You know what I don't understand?

The Packers fans aren't boasting and bragging and predicting a win.

Props to them because they are the classiest group of fans I've ever met.

Vegas isn't predicting a win.

But 8 out of 10 talking heads are predicting a win.

I get doodoo from my girlfriend all the time for following sports so closely. But after watching games (live and dvr'd), crunching numbers, and following this team, I still don't get it.

I haven't heard one piece of analysis where I didn't feel the pundit's viewpoint was skewed. It all seems to stem from preseason picks.

--------------------------------------------

And for the guy that will mention "who cares what they think?"

I DO!

I care. Yes the game is decided on the field. No, it's not decided in a studio.

But man... enough is enough.

If the Falcons win this game, do you know what that means?

That's elite status for Ryan. That's staying power for the franchise.

I have been a fan for 30+ years now. I don't really know how to be a homer for this team... much like the old timers. We had no consistency under the Rankin Smith era.

But this team is solid. It isn't a fluke (flame me on it, that's ok) like 1998. This is a team built with great personnel. This is a team that won't fall out the next year... as they have proven.

I don't get the disrespect. And I don't get the explanations by *SOME* of my fellow Falcon brethren when it comes to "success in the post-season will turn the talking heads our way." HELLO? The Packers haven't done squat in over a decade.

This is our game to win. I will be there tomorrow. I am pumped.

For the first time in a long time, I have total faith in this team. Man, that feels good to say.

I'll admit, I thought we'd be dogcaacaa in 2008. And every game of every season since then, I had that harbored animosity deep down in me.

But you know what's funny? Well, not funny, but true.

I sat with my girlfriend at the local pub when we played Green Bay. And I admittedly so said "we'll give up the TD on this drive to Green Bay." And we did.

My girlfriend, who doesn't really care about sports, exclaimed "OH NOOOOOOOOOO!"

But I said "don't worry, there's enough time on the clock for Matty Ice to bring us back."

But here's the kicker: Ice didn't have to do it. Weems did it. Sure, Ryan drove us 20 yards into prime FG position, but the team/Weems got us there in the first place.

It's like all the players from the Petrino/Vick era are following the leader. And his name is Matt Ryan. A guy that earned his nickname in college and keeps it going in the NFL.

So WTF are we worried about?

After writing all this, in it's therapeutic ramblings, I get this newly familiar feeling. Hope.

This is our game.

This is our moment.

It's like the talking heads have inadvertently set the stage for us.

Let them pick Green Bay.

Let them ignore our talent.

Let them forget that the commentators and analysts picked this match-up for the NFCCG only two short months ago.

We are going to do this.

Im 1998, we were the snake oil salesmen.

In 2011, we are the surgeons.

Methodical. Calculated. Prepared.

It's our time bay-bee!

I hate that so many people are hyping the Packers so much, it's like free motivation for the Falcons, we already lost once we don't need them all angry and ****... That said, of course we predict a win! We love our team and think they are the best in the NFC, it's the same reason youre predicting a win. Although it is definitely easier for you guys to be confident in the pick haha

I hate that so many people are hyping the Packers so much, it's like free motivation for the Falcons, we already lost once we don't need them all angry and ****... That said, of course we predict a win! We love our team and think they are the best in the NFC, it's the same reason youre predicting a win. Although it is definitely easier for you guys to be confident in the pick haha

That's why I respect Packers fans right there. Cut from a different cloth.

Outside of complete homerism, I haven't seen one Packers fan predict a score for victory over one score.

I never thought about it on the flip side.

If we win, don't blame it on the hype. :)

That's why I respect Packers fans right there. Cut from a different cloth.

Outside of complete homerism, I haven't seen one Packers fan predict a score for victory over one score.

I never thought about it on the flip side.

If we win, don't blame it on the hype. :)

Yeah, I am sticking by my 21-17 score, I hope that finally the Pack can be the team driving for the final TD, A-Rod pulls it off and people shut up about him not being able to win the close ones! That first post was good as **** on your part, I wasnt about to flame all over it haha

Excellent post. I too agree that the Packer fans are classy. At least the ones I've run into. In fact I've made a point of not going to their message boards because I like their team. I like Aaron Rodgers and the franchise in general. I don't want those opinions to be skewed because of a few idiots that seem to grace every forum.

Tomorrow I want the Falcons to crush them. I am tired of the lack of respect and the doubting that is constantly thrown our way. It seems that for every single compliment we are given there are five others who feel the exact opposite. Tomorrow we can put an end to that.

