Matty Ryan - Has he peaked?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

just shut up.

Why does he need to shut up? These Ryan super homers are annoying. He played like sh*t. The GB defense single covered everything and the safeties on their team played in the box. New Orleans did the same thing. Matt hasn't been that good. He's been Matt Hasslebeck, which is a good QB but he's not close to Rodgers, Vick, Manning, Brady. Those guys can move the ball all over the field. Manning and Brady have amazing anticipation. Rodgers is amazingly talented. Vick is the ultimate dual threat and can make the sorriest team decent at the least. Ryan is a better Matt Hasslebeck with a weaker arm. He's the NFL's Joe Johnson. I will always cheer for him, but I don't believe he will win a Super Bowl. He's basically Joe Johnson to me. I love him but his limitations are too much.

Something has to change this offseason. I have faith in Ryan. My feeling is that if we want to use Ryan as a dink and dunker, play field position against good teams, we need a defense to rely on. Pittsburgh has our offensive philosophy but I don't have any idea what our Defensive identity is.

After 3 years, we should be seeing flashes of our identity but where is it?

He's peaked with these coaches and these receivers.

Blame everyone else. Why, Turner was Turner. Roddy and Jenkins played like they always do. Why couldn't Ryan step up? GB basically put the game on Ryan and he couldn't do it. In fact, he was worst than normal with those awful decisions. GB knew Ryan's a killer within 15 yards but outside of 15, he's awful. Blame the WR's, blame the line, blame the TE's, blame the coaching, but when you play elite teams, they just take away the short passes and make Ryan beat them. Ryan rarely does. In the playoffs, there are nothing but elite or very good teams. We will not beat elite or very good teams unless our defense is Baltimore or we get lucky like Seattle a couple years ago. We don't have an elite QB, just a good one.

If you think he has peaked you are crazy, but I do think this offense has peaked. I haven't really criticized Murlarky all season long (13-3) but I had a gut feeling it would hurt us in the playoffs.

example...............If little old me sitting on my couch on 4th and 1 before the half knew it was going to be a rollout pass to White or Jenkins (it was White)what do you think that people that are getting paid to play and coach the game against us are thinking? ....REALLY?????? Shields wasn't even looking at Roddy he had his eyes on Matt/the ball the whole time....that was not a perfect read it was just knowing and exploiting our tendencies. It was a bad throw but dag gone it, put your players in a position to succeed. If I was thinking it and you (message board) were thinking it, I know Dog on well the packers knew it.

Think about it…When was the last time the Falcons offense really had a Defense on their heels??????????????????????????? It’s either they are stopping Turner or they are not or we have a good enough player to make a play (Roddy White). They are never really in a guessing game of what we are trying (or in elite offenses, going) to do.

Blame everyone else. Why, Turner was Turner. Roddy and Jenkins played like they always do. Why couldn't Ryan step up? GB basically put the game on Ryan and he couldn't do it. In fact, he was worst than normal with those awful decisions. GB knew Ryan's a killer within 15 yards but outside of 15, he's awful. Blame the WR's, blame the line, blame the TE's, blame the coaching, but when you play elite teams, they just take away the short passes and make Ryan beat them. Ryan rarely does. In the playoffs, there are nothing but elite or very good teams. We will not beat elite or very good teams unless our defense is Baltimore or we get lucky like Seattle a couple years ago. We don't have an elite QB, just a good one.

Manning is one of the greatest ever. Period. Brady is a master of the dump off/bubble screen system he's in. Guys like Rodgers and Brees are great because they are 5 deep at WR. We have one really good one in Roddy and a decent one in Jenkins and that is it. It's kinda hard for Ryan to slice up a D when we don't have receivers who can get open. It's real simple. He needs weapons that can move down the field. I'm disappointed because I thought Douglas might have had a better year but he was basically invisible.

Manning is one of the greatest ever. Period. Brady is a master of the dump off/bubble screen system he's in. Guys like Rodgers and Brees are great because they are 5 deep at WR. We have one really good one in Roddy and a decent one in Jenkins and that is it. It's kinda hard for Ryan to slice up a D when we don't have receivers who can get open. It's real simple. He needs weapons that can move down the field. I'm disappointed because I thought Douglas might have had a better year but he was basically invisible.

Remember, Brady and Manning can make everyone look like probowlers.

Wow, no one can have a bad game...

...and players peak(not have their coming out party) by their 3rd year in the league.

People are so backwards these days their brains don't even realize it.

Ryan was AHEAD of his peak at the END of this season. Year 3 is the 'coming out' party. He has one really bad game trying to lead the team back(after 13 comebacks in 3 years) and now it must be he can't be Superman leading the team single handed to the SB?

I smell illogical, fair weather fans(or a troll).

Edited by slimjim

Matt ryan has peaked, because this offense has peaked. you can only do so much we so little. the playbook is a joke imo. we should be expanding the playbook. if the playbook doesnt grow, then how is matt ryan suppose to grow. mularkey needs to open the offense up or we need to get rid of him.

what happened to matt ryan 1st year playbook. we need to switch back to that one.

Wow, no one can have a bad game...

...and players peak(not have their coming out party) by their 3rd year in the league.

People are so backwards these days their brains don't even realize it.

Ryan was AHEAD of his peak at the END of this season. Year 3 is the 'coming out' party. He has one really bad game trying to lead the team back(after 13 comebacks in 3 years) and now it must be he can't be Superman leading the team single handed to the SB?

While I understand what you're trying to say, Ryan choked at the end of halftime. Everyone knew that a field goal would still be ok there. That pick 6 totally took the team's wind away.

...and people should stop suggesting a scheme change because the fact is with the current crop of receivers:

Sorry your(at no one in particular) wet dream of being a 5 wide, no run game offense isn't going to happen over night, I don't care how sexy or popular you think it is.

Atlanta had a run 1st offense, and a good one that can EARN and PLAY WITH a lead.

The Falcons even managed comebacks with this offense.

TONIGHT? Who in the heck could come back from that? The defense blew it and Ryan, for the FIRST TIME, fails in the feeble attempts to START a comeback?

Yeah, he gave the pick-6, but the defense gave up 41 with that.

Edited by slimjim

I don't think he peaked. ****, we hardly had time to run offense with the way our D let Green Bay march up and down the field 5-6 series in a row. Even with the fumble, ****, it was a 30+ yard gain until Nicholas popped it out.

Never had a chance to establish our game. The two, petty P.I. calls on Jenkins...playing from behind. The only horrible mistake I say Ryan made was that pick 6 before the half. Besides that...I say the D was the main cuprit of the night.

...and people should stop suggesting a scheme change because the fact is with the current crop of receivers:

Sorry your wet dream of being a 5 wide, no run game offense isn't going to happen over night, I don't care how sexy or popular you think it is.

The offensive scheme doesn't mesh with the defensive scheme. FACT!

While I understand what you're trying to say, Ryan choked at the end of halftime. Everyone knew that a field goal would still be ok there. That pick 6 totally took the team's wind away.

Can't argue with that. Ryan did fail when it was all on him after falling behind, for a number of reasons, but definitely on the final play of the half.