offense till the game was decided. Just a lot went wrong outside of Weems.

Besides the pick he threw in the end zOne, who was open? EveryOne keeps clamoring for big plays down the field. It's more than that, it's called getting your players in the best position succeed. We do not set up big plays. Ryan has the same arm strength as Brees. He can make all the throws. It comes down to X and Os and at this point, we do not scheme to generate big Plays or get our WRs open. Where is the separation or our WR going up and making a play?

Get real failcon fans! Matt Ryan is a beast despite this game.. You people are a laughable laughing stock so-called fan-base..

I have to call ya'll out on how you emptied out of the stadium in the 4th quarter..

Secondly, If you don't want Matt relinquish him and watch your team suck for another decade!

HE IS THE FACE OF YOUR TEAM! you don't get rid of a QB like that you build a team around him, he was thrown to the wolves last night, Green bay used Saints gameplan to beat you guys and executed it even better, simply stop Turner, Gonzo, Roddy White, and put pressure on Ryan behind that Weak *** o-line and you beat the Failcons with ease..

Mike Smith is to blame for going into the playoff's thinking the Ref's were going to carry his team to another win. these ref's did not play those games.

Get real failcon fans! Matt Ryan is a beast despite this game.. You people are a laughable laughing stock so-called fan-base..

I have to call ya'll out on how you emptied out of the stadium in the 4th quarter..

Secondly, If you don't want Matt relinquish him and watch your team suck for another decade!

HE IS THE FACE OF YOUR TEAM! you don't get rid of a QB like that you build a team around him, he was thrown to the wolves last night, Green bay used Saints gameplan to beat you guys and executed it even better, simply stop Turner, Gonzo, Roddy White, and put pressure on Ryan behind that Weak *** o-line and you beat the Failcons with ease..

Mike Smith is to blame for going into the playoff's thinking the Ref's were going to carry his team to another win. these ref's did not play those games.

I have to agree with you there amigo. I think it has more to do with the offensive scheme. We do not create mismatches or put our WRs in the best situation to succeed. No easy throws, no pick or rub routes. No throws on first downs or no screens or anything to slow down the blitz.

Personnel wise, we are very top heavy with no depth. Really, I think its Ryan and Roddy and thats it. Gonzo is a hall of famer but cannot get open anymore and do the things he used to do which is get YAC and make plays.

This league is about coaching and Xs and Os and we are light years behind other teams in this perspective. These idiotic *** fans on this board make me never want to come back. People do realize that Ryan was able to 29 TDs with the most simplistic and conservative passing attack there is. I find that remarkable....