I believe that Matt Ryan can lead us to victory. Go Falcons.

Edited by Jen

I guess I will be the 1st Green Bay fan on your forum to trash talk......

BUCKLE UP Falcons because here we come! The regular season was a fluke win for your team......Gonzalez dropped that ball and it should have been a "turnover on downs", instead, you got a TD and won by only 3!!

Matt Ryan is good in the regular season at home......lets see how he makes out in the playoffs, (a whole different ball game). You better hope that Turner eats a healthy breakfast because that guy is 1 doughnut shy of being obese and out of the NFL!

Talk about needing respect......you must earn it first! With no championships, you guys have a LONG WAY to go, (it is gonna take more than an above average regular season to get the respect your looking for).

Good luck Saturday night.....Packers 34 Falcons 21!

Edited by 12XCHAMPS

I guess I will be the 1st Green Bay fan on your forum to trash talk......

BUCKLE UP Falcons because here we come! The regular season was a fluke win for your team......Gonzalez dropped that ball and it should have been a "turnover on downs", instead, you got a TD and won by only 3!!

Matt Ryan is good in the regular season at home......lets see how he makes out in the playoffs, (a whole different ball game). You better hope that Turner eats a healthy breakfast because that guy is 1 doughnut shy of being obese and out of the NFL!

Talk about needing respect......you must earn it first! With no championships, you guys have a LONG WAY to go, (it is gonna take more than an above average regular season to get the respect your looking for).

Good luck Saturday night.....Packers 34 Falcons 21!

We have as many championships as your current roster does.

Here's a tidbit for ya: you guys are ranked 23rd against TE coverage.

We have the best TE of all-time.

:)

I get doodoo from my girlfriend all the time for following sports so closely. But after watching games (live and dvr'd), crunching numbers, and following this team, I still don't get it.

I haven't heard one piece of analysis where I didn't feel the pundit's viewpoint was skewed. It all seems to stem from preseason picks.

I DO!

I have been a fan for 30+ years now. I don't really know how to be a homer for this team... much like the old timers. We had no consistency under the Rankin Smith era.

But this team is solid. It isn't a fluke (flame me on it, that's ok) like 1998. This is a team built with great personnel. This is a team that won't fall out the next year... as they have proven.

I don't get the disrespect. And I don't get the explanations by *SOME* of my fellow Falcon brethren when it comes to "success in the post-season will turn the talking heads our way." HELLO? The Packers haven't done squat in over a decade.

For the first time in a long time, I have total faith in this team. Man, that feels good to say.

I'll admit, I thought we'd be dogcaacaa in 2008. And every game of every season since then, I had that harbored animosity deep down in me.

I sat with my girlfriend at the local pub when we played Green Bay. And I admittedly so said "we'll give up the TD on this drive to Green Bay." And we did.

My girlfriend, who doesn't really care about sports, exclaimed "OH NOOOOOOOOOO!"

But I said "don't worry, there's enough time on the clock for Matty Ice to bring us back."

But here's the kicker: Ice didn't have to do it. Weems did it. Sure, Ryan drove us 20 yards into prime FG position, but the team/Weems got us there in the first place.

It's like all the players from the Petrino/Vick era are following the leader. And his name is Matt Ryan. A guy that earned his nickname in college and keeps it going in the NFL.

After writing all this, in it's therapeutic ramblings, I get this newly familiar feeling. Hope.

This is our game.

This is our moment.

Let them pick Green Bay.

Let them forget that the commentators and analysts picked this match-up for the NFCCG only two short months ago.

We are going to do this.

It's our time bay-bee!

HELLUVA post and agree concur 1000%!!! LET'S GO FALCONS!!!

I DO!

This is our game.

This is our moment.

Let them pick Green Bay.

We are going to do this.

It's our time bay-bee!

Great post.

Guest mashburn

I did the same as you and pulled all of numbers. on the road there points for is what our defense does on points against which is 18. but we get 28 points for while there D lets up 18 points on a average. so they get 18 while the falcons 28+18=46/2=23. the score is lead to be in the falcons favor.

starks had one good game, guess who else did for the falcons (snelling) this season in one game. starks has not been consistent and non eof there RB's have been. Turner has them beat all combined.

the only thing they have is WR is more in yardage and TDs. and that just cause we pass around the ball to RB, TE, WR, FB. we crush them in everything except for WR.

our D averages points against at 20 while they average points against at 18. So there D has a slight edge, but thats it.

packers= slight edge on D, and good edge on WR. besides that we crush them on everything.