The Maty "Ice" has never won a playoff thread...

Kevo

If this continues in the playoffs it will be a serious consideration up for discussion. I think we need to lay blame on the defense more so than Matty ice on this one. He rarely had the ball.

Alley.Baggett-04.jpg

You're right, he did only throw the ball 29 times to Aarrons 36. That's a whole -7 difference. But I loved his leadership going into halftime.

Someone said it was 72F in the dome. You guys are aware Ice melts above 32F, right?

Yes he did. The entire team looked like the saints today! :lol:

Alley.Baggett-04.jpg

No, if the durty birds woulda looked like the Saints then Smitty woulda held on to his clip board, Mattie Tepid wouldn't have thrown 70 yards in the wrong direction, and Lofton wouldn't have gotten juked and stiff armed by AR!!

If this continues in the playoffs it will be a serious consideration up for discussion. I think we need to lay blame on the defense more so than Matty ice on this one. He rarely had the ball.

Alley.Baggett-04.jpg

I believe he could've done much more. Not going to rip on him, because maybe that's just the type of qb he is right now, a game manager. You have to wonder if you had an Aaron Rodgers though, that he would've shredded the Packers defense. You wear down their defense, you keep their offense off the field, you in turn keep your defense off the field so that they can stay somewhat fresh as the game goes on. I saw the same type of crap happen to the panthers all season. Offense sputtering due to short passes that go nowhere, turnovers, and the defense wearing down or giving up hope.

These folks were arguing with me 5 weeks ago how Matty Ice is as good as Brees...

Stop the run and you stop the Falcons, Matty Ice can't pass his way to a win, not to mention that for a QB his size, the armstrength just isn't there. Ryan doesn't even have Brees arm strength and Drew is 6ft.

Alley.Baggett-04.jpg

Oh but 5 or 6 weeks ago you were arguing with me that Matty was elite and every bit good as Brees...

The Falcons blew a 1st Seed and a very healthy season, those don't come around very often, it may have been their window.

Alley.Baggett-04.jpg

WRONG.

Ryan threw terrible passes in the biggest game of his life. Those interceptions were both extremely predictible.

He put so much air under the first pick that your punter was probably asking for tips on hangtime.

The Pick 6 sealed the game for the Packers and his terrible decision to force that pass ended any hope the Falcons had of even keeping the game respectable.