Did anyone else just watch NFLN

MagnusXXIII

I hope Peyton did.

Been watching NFLN most of the day.

Zero Falcon coverage.

Waited for a segment Rogers vs. Ryan.

It was Jamie Dukes saying Rogers was on a better team.

When he looks at the roster top to bottom the Packers are just better.

They have five wide recievers.

We just have pieces (I guess what some people would call multiple pro bowlers).

We have Roddy and Turner ... Well GB does not really have that ... But [mumble] they have an answer .... (whatever that meant) and Woodson.

And that was the extent of the coverage.

Around 6 ... I waited for three GB segments to roll through to get to Playbook GB-ATL. Because at least it was something.

For the first time EVER watching playbook ... They never once showed a Falcon highlight. If someone was from mars they would have thought GB won the first game.

Both Baldy and Theisman repeatedly pointed out they both pick GB.

Not one counter argument.

Not one Falcon perspective.

Nothing at all for the casual Falcon fan to hang their hat on.

Baldy did have a weird expression on his face at the end though.

Almost like he was saying, Falcons you owe me one.

You know what I mean.

I didn't watch but that sounds about right. We have no players and the packers have all of em. We didn't win that last game it was post poned to this one. I cant stand watching any sports shows. Now the only thing that I watch that deals with football is the Game.

I hope Peyton did.

Zero Falcon coverage.

We have Roddy and Turner ... Well GB does not really have that ... But [mumble] they have an answer .... (whatever that meant) and Woodson.

Around 6 ... I waited for three GB segments to roll through to get to Playbook GB-ATL. Because at least it was something.

For the first time EVER watching playbook ... They never once showed a Falcon highlight. If someone was from mars they would have thought GB won the first game.

You know what I mean.

Went through this in '98 with the Vikes.

Made the win that much sweeter. :P

I didn't watch but that sounds about right. We have no players and the packers have all of em. We didn't win that last game it was post poned to this one. I cant stand watching any sports shows. Now the only thing that I watch that deals with football is the Game.

Pretty much the same here. They keep saying "The Packers should have won that last game" or "I really think the Packers were going to win that game after they scored a late TD." Huh? The NFLN guys are just hacks, rejects from the major networks (which pretty much suck too). And don't get me started about the commentators for the games. Best just to go to the games. Otherwise I would be tempted to throw a shoe through my TV.

Edited by lee sunset

I hope Peyton did.

Zero Falcon coverage.

You know what I mean.

I've been watching the NFLN, too, and I'd agree that your summation is 100% accurate. We did receive a little love on ESPN's "Around the Horn" from 3 out of the 4 analyst, so I guess a few people are not completely sold on the "Super Duper Red Hot Green Bay Packers" coming into the Dome and beating us!

Saturday night CAN NOT get here FAST enough...I'm BEYOND ready to see our guys serve all the "naysayers" with a nice, tall glass of STFU!! ;)

Edited by BirdzEyeView

Earlier they had Joe Theismann and some other dope. Same thing. On the 3 min. they spent on the Falc./Pack. game, not ONE single word, ZERO, not one about the Falcons, the entire segment was on how the Packers had gotten better each week since their last game here and how they have the best this and the best that.

I'm a little surprised they haven't re-named them the Green Bay Best.

This all boils down to one thing. The talking heads need something to talk about.

In the last three weeks the Falcons haven't played a game that mattered to anyone other than the MNF loss to the Saints.

Meanwhile, Green Bay went into Foxboro and barely lost without Rodgers. Then they hammered the Giants to end their chances. Then they won a squeaker against the Bears. Then they won a playoff game.

I don't think anyone is disrespecting us. They have mainly just forgotten about us.

After the game the story will be: "Well, the Packers caught our imagination winning 3 must win games in a row, but the Falcons reminded us today that they have been the class of the NFC from week 1."

Yeah ... But at least the vikes were the number one seed and 15-1 ...and did not already lose to us.

Agree with your points.

But I think it's similar in that nobody is giving us a chance--nor any credit for being where we are; like we just tripped and stumbled through the right door.

