Let's not have this happen again

elmack

At the last game vs the Saints, a Saints fan called security on a Falcons fan because he stood up and cheered on third down situations. Security came and told him to sit down. After he continued to do it, Dome security came again and threatend to kick him out. Not only that, they stood next to him for the rest of the quarter to make sure he didn't stand up again.

Everyone in the area booed security and the Saints fan. Eventually security had to call for backup to calm the situation. I thought it was terrible job by dome security to make this guy sit down. He was not harrassing or obstructing anyone. Everyone explained to dome security that this guy had done nothing, but dome security had to crack down becuase of this one Saints fan complaint.

The Falcons want fans to "RISE UP", but they need to send a memo to security.

At the last game vs the Saints, a Saints fan called security on a Falcons fan because he stood up and cheered on third down situations. Security came and told him to sit down. After he continued to do it, Dome security came again and threatend to kick him out. Not only that, they stood next to him for the rest of the quarter to make sure he didn't stand up again.

Everyone in the area booed security and the Saints fan. Eventually security had to call for backup to calm the situation. I thought it was terrible job by dome security to make this guy sit down. He was not harrassing or obstructing anyone. Everyone explained to dome security that this guy had done nothing, but dome security had to crack down becuase of this one Saints fan complaint.

I was at the MNF game vs. the Eagles when ATL beat McNabb & co. That was the game where Lavalais broke a few McRibs. I was in a seat in the 100's section, and we literally did not sit the entire game, except at halftime. I know it's frustrating to have the guy in front of you stand up when you don't want to, but if it's that type of game, you just gotta roll with it...................B)

Those security personnel were obviously aints fans

Yeah, they were relocated New Orleans fans probably. I could see that.

Still, if EVERYONE in your section that is a Falcon fan stands up and cheers when the Falcons are on defense it won't be easy to complain about an entire section, now will it?

It's gonna happen again, bet on it.

In Pittsburgh, Philly, Buffalo, Cleveland, New York..................you name it, the Aint's fan would be doused with beer, threatened, then shown the door...............physically.

End of problem.

Now you see why the rest of the NFL cities look at Atlanta like a bunch of wine sipping golfers.

It's gonna happen again, bet on it.

Actually, the way to stop this isn't to contact the Falcons, it is to get the local sports radio stations talking about this.

On the one hand the Falcons are doing the 115 campaign to promote more noise in the dome, on the other hand dome security is telling people to sit down and be quiet. Exactly the kind of thing talk radio thrives on.

And exactly the kind of publicity that would Arthur Blank involved (which is what it will take to keep this from happening again).

Buck and Kincaid, where are you?

The same thing happened to me alot of times. Back in 98' on our super bowl run i was at the saints game in the 300 section it seemed like i was the only Falcons fan in that section the lady in front of me told security i was yelling and wouldn't be quiet. The security officers moved me away from the section but didn't make me leave the game. In 08' I was a season ticket holder. We went to the 22-20 comeback against the Bears, but I didn't get to see the rest of the game because i was booted for vulgar language.Once again i was asked by security to sit down 2 weeks later after an female Aints fan complained about me standing up waving my red falcons t-shirt(homemade flag)above my head. After her drunk for a husband yelled cursed and spit slurs about "rookie a$$ punk mf aint s#!#$ HE NOT NO BREES" for about 3 quarters when we start coming back and winning now I'm the bad guy go figure. Then at the Monday night this season I'm surrounded on both sides front and back by Aints fans AGAIN. The guy behind me where just rude, his girlfriend was a loud mouth that doesn't know difference between a football and coconut. There was a family of 4 in front of me that "didn't bring there kids out to hear such foul language. We came out to enjoy a game. This is a family environment" Super cool dude from New Orleans "C'mon bro we super bowl champs baby' In my left ear and some old dude wearing a gold and back fur coat on the right.I cheered my heart out and lost my voice in the 4th quarter but had to do it from my seat cause i was gonna be kicked out in the 3rd. cause the Mother of the family of 4 said i was making to much noise...?????? WTF DOES RISE UP MEAN THEN?????????

Edited by B_Lo_Touchdowns

WOW, I am truly shocked by this. I was at that MNF game, which was my 1st ever Falcons home game since I am from NJ and I was standing and clapping the ENTIRE game. I was in section 115 and made lots of noise. I would have been quite mad if someone told me to sit down, ESPECIALLY an Aints fan complaining.

This is "really hard to believe." Really, really hard to believe. Are you referring to an NFL football game on 3rd Downs? NAW...you just kidding. Please do not repost a response. This is not true. I am a STH for many, Many, MANY years MANY YEARS!!!... AND this is not true. PERIOD! NOT calling you a liar.

Section 123 Rise up!