Crowd Noise on Saturday

I've heard they'll be giving out Falcons Flags again to the first 60,000 at the dome this Saturday. They're great from a visual standpoint and it's a nice gesture, but I think they ultimately hurt the crowd noise at the dome. Also, some fans like to waive them during plays, which gets very annoying and can make it hard to see the game. What are your thoughts on these flags, good idea or bad idea for Saturday?

I don't think the flags make a dent on crown noise. When they gave out flags for opening day hardly anyone used them after the first play. I know I kept mine rolled up b/c I could either wave a flag or watch the dang game, and watching the game prevailed. I'm all for giving out something to help distract the opposing team, but these flags seem ineffectual in that regard. Maybe they should give out small megaphones or something to amp up the noise.

I know I kept mine rolled up b/c I could either wave a flag or watch the dang game, and watching the game prevailed.

Same for me when they gave them out at the Ravens game. Plus, they weren't exactly the best quality. If you waved them too enthusiastically, they kinda fell apart. I'm not even gonna take one when they offer it to me this Saturday.

Some players say seeing all the flags waving around get's them even more pumped up. As for noise, most people only wave them as they come out of the tunnel and after they score but not when they are on defense because the players are looking at the field or player in front of them not what the fans are waving in the stands.

It's all about the players feeling supported in big numbers.

Some players say seeing all the flags waving around get's them even more pumped up. As for noise, most people only wave them as they come out of the tunnel and after they score but not when they are on defense because the players are looking at the field or player in front of them not what the fans are waving in the stands.

It's all about the players feeling supported in big numbers.

It is an awesome sight and people wave them at the opening and after a big play.

They don't wave them when we're on defense, they yell.

Funny when I took mine to Tampa, they made me throw the pole away, said could be used as a weapon :lol:

It is an awesome sight and people wave them at the opening and after a big play.

They don't wave them when we're on defense, they yell.

Funny when I took mine to Tampa, they made me throw the pole away, said could be used as a weapon :lol:

Same thing happened to me in Carolina - I noticed several people got theirs in and I guess once they were in, nothing was said to those that mananged to get them by the gate security because they waved them all game long. I think those stadiums simply don't want people to notice there are more Falcon fans than their fans or at least not give the appearance there are so many of us there. Either way it was lame and funny that they didn't allow the flagsticks.

Same thing happened to me in Carolina - I noticed several people got theirs in and I guess once they were in, nothing was said to those that mananged to get them by the gate security because they waved them all game long. I think those stadiums simply don't want people to notice there are more Falcon fans than their fans or at least not give the appearance there are so many of us there. Either way it was lame and funny that they didn't allow the flagsticks.

I think the Panthers brass was hoping you would use yours as a weapon against Jimmy Clausen.