I urge caution. This team still has a few weaknesses....

Mr Pickle1

Lets get it out of the way. I really want us to win, to shut the **** media up, and to get to a superbowl....but I thought during the season, before the season, and now, that we're a few pieces short to really be playing our best ball.

1. Speed back-we don't have this, and it hurts us.

2. Great offensive line-we don't have this, and it hurts us.

3. Great OC-we don't have this, and it really hurts us.

4. DE opposite Abe who is elite- we don't have this, and it hurts us.

One more year would allow us to address most of those concerns, and we would likely be the best team in football, on paper and on the field...I think this year is a year before we peak, so IF we don't win, it is not the end of the world, and it is not a wasted season. This team still has major holes, and holes tend to start leaking in the playoffs. Matt Ryan and Roddy and Abe and Grimes and Moore and Lofton and Snelling did a lot to bail water during the season, and we have an excellent record....

But I think most would agree with me, when I say we haven't played a great game of football in a while. We were brain dead against the saints on offense. We haven't played in 2 weeks...I could just see a letdown.

Anyway, that's all I had to say...Go Falcons!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get it out of the way. I really want us to win, to shut the **** media up, and to get to a superbowl....but I thought during the season, before the season, and now, that we're a few pieces short to really be playing our best ball.

1. Speed back-we don't have this, and it hurts us.

2. Great offensive line-we don't have this, and it hurts us.

3. Great OC-we don't have this, and it really hurts us.

4. DE opposite Abe who is elite- we don't have this, and it hurts us.

One more year would allow us to address most of those concerns, and we would likely be the best team in football, on paper and on the field...I think this year is a year before we peak, so IF we don't win, it is not the end of the world, and it is not a wasted season. This team still has major holes, and holes tend to start leaking in the playoffs. Matt Ryan and Roddy and Abe and Grimes and Moore and Lofton and Snelling did a lot to bail water during the season, and we have an excellent record....

But I think most would agree with me, when I say we haven't played a great game of football in a while. We were brain dead against the saints on offense. We haven't played in 2 weeks...I could just see a letdown.

Anyway, that's all I had to say...Go Falcons!

I would like to meet up with you to buy some of the stuff that you're smoking to believe that we don't have a great O-line.

Guest AtlWhite84

I understand the apprehension, I've been there myself doggie. In the back of your mind you refuse to allow yourself to let go. You refuse to believe that success can happen. Believe it sir.

Isn't that what people of religion say? Believe without fact, believe without prior lineage of success or correctness. "Have faith."

617 NFL coaches, players and executives would disagree with #3. I take issue with #2. I don't believe that there is a better offensive line left in the play-offs. You could argue the Pats, maybe the Jets, but make no mistake, the Falcons offensive line is the cream of the corp. I can't think of 5 units I would take over them.

#1 -- I would like to see a change of pace back to get on the perimeter to stress the defense, but the Falcons could be doing a lot worse than Jason Snelling, a guy that can come in and start if needed, is great in pass protection, not to mention a very good receiver.

#4 -- Can't argue there. More production must be found in the pass-rush department. Biermann seems better as a situational guy and it seems he doesn't have the same consistent bite in getting after the passer as a full-time rusher.

What team doesn't?

Honestly man, I feel better about this Falcons team and how strong they are than any of the teams I can remember. I mean that. Way more than '04, moreso than '08, and yes...I feel like this team is more complete than the '98 squad.