Edited by rounz

This all boils down to one thing. The talking heads need something to talk about.

In the last three weeks the Falcons haven't played a game that mattered to anyone other than the MNF loss to the Saints.

Meanwhile, Green Bay went into Foxboro and barely lost without Rodgers. Then they hammered the Giants to end their chances. Then they won a squeaker against the Bears. Then they won a playoff game.

I don't think anyone is disrespecting us. They have mainly just forgotten about us.

After the game the story will be: "Well, the Packers caught our imagination winning 3 must win games in a row, but the Falcons reminded us today that they have been the class of the NFC from week 1."

I hear what you are saying ... But it's beyond that. We are Lombardi's "lock" of the week ... And not in a good way.

Packers fan here

I also find the lack of respect/press for the falcons odd, being that they are the number one seed. I thought maybe it was because of the bye week but the Patriots are on a bye and still getting all the love from the major networks so I don't know. Maybe it's because of the lack of stars on the falcons. The Falcons don't blow you away with their players or put up 40 points on you. Rather they pound the football and control the time of possesion, which doesn't bring you the greatest highlights for ESPN and such, but that style of football gets you wins (13 obviously) and thats all that matters. It is kind of funny though all this hype the Packers are getting even though there has never been a 6 seed from the NFC to win it all. I for one am not taking the Falcons lightly and I know the Packers aren't.

Packers fan here

I also find the lack of respect/press for the falcons odd, being that they are the number one seed. I thought maybe it was because of the bye week but the Patriots are on a bye and still getting all the love from the major networks so I don't know. Maybe it's because of the lack of stars on the falcons. The Falcons don't blow you away with their players or put up 40 points on you. Rather they pound the football and control the time of possesion, which doesn't bring you the greatest highlights for ESPN and such, but that style of football gets you wins (13 obviously) and thats all that matters. It is kind of funny though all this hype the Packers are getting even though there has never been a 6 seed from the NFC to win it all. I for one am not taking the Falcons lightly and I know the Packers aren't.

+1...It's good to know that all of us Falcons AREN'T crazy afterall! :lol:

Welcome to Falcons Nation. ;)

Packers fan here

I also find the lack of respect/press for the falcons odd, being that they are the number one seed. I thought maybe it was because of the bye week but the Patriots are on a bye and still getting all the love from the major networks so I don't know. Maybe it's because of the lack of stars on the falcons.

What's not to know? ESPN is in Conn and they've been riding Brady and Bellichek's jocks for 10+ years now. Nothing surprising to this Falcon fan. Chalk it up to good ol Northeastern bias!

Edited by Goal Line D

No, the story will be "If it weren't for [insert your bogus issue here ... bad ref call, cheating replay system, etc.], the Pack would have easily come away with that one. As it is, the Seahawks are surely going to the Superbowl with their only competition left being in Atlanta."

:lol:

Packers fan here

Thanks for being fair.

But there is no explanation.

Falcons have the fifth best scoring offense.

GB and NO have the 10th and 11th.

The Falcons have the most pro bowlers in the NFC.

With just as many if not more household names as Greenbay (despite the lack of coverage).

Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, Gonzo, Abe ...

After Rodgers ... The average Joe would have to name Matthews ... Then who ... Woodson. , Jennings, Driver? ... More so then Babs, Lofton, Biermann, Robinson etc.etc.?

Edited by Jonah_Falcon

No, the story will be "If it weren't for [insert your bogus issue here ... bad ref call, cheating replay system, etc.], the Pack would have easily come away with that one. As it is, the Seahawks are surely going to the Superbowl with their only competition left being in Atlanta."

:lol:

Exactly, look at the treatment of the 1 yard line fumbles (ours was forced btw).

Look at the treatment of the last minute strip (ours was done on offense btw) compared to New Orleans. I mean New Orleans beat the bengals only because they flinched into a hard count.

Summing up the great plays of the season they showed Malcolm Jenkins's strip - But not Roddy's .

Every winning team has wins like that this season.

At least the Falcons have not lost to a losing team in three years.