Nnamdi Asomugha is a shutdown corner for the raiders and after this season he will be free agent. To be honest Dunta Robinson did not do what he was expected to do, he had one interception the whole season and was beat constantly. Nnamdi Asomugha would be a great option to play along side of brent grimes. Brent grimes has showed strides from last season and he just continues to improve. He is more of a shutdown corner than Dunta Robinson. Nnamdi will ask for a lot of money but i think it would be worth it because he could make our defense a lot better. What do you guys think?

To be honest Dunta Robinson did not do what he was expected to do,

I disagree with that comment, the main reason why is Dunta has done exactly what he was brought to Atlanta to do, the fact that he doesn't have that many Int's only means he's had the WR's covered, and or the QB's know better than to throw his way.

JMO.....

More than anything I have seen him getting "beat" on the quick stuff which isn't really his fault since he is being asked to play off. He was a press corner in Houston and now he is being asked leave a cushion. This is by design four our defense, not his choice. I'm sure it's been a big adjustment for him.

Beside that, he hasn't been thrown at all that much this year. A lot more balls have been thrown Grimes' way. Fortunately for us, Grimes has been playing great.

Robinson also brought experience to a young secondary as well as a swagger that we had been missing. I think the intangables are as important as on field play.

Plus, WRs have to have that hit he layed on Jackson in the back of their mind. If they do catch it close to him there's always the chance that you'll get POPPED.

pretty sure Nnamdi had no ints this year and was part of why his contract was voided. so dunta has him beat on that one. and why do you think brent grimes had to hustle his butt off all year (which he did handedly) is because not many balls were being thrown dunta's way. anyone that saw houston get burnt all last year should be thanking their stars that we brought dunta in. now with all that said. would i like to have Nnamdi on the team. sure! do i think it will happen. probably not.

pretty sure Nnamdi had no ints this year and was part of why his contract was voided. so dunta has him beat on that one. and why do you think brent grimes had to hustle his butt off all year (which he did handedly) is because not many balls were being thrown dunta's way. anyone that saw houston get burnt all last year should be thanking their stars that we brought dunta in. now with all that said. would i like to have Nnamdi on the team. sure! do i think it will happen. probably not.

+1. Nnamdi has 3 INTs in the last 4 years and the OP acknowledges that he is a shutdown corner. Yes, he would probably be the best player on our defense, but that does not mean we need to make him the highest paid when CB is a already a position of realtive strength, especially going forward with Grimes becoming a star and hopefully Owens or Franks turning into a good NB. If we are going to spend a ton of money on the defense, it needs to be at DE. If we could muster a consistent pass rush, the secondary that we have would really take off.

Nnamdi Asomugha is a shutdown corner for the raiders and after this season he will be free agent. To be honest Dunta Robinson did not do what he was expected to do, he had one interception the whole season and was beat constantly. Nnamdi Asomugha would be a great option to play along side of brent grimes. Brent grimes has showed strides from last season and he just continues to improve. He is more of a shutdown corner than Dunta Robinson. Nnamdi will ask for a lot of money but i think it would be worth it because he could make our defense a lot better. What do you guys think?

<<< I love to have him. He is 10 times better than overrated Robinson and 5 times better than Grimes..

Ill take Asomugha if he can play safety.

What is wrong with DeCoud or Moore? Sure, they may not be elite, but they are both still very young and very good for their age. There is no need to waste that kind of money improving positions that don't need to be improved yet.

I say we trade everything we got for Mario Williams, because I don't want to see his talents get wasted playing DE in a 3-4.

What is wrong with DeCoud or Moore? Sure, they may not be elite, but they are both still very young and very good for their age. There is no need to waste that kind of money improving positions that don't need to be improved yet.

I say we trade everything we got for Mario Williams, because I don't want to see his talents get wasted playing DE in a 3-4.

If you ask me, we are locked with the safety position for the next 6+ years. That, is a GREAT feeling.

funny how you mention that.....but fail to acknowledge that Nnamdi was only targeted around 19 times, for less than 300 yards if i recall correctly.

i like our CBs, but anyone who doesn't think Nnamdi would be a HUGE upgrade for our team is disillusion. Our pass defense is much improved, but still ranked 22nd.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I disagree with that comment, the main reason why is Dunta has done exactly what he was brought to Atlanta to do, the fact that he doesn't have that many Int's only means he's had the WR's covered, and or the QB's know better than to throw his way.

JMO.....

I agree. The main reason Brent Grimes got all those interceptions and has emerged has a lot to do with Dunta Robinson. QB's choose to throw much more to Brent Grimes receiver than Dunta's, which means Grimes is getting more opportunities to make plays. Granted its him thats taking advantage of those plays, not Robinson. But Dunta Robinson I think gets a hard shake by some of you, and if you was to look at the big picture you would see my point. Dunta also brings experience and is a veteran thats help bring leadership to our young secondary. We need him and I feel he has done a good job. We are a better team with Dunta Robinson than we are without him.

Theres nothing wrong with Moore.