As nervous as I'm gonna be on Saturday night...I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM! I've always labeled myself a realist as compared to an optimist but man...it's time to start believing! I gotta feeling this year is gonna end and Falcons fans everywhere are gonna have a smile on their faces.

what's so great about GB's OL, RB, TE and throw Chicago in there as well. On paper GB may be a little better than us....BUT we have DOME field advantage against who ever we play until the SB

would agree we will be better next yr by adding a few pieces....BUT WE ARE GOOD ENUFF TO GET THERE AND POSSIBLY WIN IT ALL

every team has a weakness jack ***

Class. Some posters dont' have it. :ph34r: Pointing at almost everyone in this thread. I watch every game, I occasionally buy tickets, I've been as behind this team as anyone on this board. And this is how you treat a post which is actually rather positive, saying that in a year, we can easily be the best team in the league, and that it isn't the end of the world if we lose. Pathetic. Rise up isn't just talking about the team, I agree, it's telling the fans that you don't have to have the mentality of a pathetic loser, and can discuss things rationally without personal attacks. Sam Jackson is ashamed of most of you right now.

what's so great about GB's OL, RB, TE and throw Chicago in there as well. On paper GB may be a little better than us....BUT we have DOME field advantage against who ever we play until the SB

would agree we will be better next yr by adding a few pieces....BUT WE ARE GOOD ENUFF TO GET THERE AND POSSIBLY WIN IT ALL

GB's Oline isn't going to keep Ryan upright or not...Ours has struggled in protection this season, not a lot of sacks, but a TON of pressures, and we struggle running the ball at times. Not a massive weakness, but the line is slightly above avg, not great. Most times don't have great olines, and yes, it hurts them. It hurt us against Arizona 2 years ago in the playoffs, and I'd say they're about the same as they were then.

I am not saying we're going to lose. I'm just saying I think next years team can be a lot better, and that this, realistically, isn't "the year" we were supposed to go the SB. If we lose, we have a much better shot next year. But most people on this board are apparently scared shitless, and respond with anger to any suggestion that we won't win by 20. So be it.

I understand the apprehension, I've been there myself doggie. In the back of your mind you refuse to allow yourself to let go. You refuse to believe that success can happen. Believe it sir.

Isn't that what people of religion say? Believe without fact, believe without prior lineage of success or correctness. "Have faith."

Have faith = familiar with the crusades? that doesn't always work out so well :lol:

back to the original subject - you can throw around all the stats you want, analyze all the matchups, do whatever you want, but the bottom line is this team finds a way to win. even when their running game is grounded, even when they give up a lot of yards or a late score, they find a way to win. and until they lose, i'm going to believe that will continue. eve

Guest AtlWhite84

Moderator? SMH. Professionalism. I've been on this board 6 years. I only pray that the Falcons are better at their jobs in the playoffs than you are at yours.

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO HE DI'NT!!!

GB's Oline isn't going to keep Ryan upright or not...Ours has struggled in protection this season, not a lot of sacks, but a TON of pressures, and we struggle running the ball at times. Not a massive weakness, but the line is slightly above avg, not great. Most times don't have great olines, and yes, it hurts them. It hurt us against Arizona 2 years ago in the playoffs, and I'd say they're about the same as they were then.

I am not saying we're going to lose. I'm just saying I think next years team can be a lot better, and that this, realistically, isn't "the year" we were supposed to go the SB. If we lose, we have a much better shot next year. But most people on this board are apparently scared shitless, and respond with anger to any suggestion that we won't win by 20. So be it.

we have pending free agents that could significantly change this roster, PLUS the odds of us staying as healthy next year as we have this year is very slim. i think this year we have a good shot, who knows what players will leave as free agents or get injured next year.

Have faith = familiar with the crusades? that doesn't always work out so well :lol:

back to the original subject - you can throw around all the stats you want, analyze all the matchups, do whatever you want, but the bottom line is this team finds a way to win. even when their running game is grounded, even when they give up a lot of yards or a late score, they find a way to win. and until they lose, i'm going to believe that will continue. eve

I respect that attitude, and respectfully would point out...we lost game before last, to the Saints, at home, when we were giving it everything we had. Oline struggled to blow people off the ball, and protect Ryan, and we struggled getting Brees on the ground, bigtime. We lacked explosiveness. We played sloppy. That is cause for concern. We have lost, we can certainly lose again.