Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL FALCONS-PACKERS DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF IN-GAME THREAD

825 posts in this topic

I am 34 years old and I have been a falcons fan since I was 6 years old. I am going to be honest and up front. We should have easily beat the heck out of GB tonight. Until we stop BSing and pay the money to get a solid secondary, we will never when a Super Bowl. No wonder as the #1 seed we were still the underdogs in this game. The secondary coach and for the most part the entire secondary needs to be let go. Robinson is total garbage and I said that before the season started. With the exception of Grimes, a high school secondary would be better. With the talent that we have on offense, this is unacceptable that our defense is this bad. This isn't the Falcons from the 70s and 80s. We should be a dominate team in the NFL now. Changes in the D need to be made fast.

While you are correct that your defense sucks, your offense didn't even get 200 total yard against the packers.

saints didnt win the superbowl goodell did for em.. that ****in city should be sunk under water with all the population dead... ****in poor ****** dont deserve life that whole city should be full of dead bodies in a pool

ATLfanintheROC and GetUSom3 like this

saints didnt win the superbowl goodell did for em.. that ****in city should be sunk under water with all the population dead... ****in poor ****** dont deserve life that whole city should be full of dead bodies in a pool

KISS THE RING BEYOTCH! AAHHHHHAAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHA! BTW...DARE YOU TO COME TO NOLA AND SAY WHAT YOU SAID IN YOUR POST-BECAUSE IT WILL BE YOUR FACE DOWN IN THE WATER, YOU IGNORANT JA*CK OFF!!

Atl/0 likes this

This is my 1st time posting so here I go....1st of all I am so proud of my Atlanta Falcons from wins to losses. I just want my birds to know I am so sorry for the upset to GB....I was at the carolina panther game and had the time of my life! I stayed till the field was cleared not leaving my seat! I beleive when you call yourself a fan you weather the wins and losses together! Players I am so sorry for the fans that turned their backs on you tonight leaving early after you gave us all a wonderful season! Growing up being taught respect and that you do not turn your back on family, friends, or anything else just because things get down. I was taught that is when people need you the most to help them RISE UP!!!!!!!!! If I had been there I would have cheered till the bitter end because, that is when you needed your fans the most just as you would need family and love ones in normal everyday life to help you overcome and get through hard times. Again I am so sorry some fans turned their back on you all and left early. You have a young team that will go far and know I will not forsake you when the going gets tough!!!!!!!!!!! I am the mother of 3 boys involved in football and cheer them on no matter what team wins! Having a suppot system is priceless and can cause the impossible to happen! That is a proven fact!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope and pray that I can share a home game with my kids so they can cheer you on as I do.

May God bless you all and hold your head high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't know how any saint fan can talk trash right now. Te saints couldn't win the didvision and lost to the 7-9 Seahawks in the worst division in the history of the NFL. Are oblivious of the present?

While you are correct that your defense sucks, your offense didn't even get 200 total yard against the packers.

You said it yourself Our defense sucks - but the offense is fine, they just spent most of the game sitting on the bench, because the defense couldn't get them the ball :)

They are prob still waiting for the Govt to get them off roof tops like when Katrina hit.....if I rember New orleans had days and days to get out but, most waited for the handout. So before you dog our fan base arnt yall the ones who trashed your superdome????????????????????????

WHILE ALL THAT MAY BE TRUE, THE LOMBARDI IS STILL SITTING PRETTY IN THE FRENCH QUARTER......OH, BY-THE-WAY, IT WAS NICE THE WAY ALL YOU DIRTY BIRDS DID "RISE UP" - OUT OF YOUR SEATS ON NATIONAL TV AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THIRD QUARTER HEADING FOR THE EXITS!!!!

What you're "oblivious" to is that, although the Saints did lose to a Seattle team with a losing record on the road by five points in one of the most hostile environments in the NFL - the Saints entered that game completely decimated in their offensive backfield. They had their top five running backs on injured reserve including their two starters - Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory. This same Seattle team that will play Chicago for the right to face the Green Bay team that wiped the floor with you in your dome, also defeated the Bears earlier this season. Their record is very deceiving.

Though it's true that winning on the road and injuries are a part of the game, sometimes a team can't overcome a plethora of injuries at one position. Sometimes, teams in the midst of a dynasty can't overcome a single injury which was exemplified three years ago when Tom Brady went down early in the year and was lost for the season and the Patriots didn't make the playoffs.

But what's your excuse? You're completely healthy, playing at home and Las Vegas has your game against Green Bay as a pick-em. Then you come out and score two touchdowns - one of which was a kickoff return. Then you stand by helplessly as the Packers scored 35 unanswered points. And you should have lost by more had the Packers not doinked a field goal off an upright.

FOX television focuses on both sidelines with 10 minutes left. On one side we see Arthur Blank and some of your players moping and shell-shocked; others simply have their heads in their hands with expressions on their faces as if they're a bunch of drunks that can barely stumble out of a tavern.

