NFL Newtwork --- Rich Eisen ---- Falcons don't stand a chance against GBay !

Let's just get this W and move on.

I agree wholeheartedly.

The media is a majority of guys who have NEVER put on a uniform and played on the field. The so-called analysts are just guys who used to play and have some insight to what goes on behind the scenes.

What they and the networks want are teams lighting up the scoreboard and providing lopsided blowouts.

My suggestion, play our game, control the clock and win a low scoring affair.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Regular Guy

Guys, we're not going to get respect because we're not a storied franchise like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. We're going to have to earn our respect by not only winning but being a consistent winning team over the years. Only then will we shed the image of being a loser franchise and a fluke. It sucks but in a way its like we have to pay our dues before we get respect. 3 winning seasons in a row doesn't mean much to folks outside of the ATL fan base. We won't get respect until we win some playoff games and be a consistent winner for a decade. That's just the way it is. Remember New England used to be a joke too in the eyes of many folks. Now they are considered one of the best franchises because they have consistently won for about a decade.....same with Indy. Hopefully we get ours too. Winning a Superbowl or two doesn't hurt either.

I agree, BUT, the Saints have been cellar dwellers like us and BOOM! They win a Superbowl and now every body (media) was declaring them the Gods of football??? I just don't get it. The Falcons made it to the superbowl before them, they won it before us and like magic all is forgiven?

Not complaining so much, but there does seem to be a double standard. I guess Katrina was their free pass, all of the Saint's terrible history was forgotten due to Katrina?

Well whatever. I hope that we stay the underdog all the way to Big D and hoist that Lombardi and start serving out MASS quantities of CROW!!!! Maybe Arthur can have it catered in :)

yeah, i get the feeling even if we win the SB, we still wont get lasting respect...

I agree, BUT, the Saints have been cellar dwellers like us and BOOM! They win a Superbowl and now every body (media) was declaring them the Gods of football??? I just don't get it. The Falcons made it to the superbowl before them, they won it before us and like magic all is forgiven?

Not complaining so much, but there does seem to be a double standard. I guess Katrina was their free pass, all of the Saint's terrible history was forgotten due to Katrina?

Well whatever. I hope that we stay the underdog all the way to Big D and hoist that Lombardi and start serving out MASS quantities of CROW!!!! Maybe Arthur can have it catered in :)

In the days leading up to the playoff game against the Rams after the 2004 season, many commentators said the Rams had a good shot at beating us--in fact, some were calling for the upset.

The similarities are striking. We had a bye, we were being dogged by the media, it was a Saturday 8:00 game and you know what happened? We thumped they @$$--47-17. The dome was rocking and I remember not being able to hear myself scream.

We will bring it and so will the Falcons, tomorrow.

I remember the noise in the dome for that game it was great! I know my voice will be gone on Sunday and I hope the dome can rock like it did that day against the Rams. GO FALCONS!!!

where is this interview... The humble host is saying he never said this stuff

Honestly though, I gotta believe him. That's not even up Rich's wheelhouse to say that we don't stand a chance. He might pick the Packers, and there's nothing strange about that at all. To say that a #1 seed coming off the bye week STANDS NO CHANCE against a 6 seed though, that didn't sound like Rich Eisen at all!

I saw the back and forth on Twitter where ATLJBO confronted him about it. Rich vehemently denied it, and seemed offended that someone would think he'd say it. I can't link to twitter from work. But are we sure it was Rich, and not Rod or Lombardi?

Via Rich:

@Falcons023 @ATLJBO22 never said I'm always right & never take pride if I am right. If I'm wrong, that's OK too. Good luck to your Falcons!

@ATLJBO22 and I never said that either. Defy u to find that quote anywhere. If u wanna debate, come correct and don't spread falsehoods.

@ATLJBO22 but I never said the Falcons "had no chance" against GB. Ever. So why wud u tweet out that I did?

@ATLJBO22 It's a chat room site putting words in my mouth. I did say I thought GB will win but ATL is a super team & of course can win too.

Via Rich:

@Falcons023 @ATLJBO22 never said I'm always right & never take pride if I am right. If I'm wrong, that's OK too. Good luck to your Falcons!

@ATLJBO22 and I never said that either. Defy u to find that quote anywhere. If u wanna debate, come correct and don't spread falsehoods.

@ATLJBO22 but I never said the Falcons "had no chance" against GB. Ever. So why wud u tweet out that I did?

@ATLJBO22 It's a chat room site putting words in my mouth. I did say I thought GB will win but ATL is a super team & of course can win too.

dang JBO way to piss him off lol. Rich types like an idiot too, what is up with all these older grown ups typing like teenagers?!

Naw... I cant lie.. I like Rich... He is my fav sportscaster.... I remember him giving Matt Ryan MVP props when nobody else would... Thats why this caught me off guard... He said he picked Greenbay to win but he said he never said we dont stand a chance... So until i hear the interview... I believe him.

We are beating the Packers tho

Naw... I cant lie.. I like Rich... He is my fav sportscaster.... I remember him giving Matt Ryan MVP props when nobody else would... Thats why this caught me off guard... He said he picked Greenbay to win but he said he never said we dont stand a chance... So until i hear the interview... I believe him.

We are beating the Packers tho

He's been one of my favorites too, that's why I was so shocked when I heard it. He's not one to really make those kinds of silly statements.

Like you said though, he's wrong about this pick. We're taking this game tomorrow.