185 Yards and 2 INT's

Magic Man

That's what Rodgers has over Ryan. 185 Yards more, and 2 more INT's. The ENTIRE NATIONAL MEDIA is saying how great Rodgers is, and ignoring the QB of the NFC South Champs.

I seriously think that the Falcons are coming into this game ticked off and ready to destroy Green Bay. With that being said, I still think this one will be close. I am thinking 28-18 Falcons.

Edited by Magic Man

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You must admit Rodgers is a great QB. He's accurate throwing the deep balls and can extend plays with his feet. He also spreads the ball around. That being said the Rodgers - Ryan (Young QBs) comparison is a stretch. Rodgers has been in the league 6 years, twice the time Ryan's been in the league. He sat and learned behind Favre for 3 years. When he got a chance to play he wasn't all that impressive. His first year as a full time starter there was a knock on him being too injury prone. It took him until his 5th year to be considered a franchise QB.

Rodgers just a year behind Rothelisberger, Eli, and Rivers. Thats the group he should be lumped with not Ryan, Flacco, and Freeman. Plus, the latter QBs were thrown in the fire as rookies instead sitting and learning the offense for a number of years.

You must admit Rodgers is a great QB. He's accurate throwing the deep balls and can extend plays with his feet. He also spreads the ball around. That being said the Rodgers - Ryan (Young QBs) comparison is a stretch. Rodgers has been in the league 6 years, twice the time Ryan's been in the league. He sat and learned behind Favre for 3 years. When he got a chance to play he wasn't all that impressive. His first year as a full time starter there was a knock on him being too injury prone. It took him until his 5th year to be considered a franchise QB.

Rodgers just a year behind Rothelisberger, Eli, and Rivers. Thats the group he should be lumped with not Ryan, Flacco, and Freeman. Plus, the latter QBs were thrown in the fire as rookies instead sitting and learning the offense for a number of years.

The fact is Rodgers is 27, two years older than Ryan. They both have been starters for the same amount of time. I give Ryan credit for performing right out of the box the differnce is Ryan was 23 when he entered the NFL, Rodgers was only 20. As far as his first year being unimpressive lets take a look at that year. He played all 16 games (injury prone wrong!!!!) He completed 63% of his passes for 4,000 plus yards and 28 TD and 13 Int. His team was only 6-10 but he was very impressive from day one as a starter. You really should do a little research before you rewrite history. Stick to pumping up Matt Ryan, I would hope you are more knowledgeable about him. For the record I think Matt Ryan is an outstanding quarterback and I do consider Ryan, Flacco and Rodgers in the same group.

Rodgers has around 100 less pass attempts than Ryan and 45 less completions, so that needs to be factored in as well. Of course this can be attributed to the stretch the field offense the Packers have, whereas The Falcons hardly ever stretch the field.

Stats and numbers. Thats all this is. In the end it comes down to W/L. Thats the most important number. Who is on top in the NFC this year? Nuff said!

For a QB on a run first offense to have near the same numbers as Rodgers on a pass happy "stretch the field" offense as you put it says something about Matt. Spin it how you want it but logic will tell you that what Ryan has done on this team puts him leaps above Rodgers.

I guess we will put this to rest come game time on saturday.

Rise Up!

Go Falcons!!

Edited by jhow34

Stats and numbers. Thats all this is. In the end it comes down to W/L. Thats the most important number. Who is on top in the NFC this year? Nuff said!

For a QB on a run first offense to have near the same numbers as Rogers on a pass happy "stretch the field" offense as you put it says something about Matt. Spin it how you want it but logic will tell you that what Ryan has done on this team puts him leaps above Rogers.

Rise Up!

Go Falcons!!

I wsnt trying to spin anything, just throwing that out there because I dont like to see people make too much out of stats without putting them into context. And really, if you think bout it, W/L doesn't really mean much either (see the Aints/Seattle game) it just depends on who wants it more, and I think our boys are hungry for a playoff win.

For a QB on a run first offense to have near the same numbers as Rodgers on a pass happy "stretch the field" offense as you put it says something about Matt. Spin it how you want it but logic will tell you that what Ryan has done on this team puts him leaps above Rodgers.

Rise Up!

Go Falcons!!

It really doesn't matter who is on top of the NFC this year or who has the most W/L anymore. It comes down to THIS game Saturday, past is the past this is by far more important than regualr season records. They both made the playoffs and both are playing eachother now to move on..

Edited by sorensenaj0143

Rise Up!

Go Falcons!!

Sorry double post.

Edited by sorensenaj0143

Kinda makes the INTs a little bit more impressive doesn't it -_-

Not in my mind, iv'e never seen a QB that throws such simple passes on a more consistent basis. He stretches the field a fraction of the time Rodgers does. Thats no slight on Ryan, he's just asked to play the game adifferent way and depend on the players around him more. The last game against GB for example, he was 24 of 28 passing.. but only 4 of those attempts traveled 10 yards or more in the air.

Edited by sorensenaj0143

Kinda makes the INTs a little bit more impressive doesn't it -_-

Not in my mind, iv'e never seen a QB that throws such simple passes on a more consistent basis. He stretches the field a fraction of the time Rodgers does. Thats no slight on Ryan, he's just asked to play the game adifferent way on depend on the players around him more. The last game against GB for example, he was 24 of 28 passing.. but only 4 of those attempts traveled 10 yards or more in the air.

Edited by sorensenaj0143

Hardly impressive his first year starting? Seriously.

63.6 % Completion rate.

4038 Yards

28 Td's

13 Ints

93.8 QB Rating.