We picked the worst possible time to play our worst game

isproab

Falcons have not been blown out all year. We get to our first home playoff game after having the best record in the NFC and 2nd best in the NFL and we lay and egg.

Defensively too many missed sacks on Rogers. There were at least two drives that could have been ended by a Falcons sack but they missed it.

Offensively we never got anything going. I was glad about Weems return but I instantly said that it sucks for the D as they had to go right back out there. It was a nice season but we laid an egg when it counted the most. I'm not too torn up about it as it is what it is. Now all I have to look forward to is with the 30th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select....

For Christs sake,is Rogers really THIS F'ing good or is this the choke job of the entire NFL season. We have not even held them to a FG one time tonight.

I cant take anything away from Rodgers he is solid, that being said our tackling is pathetic you have to be able to wrap up the opposing teams quarterback when yu get to him.

The reason we lost this game can be summed up in one word, DEPTH. More specifically, depth on defense. Our nickle back went down with an injury and we might as well just put a fan from the stands in at NB. Rogers shredded Owens like a pro bowl QB against a pop warner reject. Owens was out of position on nearly every play I watched. The difference between the Packers and the Falcons is that many of their backup players could be starters where most of our backups would be cut from other teams. I think part of that is that Smith is paying for the mistakes of previous coaches and GMs. JA98's contract immediately comes to mind. We have Abraham and no one else is even close to a decent pass rusher. We have Robinson and Grimes and no other corner we have would probably make any other play off team. We have Lofton, and none of our other line backers would be starters on another playoff caliber team.

Even on offense, depth is some what an issue. We have White and no other threat at receiver. Green Bay's fourth option at receiver is better than our number two guy. I watched the Steelers win today with their 3rd and 4th string O-line, if any one of our O-line goes down, we are in trouble.

Until we have mutiple threats in the passing game, multiple pass rushers, multiple cover corners, and the depth behind each of those guys we will have issues. We were lucky to stay as healthy as we did this year. We really have to hit home runs in every round of the draft this year.

http://www.canadianwetbasementsolutions.com

The reason we lost this game can be summed up in one word, DEPTH. More specifically, depth on defense. Our nickle back went down with an injury and we might as well just put a fan from the stands in at NB. Rogers shredded Owens like a pro bowl QB against a pop warner reject. Owens was out of position on nearly every play I watched. The difference between the Packers and the Falcons is that many of their backup players could be starters where most of our backups would be cut from other teams. I think part of that is that Smith is paying for the mistakes of previous coaches and GMs. JA98's contract immediately comes to mind. We have Abraham and no one else is even close to a decent pass rusher. We have Robinson and Grimes and no other corner we have would probably make any other play off team. We have Lofton, and none of our other line backers would be starters on another playoff caliber team.

Even on offense, depth is some what an issue. We have White and no other threat at receiver. Green Bay's fourth option at receiver is better than our number two guy. I watched the Steelers win today with their 3rd and 4th string O-line, if any one of our O-line goes down, we are in trouble.

Until we have mutiple threats in the passing game, multiple pass rushers, multiple cover corners, and the depth behind each of those guys we will have issues. We were lucky to stay as healthy as we did this year. We really have to hit home runs in every round of the draft this year.

http://www.canadianwetbasementsolutions.com

I can agree with a lot of this. Everything went the Falcons way this season. Injuries not really an issue, we played well on offense, the defense was good enough most of the year, you got the most possible out of guys like Grime, Brian Williams, Finneran, Matt Bryant, Jason Snelling, etc.

I worry about next season as you may not get everything to go your way. Making the plays to get a lot of come from behind wins. Grimes may not be able to duplicated the success, who know if Turner is still a 1200+ yard back. Does Roddy put together a 5th great season. Has time caught up with Abraham while we don't have any other type of pass rusher.