Christopher Owens likely to see more action Sat.

i for one don't see a big drop-off from b. williams to c. owens. in fact i like the energy owens brings. owens will make an impact either as a gunner or nickel.

I agree i think we should have put him in after Williams missed two of the ten he could have had I don't know why Owens haven't got more time at the nickel.

B Will kept the nickel job due to coverage and his ability to time the blitz. Stop falling in love with young players and recognize the players that are making plays now. B Will witch is not giving credit for is a excellent tackler. He took some bad rush angles vs the saints that had me heated. But all and all I hope he is healthy for this game. He is big and physical. We need that vs the slants GB runs all game. Look at the last game vs the packs. B Will actually was targeted less then Grimes and Daunta, so that tells you something about his coverage skills.

B Will kept the nickel job due to coverage and his ability to time the blitz. Stop falling in love with young players and recognize the players that are making plays now. B Will witch is not giving credit for is a excellent tackler. He took some bad rush angles vs the saints that had me heated. But all and all I hope he is healthy for this game. He is big and physical. We need that vs the slants GB runs all game. Look at the last game vs the packs. B Will actually was targeted less then Grimes and Daunta, so that tells you something about his coverage skills.

"stop falling in love with young players"???what? owens is a better tackler than williams is. williams is a vet and knows coverages better, but if he has a knee injury i'd rather have owens in there. a healthy williams yes, a gimpy williams. no.

"stop falling in love with young players"???what? owens is a better tackler than williams is. williams is a vet and knows coverages better, but if he has a knee injury i'd rather have owens in there. a healthy williams yes, a gimpy williams. no.

Williams being out is a problem. Owens may be a better tackler, but is TERRIBLE IN COVERAGE. Owens got lit up last time he was given real play time at the secondary and is without a doubt the weak point if he is playing. There's no problem with liking a young player, I liked Owens last year, but seeing him play this year shows that he needs more time. It takes years to really learn to play the CB position well. But there really is no respect for Brian Williams here. Great in coverage, run support, and Van Gorder has been using him to blitz a lot recently. I'll be really concerned if a pass heavy team like Green Bay gets to play with Owens on nickel.

Face it. The majority of posters on this board wanted Williams gone two years ago.

I think a lot of that does have to do with age. His and Owens'.

Make no mistake about it though, Williams has been solid. At LCB and NCB.

I'm hoping he can go and be effective. If he can't, I'm hoping Owens can RISE to the occasion.

Worst case scenario...think it will change a lot- the blitz packages would be cut in half and so on

post game +1 for the excellent call here. We took a blitz early in the game with Owens that missed at least as badly as Williams did against Brees, but that was it. The blitz packages were cut probably more than half because we had to provide help for Owens on the back end. With Williams in there, we could have done a lot more with various blitz packages. The loss of Williams hurt a lot more than I initially assumed it would.

Chevis Jackson and now Chris Owens. I wonder if he's on the hot seat...he's a good tackler but he can't cover worth ****.

I'm not giving up on him, but I hope he's on a short leash. Bring in a CB to compete with him in the third or fourth round...I honestly feel that he has a good shot at losing that competition. I'm so disappointed in Owens its not even funny.

• 10 months later...