What a pitiful exhibition that was. And you Falcon fans have the gall to sit here insulting the Saints? These same Saints that lost the last three games of their regular season last year and came out in this same round of the playoffs last year and trounced future Hall-of-Famer Kurt Warner and the Arizona Cardinals? These same Saints who the following week defeated another future Hall-of-Famer Brett Farve and the Vikings? These same Saints that then defeated another future Hall-of-Famer Peyton Manning and the Colts by 14 points in the Super Bowl?

If you Falcon fans can digest all of this and can still consider yourself on the same playing field as Drew Brees and the Saints, then you're not only idiots on the playing field as you demonstrated last night, but also mental *******.

Have a nice summer.

This is my 1st time posting so here I go....1st of all I am so proud of my Atlanta Falcons from wins to losses. I just want my birds to know I am so sorry for the upset to GB....I was at the carolina panther game and had the time of my life! I stayed till the field was cleared not leaving my seat! I beleive when you call yourself a fan you weather the wins and losses together! Players I am so sorry for the fans that turned their backs on you tonight leaving early after you gave us all a wonderful season! Growing up being taught respect and that you do not turn your back on family, friends, or anything else just because things get down. I was taught that is when people need you the most to help them RISE UP!!!!!!!!! If I had been there I would have cheered till the bitter end because, that is when you needed your fans the most just as you would need family and love ones in normal everyday life to help you overcome and get through hard times. Again I am so sorry some fans turned their back on you all and left early. You have a young team that will go far and know I will not forsake you when the going gets tough!!!!!!!!!!! I am the mother of 3 boys involved in football and cheer them on no matter what team wins! Having a suppot system is priceless and can cause the impossible to happen! That is a proven fact!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope and pray that I can share a home game with my kids so they can cheer you on as I do.

May God bless you all and hold your head high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe so but those dead bodies had FailClown uniforms on yesterday

Typical reply. We tell you that your team was a fraud and that your team still hasn't won a super bowl and you attack our city and wish death on people. It might matter to me... if you mattered.

Who Dat say they got a Lombardi Trophy? The New Orleans Saints, dats who!

Typical reply. We tell you that your team was a fraud and that your team still hasn't won a super bowl and you attack our city and wish death on people. It might matter to me if you mattered.

Who Dat say they got a Lombardi Trophy? The New Orleans Saints, dats who!

LOL so true!

You wanna crown their arse then crown their arses.. but the FailClown are who we thought they were!

Say man ..... U MAD??????? :-)

WHY DON'T YOU PICK A TEAM TO CHEER FOR -- THAT DON'T MAKE YOU SO MAD?? You know, there is a team in New Orleans that survived the worst hurricane in America's history, then, they kicked your a$$.

They could always use another fan or two. But, we don't take haters. Drop the hater sh*t and you are in.

Boo ya.

Say man ..... U MAD??????? :-)

WHY DON'T YOU PICK A TEAM TO CHEER FOR -- THAT DON'T MAKE YOU SO MAD?? You know, there is a team in New Orleans that survived the worst hurricane in America's history, then, they kicked your a$$.

They could always use another fan or two. But, we don't take haters. Drop the hater sh*t and you are in.

Boo ya.

You should learn how to use correct grammar but hey I forget that you are from New Orleans. Remeber our team is built to win for a while and the Aint's will reamin in our rearview mirror, idiot!!

You should learn how to use correct grammar but hey I forget that you are from New Orleans. Remeber our team is built to win for a while and the Aint's will reamin in our rearview mirror, idiot!!

I watched the game again. What was up with that first Matty Froze pass? That wasn't in the same zip code.

I have to admit a 13-3 season is awesome. But seriously, ya'll never goin' to the SB playin' like that in the playoffs.

I watched the game again. What was up with that first Matty Froze pass? That wasn't in the same zip code.

I have to admit a 13-3 season is awesome. But seriously, ya'll never goin' to the SB playin' like that in the playoffs.

You won't get back there again either with what you put out on the field this year.

You won't get back there again either with what you put out on the field this year.

Agreed. We were obviously inconsistent this year. Notably, when playing 'weaker' teams on our schedule, i.e., Browns, Cardinals, Seahawks.

Our best games were the 1st Tampa game, Pittsburg and the 2nd Atlanta game.

To y'all's credit, the Falcons lost only to playoff teams, Pittsburg, Philly, us and Green Bay.

The way Tampa is improving, the NFCS should be really cutthroat next season.

Agreed. We were obviously inconsistent this year. Notably, when playing 'weaker' teams on our schedule, i.e., Browns, Cardinals, Seahawks.

Our best games were the 1st Tampa game, Pittsburg and the 2nd Atlanta game.

To y'all's credit, the Falcons lost only to playoff teams, Pittsburg, Philly, us and Green Bay.

The way Tampa is improving, the NFCS should be really cutthroat next season.

I totally agree.

We're gonna become the SEC of pro football ;)

I hate when our fans say things like this. It just shows how much growing up you have to do.

I hate when our fans say things like this. It just shows how much growing up you have to do.

We try to keep them in the basement but they've learned how to pick the locks

You should learn how to use correct grammar but hey I forget that you are from New Orleans. Remeber our team is built to win for a while and the Saint's will reamin in our rearview mirror, idiot!!

You should learn how to spell and use punctuation before you go critiquing someone's grammar. :)

I imagine most fan bases have these types.