Offensive Weapons

atljbo

“That’s the knock on their offense,’’ Scouts Inc.’s Matt Williamson said. “They’re a balanced offense, probably even a run-first offense, so [Ryan] isn’t going to get the chance to put up the really big numbers. They’re always going to try to establish Michael Turner and the running game. They do have Roddy White and he’s a dangerous receiver. But nobody’s afraid of [receiver] Michael Jenkins, and they’re probably less afraid of [tight end Tony Gonzalez] because those guys don’t stretch the field and they don’t make anything happen after the catch. They’re a well-coached and tough group, but I don’t trust the Falcons to score a lot of points.’’

I definitely see us adding weapons... Rather its in FA or the Draft.... The WR group in the draft is good but the WR in FA is great also...

I'd love to get someone like Zach Miller, Marcedes Lewis or Kevin Boss in FA. All are good receivers and blockers. I don't know if we'll go with a well established WR like Jackson or Floyd. I think we'd be better off getting one in the draft and developing him behind White and Jenkins instead. I wouldn't mind a slot WR like Steve Smith though or someone who should come cheap but make an impact like Mark Clayton but he did have a nasty injury.

Would you be opposed to trading Coleman and a pick to Chicago for Olsen, or just straight up for Olsen? The kid is a stud but is pointless in their offense. They need safety help and Coleman is a good player. But if we choose to keep Coleman, do you think a 4th would do it?

The reason I think a fourth would work is because Olsen has 1 year left on his contract. That means we would have to resign him. The benefit is we keep our 1, 2, 3 picks. We could get the best DE, RB, and WR available at those picks.